PDA

View Full Version : I got more info on Nall

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Spoke with a guy from the Sportsxchange.com regarding Craig Nall.. I consider him more knowledgeable and credible than Cheesehead Packer Fans. Plus, unlike most of us, he's unbiased.

This is the low down I got on Nall.

* He has an excellent arm. As a starter would be among the top QB's in the league in terms of arm-strength.

* Good size and delivery, an ability to see over defenders.

* Is an absolutely HORRIBLE athlete.. He compared him a lot to Drew Bledsoe.. Live arm.. No mobility what-so-ever. on a line like Buffalo's thats a recipe for a few concusssions.

* Isn't exactly known for his quick thinking on the field either.

* Basically, the guy is a backup and that's pretty much it.

Obviously, Marv feels different so we'll wait and see. I like the signing as Shane Matthews replacment, maybe even Holcomb's.. But if anyone is actually COUNTING on him being the next Hasselbeck or Delhomme they're nuts.

bigbub2352
03-21-2006, 11:37 AM
I agree he is brought in to maybe release holcomb after they draft Vince Young ha ha

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 11:39 AM
I agree he is brought in to maybe release holcomb after they draft Vince Young ha ha
Ice will flip his lid if he hears you say that.. Makes me want Vince Young even more.

justasportsfan
03-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Obviously, Marv feels different .Based on what? I think Marv just found his Frank Reich. Nothing more.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Cool.. Now as soon as we get his JIM KELLY in here we'll be straight.

Wait VInce Young is BLACK.. and he can RUN.. that aint no Jim Kelly!

bigbub2352
03-21-2006, 11:44 AM
out of all thr reports i haven't heard Nall is smart and Reich was like a genious anyway i hope thye get rid of Kelly and Draft Vince then they let the three young guys duke it out it makes more sense then cutting 24 year old JP, Holocomb is 33 and only getting worse i might be mistaken but i am pretty sure Kelly and Jp make about the same as well

Kerr
03-21-2006, 11:46 AM
What gives? I've read Nall has a weak arm.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm not a Nall fan, but his arm DEFINITELY isnt weak. Its stronger than Aaron Rodgers.. Though he's not exactly Favre either.

Kerr
03-21-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm not a Nall fan, but his arm DEFINITELY isnt weak. Its stronger than Aaron Rodgers.. Though he's not exactly Favre either.

That makes me feel loads better *sarcasm*
Great another drew bledsoe who has cement feet.

GvilleBills
03-21-2006, 11:58 AM
how can this guy be such a horrible athlete when he was converted to WR in college? Did he have some kind of injury?

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 12:02 PM
how can this guy be such a horrible athlete when he was converted to WR in college? Did he have some kind of injury?

I'm telling you what I been told.. It's also on the scout message board that Nall isn't too nimble either.

TedMock
03-21-2006, 12:05 PM

Because so many are talking out of thier arses. I have read a few different write-ups on Nall as I'm sure many of you have. Some say he's got a very good arm, some say his arm lacks big play strength, and others said his arm was "adequate." Whatever that means. I have read that he's an athletic guy, and I have read that he can't make plays with his feet. I have read that his strengths lie in his ability to read and react (intelligence), then I've read that he's not the brightest of QB's. Thank god we have so many sports-writing experts out there.

All of the above doesn't even include what posters here have thrown out there!

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 12:05 PM
From Packers.scout
"He is nowhere near as good of an athlete or as quick thinking as Hasselback. Plus other then a slightly stronger arm has absolutley ZERO on Rodgers"

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 12:06 PM
I have NO PROBLEM with Craig Nall being a Buffalo Bill.. I just think its STUPID people are ready to start this kid already, and there ARE people on this board alone who are ready to annoint him the starter.

Crazy.

Kerr
03-21-2006, 12:06 PM
From Packers.scout
"He is nowhere near as good of an athlete or as quick thinking as Hasselback. Plus other then a slightly stronger arm has absolutley ZERO on Rodgers"

:handball:

dannyek71
03-21-2006, 12:11 PM
for all the people talking about wanting vince...how do you think a running qb would fare on the frozen turf in dec?

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 12:21 PM
for all the people talking about wanting vince...how do you think a running qb would fare on the frozen turf in dec?

Better than a sitting duck in the pocket on the frozen turf in dec.

bigbub2352
03-21-2006, 12:58 PM
he would be just as fast and we would be able to slide for more yards, also he would add another dimension to the offense that would be great during bad weather the old QB draw keep the ball on the ground i wouldnt hesitate to take him because of weather conditions not at all

DraftBoy
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
just found this off cnnsi.com

He ran a 5.01 40 at the combine in 02

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2002/draft/players/97485.html

If he can run a 40 at that speed I dont think he is Bledsoe slow, he has some mobility.