• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Is there a possibility that...

...maybe McNally sucks. I know he's had some pretty good success in the past, but maybe he's been tainted here or something. Coaches have been successful before, then ended up sucking. I hope this isn't the case, but I thought he was supposed to be able to work with the kind of guys the Bills have had.
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is there a possibility that...

There's always that possibility. I personally think he's just had crap players to deal with.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Sure its possible.

What's more likely is that the Bills only sign cast-offs from other teams that don't want the players to begin with: Villarial and Gandy (Chicago) Bennie Anderson (Baltimore) and of course wonderful draft picks like Bust Williams.

Marv Levy is showing signs of taking the word cast-offs to a whole new level.. Dont you worry bout that.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

He may and I think this year or at most by the end of 2007 we'll find out.

I've pointed out in my other post that every Bills' O-lineman has less than 2 years with the Bills. Coincidence? McNally came 2 years ago!

We don't know the detail of inner works of how they bring a guy in, but you would think for an O-Lineman, McNally would have his say, a pretty big say on whether he thought he could work the guy. Now there is no one but McNally's guy, Let's see how it works out.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          Sure its possible.

What's more likely is that the Bills only sign cast-offs from other teams that don't want the players to begin with: Villarial and Gandy (Chicago) Bennie Anderson (Baltimore) and of course wonderful draft picks like Bust Williams.

Marv Levy is showing signs of taking the word cast-offs to a whole new level.. Dont you worry bout that.
          That was a joke about Marv, obviously......

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

That thought has crossed my mind too, but I just don't think thats the case. McNally's not some one hit wonder, he has had consistent success with each stop he's made in the NFL.. Not to mention how well respected he is around the league - I mean, you never hear anything but raves about him.

Honestly, I think its more of a testimony to just how BAD the ingredients were that he was working with - and I don't just mean the linemen, its also the poor coaching above him, TD, bad play calling, bad QB situation... it goes on and on.

Hopefully, if nothing else this year, MArv and co. can inject some stability into the team and personnel, which I think will go a long way toward righting the ship. Probably won't be this season, but I think we'll start to see it paying dividends in 2007.

Comment

Working...
            X