PDA

View Full Version : Offseason

jdbillsfan
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
There has been a lot of negativity about the Bills offseason so far. I am actually ok with them following a plan and signing who fits into the system they want to implement, but that's a different story.

This is a deep draft and if the Bills first few rounds looked anything like this, would there still be so much negativity about Ralph, Marv and the Bills offseason?

1st - Winston Justice
2nd - Davin Joseph
3rd - Orien Harris/Babatunde Oshinowo/McCargo
3rd - Mark Anderson/Dusty Dvorcek/Watkins/Blue

Or is the sky still falling?

justasportsfan
03-21-2006, 01:56 PM
We're just used to TD snagging the first reject when he was GM. I'm glad Marv doen't buy the first car he sees.

mybills
03-21-2006, 01:57 PM
I am actually ok with them following a plan and signing who fits into the system they want to implement.
Same here. :up:

Billsrock4life
03-21-2006, 02:45 PM
We're just used to TD snagging the first reject when he was GM. I'm glad Marv doen't buy the first car he sees.

agreed

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 02:50 PM

First car? The lot is just about empty.. Only lemons remain

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 02:51 PM
There has been a lot of negativity about the Bills offseason so far. I am actually ok with them following a plan and signing who fits into the system they want to implement, but that's a different story.

This is a deep draft and if the Bills first few rounds looked anything like this, would there still be so much negativity about Ralph, Marv and the Bills offseason?

1st - Winston Justice
2nd - Davin Joseph
3rd - Orien Harris/Babatunde Oshinowo/McCargo
3rd - Mark Anderson/Dusty Dvorcek/Watkins/Blue

Or is the sky still falling?

You're one of the few people who say WInston Justice and you very well could be right. ON paper anyway, I think that would be a very good draft, with the only exception I like Spencer over Joseph, if he's available in round two.

jdbillsfan
03-21-2006, 02:53 PM

So at this point if we don't sign another FA, which doesn't seem likely and the draft played out where our OL was:

Justice, Joseph, Preston, Villarial, Peters

That would be a major problem for you?

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
So at this point if we don't sign another FA, which doesn't seem likely and the draft played out where our OL was:

Justice, Joseph, Preston, Villarial, Peters

That would be a major problem for you?
It wouldn't a be a major problem for me. IT would be a major problem for whoever is quarterbacking.

Starting TWO rookies on the left side of the line is like asking JP to go Gus Ferrotte on the stadium wall, at least twice per game.

Dicknoze69
03-21-2006, 04:09 PM
It wouldn't a be a major problem for me. IT would be a major problem for whoever is quarterbacking.

Starting TWO rookies on the left side of the line is like asking JP to go Gus Ferrotte on the stadium wall, at least twice per game.

You're right on here. Generally, 2 rookies on the left side would essentially mean we have no Offensive Line. Most rookies rarely make an impact their 1st season, so to count on 2 rookies to start would be foolish.

I still think they'll address the offensive line in free agency, but I think everyone's getting impatient.

justasportsfan
03-21-2006, 04:48 PM

I'm gonna wait for other rejects that could be had for less. :D.