X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Cardinals Guard Reggie Wells To Stay In Arizona

Arizona Cardinals Official Team Website I Arizona Cardinals – AZCardinals.com

Forget about Wells now.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: It's official

another miscalculation by the Bills FO.

But hey.. "at least we tried."
    10 bucks says Neal signs somewhere else sometime today or tommorow as well.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

In coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Few seconds late
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

no crap that sucks!!!! new that was gonna happen
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          In coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Few seconds late
          LOL.. NOpe.. Not incoming.. I dont expect anyone who's started more than 50% of games last year (minus someone who was an INJURY replacement starter) to be considered by the BIlls anymore.

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Obviously Wells wanted to stay in Arizona too. They had a meeting with him and unless he wanted to stay with them, they wouldn't have bothered matching the offer to a player that wanted to move on.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Maybe we'll target Mike Pucillo next.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                Obviously Wells wanted to stay in Arizona too. They had a meeting with him and unless he wanted to stay with them, they wouldn't have bothered matching the offer to a player that wanted to move on.
                I have close to $30 million reasons why they were matching the offer to wells, regardless of whether he wanted to play for them or not.

"Edgerrin James"

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

No real suprise here.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

Why the negativity? Levy tried under the rule. And the cards played within the rule, too.

I've said before you have a clear direction of where you want to go and you execute the plan. For the Bills they must have Wells on the top of their list, so they give their shot. It did not work. So now they move onto plan B, being another FA or the draft.

Anyone who managed a business knows this: you have a plan and you execute it. Sometimes the environment presents conditions you have to wait then you wait. Those who follows through are the ones that survives and move onto to better and bigger things.

If Levy's plan calls for O-Linemen with certain criterions, such as for FAs below certain age, having certain ability, with certain dollar amout, then just follow through the plan. There is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Marv better be offering the same deal or better to Stephen Neal now.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                        Why the negativity? Levy tried under the rule. And the cards played within the rule, too.

I've said before you have a clear direction of where you want to go and you execute the plan. For the Bills they must have Wells on the top of their list, so they give their shot. It did not work. So now they move onto plan B, being another FA or the draft.

Anyone who managed a business knows this: you have a plan and you execute it. Sometimes the environment presents conditions you have to wait then you wait. Those who follows through are the ones that survives and move onto to better and bigger things.

If Levy's plan calls for O-Linemen with certain criterions, such as for FAs below certain age, having certain ability, with certain dollar amout, then just follow through the plan. There is nothing wrong with that.
                        I applaud Marv's thinking in Wells.. cant take that away from him. I just don't think it took Peter King to figure out it wasn't going to work.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

IF McNally doesn't think these guys are major upgrades over what we have, I'm sure Marv will offer a contract according to what they are worth to this team.

Marv's no dummy, he's had guys like Hull in his offensive line.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BigGabes23
                            • Mar 2006

I think everyone needs to keep in mind we are trying to re-build here. We need young players who will outperform their contract, not thirty somethings that will be minor upgrades this year, and a cap burdon for the next three. While I have suffered along with you all for the past 6 years, Marv has untill May 1st 2007 (right after the draft) untill I question the moves he is not making.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by biggabes21
                              I think everyone needs to keep in mind we are trying to re-build here. We need young players who will outperform their contract, not thirty somethings that will be minor upgrades this year, and a cap burdon for the next three. While I have suffered along with you all for the past 6 years, Marv has untill May 1st 2007 (right after the draft) untill I question the moves he is not making.
                              The day he cashed his first paycheck I have every right to question any move he has or hasn't made. The day I go to OBD and pay $130 from my bank account to buy game tickets I have every right to question any move. This is a FAN forum. I don't need to be impressed with a move or lack of to voice an opinion.

Not to say you claim your position is better than mine either, BTW. You make a lot of logical sense. I'm just fed up with the losing and changing our game plan every year.

I am WITH you on trying to sign WElls.. I only said that it wasn't hard to figure out it wasn't happening. Therefore, to me, Wells in this particular case appears to be a waste of time when there are other guards, ANY better than Bennie Anderson that time and potentially money could have been better spent.

Comment

Working...
                              X