PDA

View Full Version : The effort to make JP into the next Big Ben failed...

OpIv37
03-21-2006, 05:21 PM
....so now we're going to try to make Craig Nall into the next Jake Delhomme? WTF?

This team needs to commit to a QB by bringing in a decent OL and personnel that can help them. Even when Drew was here, the team never gave him the OL and the TE that he needed to be successful. Now, I'm not trying to re-open the Drew debate or blame his failures elsewhere, but no QB is going to look good behind this sorry excuse for an OL. The Bills need to commit to a system and a QB rather than just paying lip service to it.

justasportsfan
03-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Haha! You're still the king OP. Pat has a long ways to go. :D

Commit to a qb they haven't even seen at camp. Funny :snicker:

OpIv37
03-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Haha! You're still the king OP. Pat has a long ways to go. :D

Commit to a qb they haven't even seen at camp. Funny :snicker:

Commit to ANY qb- I don't care who it is. JP, Bledsoe, Holcomb, Nall, Woodbury- they're all going to suck behind this pathetic OL. Everyone knew Bledsoe was only successful when he had a good line and an athletic TE. Everyone knew JP was inexperienced and would need a ton of support from the D and the OL. The team didn't give them the tools they needed and that's what's so frustrating.

I'm not trying to take the blame off of the poor play of the QB's, but football's a team game and without building an entire team, it's putting a band-aid on cancer.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 06:27 PM
....so now we're going to try to make Craig Nall into the next Jake Delhomme? WTF?

This team needs to commit to a QB by bringing in a decent OL and personnel that can help them. Even when Drew was here, the team never gave him the OL and the TE that he needed to be successful. Now, I'm not trying to re-open the Drew debate or blame his failures elsewhere, but no QB is going to look good behind this sorry excuse for an OL. The Bills need to commit to a system and a QB rather than just paying lip service to it.:bow:

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Don't worry we wont do anything ******ed like sign a pro bowler like runyan or a mean sob like Stephen neal.. We'll just use our entire draft on OL so that in 2-3 years when they're good, JP can be a free agent and go to another team.

I refuse to use Craig Nall and "starting qb" in the same sentence or that means I will be cheering for the bills to lose by week two to lead in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes.

AT least with JP and Holcomb.. I waited until after Chris Chambers left peices of Nate Clements' groin all over the field before I started rooting for a higher draft choice..

YardRat
03-21-2006, 06:33 PM
They took a huge step by signing a TE that actually knows how to block.

OpIv37
03-21-2006, 06:35 PM
They took a huge step by signing a TE that actually knows how to block.

It's definitely a step in the right direction. I just still don't see the OL getting the attention it deserves.

Typ0
03-21-2006, 06:39 PM
OBD believes Nall has more to offer right now than....JP. Not saying JP is not going to be successful at some time...but not in the very near future he needs a lot of work. No matter how you look at it...the draft pick for JP was a bust.

OpIv37
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
OBD believes Nall has more to offer right now than....JP. Not saying JP is not going to be successful at some time...but not in the very near future he needs a lot of work. No matter how you look at it...the draft pick for JP was a bust.

I think that it was just handled poorly. JP didn't get any experience in 04 cuz of his injury and the success at the end of the season. In 05, JP should have been forced to compete for the job, if for no other reason than to gain the support of the team. MM and TD said they would stick with him for the year, they didn't do it and he lost experience. On top of that, having to run for his life on every play had to shake his confidence. So basically JP was thrown into a near impossible situation. If you read Marv's book, he talks about how to develop a young QB, and it's basically the exact opposite of what was done with JP.

On the other hand, this team has had an awful record of picking QB's since Jim Kelly, so I can't entirely discount your assertation that JP is a bust.

Mr. Pink
03-21-2006, 06:54 PM
I think that it was just handled poorly. JP didn't get any experience in 04 cuz of his injury and the success at the end of the season. In 05, JP should have been forced to compete for the job, if for no other reason than to gain the support of the team. MM and TD said they would stick with him for the year, they didn't do it and he lost experience. On top of that, having to run for his life on every play had to shake his confidence. So basically JP was thrown into a near impossible situation. If you read Marv's book, he talks about how to develop a young QB, and it's basically the exact opposite of what was done with JP.

On the other hand, this team has had an awful record of picking QB's since Jim Kelly, so I can't entirely discount your assertation that JP is a bust.

Oddly enough Marv writes in his book how to develop a young QB but then when in practice and doing he still DOES NOTHING to improve the worst offensive line in the NFL. Someone explain this to me. Because I am outright baffled as to why nothing has been done, other than the wells offer, to this pathetic piece of cow dung attrocity known as our O-line.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Oddly enough Marv writes in his book how to develop a young QB but then when in practice and doing he still DOES NOTHING to improve the worst offensive line in the NFL. Someone explain this to me. Because I am outright baffled as to why nothing has been done, other than the wells offer, to this pathetic piece of cow dung attrocity known as our O-line.

damn dude.. TEll em how ya really feel

Dicknoze69
03-21-2006, 07:04 PM

Good thing we don't have a game that counts for about 5 months.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 07:06 PM

So you got Nall penciled in as the starter from a third-stringer after a 6 minute presss conference in March?

You must be Ice's brother or something.