PDA

View Full Version : Moulds granted permission to seek trade!

BILLSROCK1212
03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
With my 1st post on the board I will sorrowfully anounce the Eric Moulds has been granted permission to seek a trade.

I used the same screen name on the Bills website message board. If someone can get me reinstated from my suspension for doing nothing that would be great!

No link people sorry! Just saw it on the ESPNEWS bottomline.

The_Philster
03-21-2006, 06:21 PM
http://www.newspress.com/Top/Article/article.jsp?Section=SPORTS&ID=564703679031410722

BILLSROCK1212
03-21-2006, 06:23 PM
thanx The_Phillster

One other thing..............what do you think we'd get in return. I say anything from a decent lineman to and 2nd through 4th round pick.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 06:25 PM
2nd round pick is ABSOLUTELY out of the question.. 4th rounder is more likely, and that might be pushing it..

More likely would be a player a team doesnt want where the salaries exchanged may be more comparable.

Isn't Philly dying to unload Hollis THomas?

Mr. Pink
03-21-2006, 06:26 PM
thanx The_Phillster

One other thing..............what do you think we'd get in return. I say anything from a decent lineman to and 2nd through 4th round pick.

Eric Moulds is worth about a box of practice tees....If that much.

Get with the program, T.O. was WORTH absolutely NOTHING on the open market. And T.O. is more than 4 times the player that Eric Moulds is. But hey what do I know?

Kerr
Hopefully they sucker someone into landing a top pick for him.

jdbillsfan
That is good news to me. I liked Moulds but not for that much money and if we can get something in return, great.

I would take pretty much anything at this point, but a 4th round or higher would be perfect.

I'll believe this when I see it though. I still think he gets cut.

YardRat
03-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Marv won't cut him...he'll get something in return.

Moulds' agent will see to that.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I hope he has to end up with 50% less salary than what he would have had.. AND I hope he ends up playing for a team like San Francisco and rots his career away just like OJ did out there.

JJamezz
03-21-2006, 06:37 PM
If you listen to Marv's media interview from today, this is consistent - he said he thinks Eric will find less demand than he (or his agent) anticipates, and renegotiate. I think he's right.

Mr. Pink
03-21-2006, 06:37 PM
I hope he has to end up with 50% less salary than what he would have had.. AND I hope he ends up playing for a team like San Francisco and rots his career away just like OJ did out there.

I hope that the Bills trade him to the Houston Texans for a baby calf. We can all pretend it's a baby Buffalo and use it as the teams newest mascot!

That would rock!

acehole
03-21-2006, 06:39 PM
He has value to a contender in a year thin at the position.

He will rework his deal for said contender.

We will get something if we show him we
will keep him if we don't like the deal.

My guess would be NE or Denver.

We can throw in Clement if we get a first and second and a third next year.

We will be active next year in FA.

We need the picks now!

acehole
He has value to a contender in a year thin at the position.

He will rework his deal for said contender.

We will get something if we show him we
will keep him if we don't like the deal.

My guess would be NE or Denver.

We can throw in Clement if we get a first and second and a third next year.

We will be active next year in FA.

We need the picks now!

patmoran2006
IN all seriousness.. Moulds for Hollis Thomas at least hypothetically makes sense..

Neither team wants the player they are trying to trade..

Better PRAY MOulds dont go to NE he will absolutely OWN us.

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
If you listen to Marv's media interview from today, this is consistent - he said he thinks Eric will find less demand than he (or his agent) anticipates, and renegotiate. I think he's right.

While I agree with that statement, I don't want a pissed off virus in the locker room. Marv should be doing everything he can to get something for him.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-21-2006, 06:42 PM
There could be a few teams that could be interested in a trade.. Moulds is still under contract, and the fact that Buffalo hasnt just released him could make a team give up a pick..

Broncos,Eagles,Chargers,Buccaneers and possibly the Vikes, they all need a WR.. Im not exactly on Moulds side here, but given a decent QB he could still get 60 grabs 700-1000yds and 6td's.. Deffinitly not worth 10 million a year..

Typ0
03-21-2006, 06:42 PM
why the heck would we want his frustrated ass on the team next season?

Mudflap1
03-21-2006, 06:43 PM
If Marv trades E-Mo to NE he should retire immediately...

Jon

ICE74129
03-21-2006, 06:43 PM

I think marv is full of crap. I think they have held him this long for just this reason. They want something for him and to control where he goes

Dicknoze69
03-21-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm not exactly sure what we can get for him. In a normal year, we wouldn't get anything, and would have to cut him.

However, with a weak FA class + raise in the salary cap, there might be a decent market for him. Thomas for Moulds seem too perfect to actually happen. I'd expect a draft pick, probably 4th rounder.

My hunch is that Marv's assertion that the market for Moulds is worse than Moulds' agent ithinks is true.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 06:46 PM
This is his agent talking, put this on the other thread too..

Bills | Moulds granted permission to seek trade
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:33:34 -0800
The Associated Press reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl">Buffalo Bills have granted permission to WR Eric Moulds (http://www.kffl.com/player/224/nfl) to seek a trade. "We are shopping Eric," Moulds' personal adviser, Greg Johnson, said Tuesday, March 21. "Obviously, we would much rather have Eric released. But if we can work out a trade, we will. But if not, we're back to Square 1 and Eric won't play for the Bills. He doesn't want to play for them, and he will not play for them." Johnson said several teams already have expressed interest in Moulds since the Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) granted their permission on Friday. Johnson added that the team has set parameters on what it would seek in return in a potential trade, but did not provide details.

capitolneal
03-21-2006, 06:46 PM
He is done as a Bill I will take Anything for him a 7th on up he is a very good reciever but not at the cap hit the next 2 yrs I would not let him go to a afc east team though I believe Denver will be a player or maybe San Deigo

ICE74129
03-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Teams will trade for him well before getting into a bidding war in free agency for him. Whats it worth to save about 2 mill per year on your cap? a 3rd round pick or so? Hell yes.

Nighthawk
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
I think marv is full of crap. I think they have held him this long for just this reason. They want something for him and to control where he goes

I agree...screw Moulds and get something when you can. Don't let him go to anybody in our division.

Mr. Pink
03-21-2006, 06:49 PM
BTW with his agent/advisor whatever this schmuck calls himself.....And if he says "Eric will never play for the Bills again" guess what? He just completely killed whatever trade value that Moulds had. Teams now KNOW that Moulds will not play for this team ever again and now they are completely aware that the Bills have their hands tied and the only thing left to do is to release him.

If you're upset that Moulds won't land you that box of practice tees, you now know why.

JJamezz
03-21-2006, 06:50 PM
This is his agent talkign, put this on the other thread too..

Bills | Moulds granted permission to seek trade
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:33:34 -0800
The Associated Press reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl">Buffalo Bills have granted permission to WR Eric Moulds (http://www.kffl.com/player/224/nfl) to seek a trade. "We are shopping Eric," Moulds' personal adviser, Greg Johnson, said Tuesday, March 21. "Obviously, we would much rather have Eric released. But if we can work out a trade, we will. But if not, we're back to Square 1 and Eric won't play for the Bills. He doesn't want to play for them, and he will not play for them." Johnson said several teams already have expressed interest in Moulds since the Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) granted their permission on Friday. Johnson added that the team has set parameters on what it would seek in return in a potential trade, but did not provide details.

Wow, I didn't realize it had gotten that ugly.. I figured it was just his idiot agent shooting his mouth off.

Well, assuming Eric indeed won't play for the Bills, then props to Marv for squeezing any value out of him he can get.

acehole
03-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Anybody feel free to answer this....

If he sits out he don't get paid....correct?

LEt him rot if that is the case.....

I mean what did we relly do to him....asked him to help out on the cap...and held him retire a bill?

Fine he refused.......so we are only asking him to play out his deal.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2006, 07:02 PM
BTW with his agent/advisor whatever this schmuck calls himself.....And if he says "Eric will never play for the Bills again" guess what? He just completely killed whatever trade value that Moulds had. Teams now KNOW that Moulds will not play for this team ever again and now they are completely aware that the Bills have their hands tied and the only thing left to do is to release him.

If you're upset that Moulds won't land you that box of practice tees, you now know why.
Stupid blabber mouth agents don't set players' trade values. He could say whatever the hell he wants, he's under contract. If he won't play, he gets fined and suspended. Then paychecks would stop coming. He could be like TO and ride the pine for a year and wait for the big contract next year, IF he gets one. But he's no TO and he's not getting any younger. Holding out will just kill his own value.

So yes, his trade value is in OUR hands. And if Marv wants something back for him, he will.

kgun12
03-21-2006, 07:03 PM
:refuse: :gag:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Yeah let's just hope he's out of the AFC East or out of the whole AFC for that matter that way we don't have to play him twice a yr. if he's in the AFC East. If I had to take a guess I say he would be an Eagle.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 07:14 PM
We will trade him eventually.. But if anyone thinks we're getting a first day pick for him, ya'll some disillusioned people..

Bill Brasky
03-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Eric Moulds is worth about a box of practice tees....If that much.

Get with the program, T.O. was WORTH absolutely NOTHING on the open market. And T.O. is more than 4 times the player that Eric Moulds is. But hey what do I know?

What are you on? T.O. landed a 3 year deal that could net him 25$ million, after people were saying he wouldn't get squat. You shouldn't listen to "experts" all the time because they are rarely accurate.

"We are shopping Eric," Moulds' personal adviser, Greg Johnson, told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Obviously, we would much rather have Eric released. But if we can work out a trade, we will. But if not, we're back to Square 1 and Eric won't play for the Bills. He doesn't want to play for them, and he will not play for them."

To anybody who thinks he won't find some sort of deal and restructure, I laugh at you. We've seen the last of this guy.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Moulds will land a decent deal, but he aint gonna get anything good for the Bills as trade value.. I think the point was not even TO could get a trade offer for Philly when everybody in the league knew he'd never been in Philly again.

Same as moulds.. teams will wait til we finally cut him or offer us a crap 5th or 6th round pick.. Of course Buffalo needs to take whatver they can get..

Hell, I hope we get a first rounder for him.

ICE74129
03-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I say Denvers 3rd round pick or a trade with philly straight up for thier DT. He will be traded, not cut. They want to control where he goes for two reasons. 1) he isn't in the AFCE and 2) show him he had no real control in this.

The_Philster
03-21-2006, 07:41 PM
difference between the Moulds and TO situations is this...Moulds hasn't had a long history of being a problem in the locker room..1 confirmed incident where he lobbied to replace the starting QB...and 1 incident where numerous different accounts came out
T.O.'s been a problem for both teams he's been with

Mr. Pink
03-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Moulds will land a decent deal, but he aint gonna get anything good for the Bills as trade value.. I think the point was not even TO could get a trade offer for Philly when everybody in the league knew he'd never been in Philly again.

Same as moulds.. teams will wait til we finally cut him or offer us a crap 5th or 6th round pick.. Of course Buffalo needs to take whatver they can get..

Hell, I hope we get a first rounder for him.

That was my point, he has ZERO trade value, when you go and announce publicly you'll NEVER play for a team again, other teams hear this and go "Why would we bother even sending you a 7th round pick for a guy you're gonna cut anyways?"

Dallas obviously had interest in TO, yet never so much as offered a 7 to Philly for him. Because, the Eagles woulda taken anything they could get for him as opposed to nothing.

casdhf
03-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Moulds and 8 for Denver's 2 picks!

acehole
03-21-2006, 07:51 PM
To and Moulds are NOT the same situation.

Moulds is not a 12year old trapped in a mans body.

In this situation...a team will try and get him if they need a wr...at the same time keep a rival from getting him.

Mould is a Vet WR with alot on the tires...if I am denver or philly a third round pick for a guy that cane get you to the big game is a song.

Team did not want to ruin there roster with TO.

Pat you are off on this one.

Granted for this to work...Marv must posture a bit to say we will keep him if we dont get our #...you can count on that.

Why? Someone will lose a WR in camp or later...and he will be just sitting there...........

Think about it.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-21-2006, 08:04 PM
As a GM, you have to treat it like business - no emotion involvement please.

That said, all I care about is the "set parameter" as his agent called.

Anyone care to guess what these parameters are?

I would guess a 1st round for any AFC East teams, a 2nd round for any AFC teams, and a 3rd round for any NFC teams. Of course it's negotiable.

To those doubting that we can get anything for Moulds, look no further than Henry who said even worse things before he parted way. Henry trade happened in a RB full off-season, not nearly as established as Moulds, and coming off an injury. Look what we got from him.

I live in Pittsburgh, a football fertile land with a lot of agents and scouts, and have friends who know a few that work in that industry. Believe me agents talk and there are no regulation prevents them from talking. That's how most of the player movement information circulating around (like Donahoe knew Bledsoe was available even though the Pats never said so publicly). I strongly believe Moulds' agents having private conversations with other teams before today and I also believe that Levy got the wind, too - long time ago. That's why he's holding onto Moulds, until one day after Owens was signed.

thecoordinator
03-21-2006, 08:38 PM
given his contract and his age, and the fact that his rep said "he doesn't want to play for the bills and he won't play for the bills," i'd say the chance of you guys getting a 1st day pick are slim to none. if i'm marv and someone calls offering a 4th round pick i take it and run.

justasportsfan
03-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Better PRAY MOulds dont go to NE he will absolutely OWN us.Definitely.Everyone in the AFCE has definitely gotten stronger if that happened.

cordog
03-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Even if there is no trade value for Moulds, if he is traded, there will be no dead money from his deal on the cap which is valuable in itself. Very nice play by Marv. Waiting until the biggest fish (T.O.) is off the market and then offer up Moulds. I wasnt sure if he knew what he was doing, but it looks like he does now.

Night Train
03-22-2006, 02:37 AM
I thought people were screaming for him to be cut ?

Now by showing patience,we may get a draft pick for him from a team NOT in our division. That's why G.M.'s manage and internet fans drink beer.

Mr. Pink
03-22-2006, 02:48 AM

Now by showing patience,we may get a draft pick for him from a team NOT in our division. That's why G.M.'s manage and internet fans drink beer.

So when the team is unable to trade him, you should be the LAST person to complain, when they cut him June 1st freeing up 5.5 million dollars in cap room, that they missed the boat on this over a week ago to use to sign top notch free agents.

And also when they are unable to trade them, doesn't that show that us "beer drinkers" may know a little a more than the GM? Personally I'd like to know what category that would end up lumping you into. :)

And trust me I won't forget ANY of this come the day he does get cut. heh

Night Train
03-22-2006, 07:54 AM
So when the team is unable to trade him, you should be the LAST person to complain, when they cut him June 1st freeing up 5.5 million dollars in cap room, that they missed the boat on this over a week ago to use to sign top notch free agents.

And also when they are unable to trade them, doesn't that show that us "beer drinkers" may know a little a more than the GM? Personally I'd like to know what category that would end up lumping you into. :)

And trust me I won't forget ANY of this come the day he does get cut. heh

Trust me. I'm a beer drinker. LOL.

It doesn't make sense to just cut him now and let a divisonal rival swoop in and grab him. That's all I'm saying.

Even if we receive only a 7th round pick for instance from Carolina, we kept him out of the division.

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 08:14 AM

Now by showing patience,we may get a draft pick for him from a team NOT in our division. That's why G.M.'s manage and internet fans drink beer.this is why posters like Mikey, Pat and OP shouldn't panic so soon.They should drink coffee instead of eating it by the spoonfulls.

SpanishBill
03-22-2006, 08:14 AM
If the team is unable to trade Moulds before June 1st, well at least they've tried. I truly don't think that we really needed the money because we just did not go after any top notch free agents. So why cut him if you don't need the bucks right now? So he can sign right away with the Pats? No thanks!

Besides, I don't see TO's situations being the same as Moulds'. The Eagles did not had any leverage because THEY suspended TO. Don't recall TO saying he did not want to play again for the Eagles, it was the Eagles that didn't want to have him on the roster bacuase of his moronic attitude. Who's going to give you **** in that scenario? Nobody, IMHO.

But AFAIK, the Bills have insisted they want Moulds back, while Moulds' agent says now he won't play again for the Bills. I think this gives Marv & Co. much more control on the situation than the Eagles had over TO's. And teams know that for sure also.

Besides, do we HAVE to cut Moulds before June 1st if we can't trade him? If we don't need the money, I say keep him even he doesn't want to play and fine him until the guy cries to be back onto the field (if it is possible).

BTW, I'm also a beer drinker :up:

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Some people forget about the Travis Henry trade. We were patient in dealing him inspite of a loaded RB FA'cy then. Eventually some RB went down and we got a 3rd for him. One of the few things TD got right.

Don't you guys wonder why Moulds was told to seek a trade now that T. O. is signed? That's because more teams would be interested in Moulds now .

SpanishBill
03-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Some people forget about the Travis Henry trade. We were patient in dealing him inspite of a loaded RB FA'cy then. Eventually some RB went down and we got a 3rd for him. One of the few things TD got right.
Nice point, justa.

And wasn't another team interested in Henry just before he got traded, even offering a conditional 2nd riund? I recall TD saying something about 'the price was a straight 3rd and they are late'... darn, don't remember that team... :(

Jaybird
03-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Their are some teams that can realy use him like th eagles, falcons and denver. the guy still has some talent hes just lost his drive to play for us. he can styill grab 80 balls and 8-10 TD. A third round pick would be great, this way he would have 3 of them and it gives us room to move up in the second round for 2 picks

Mski
03-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Eagles! Yes Please? maybe they will give us Westbrook while they're at it, they've just delt with one problem in the locker room i dont think they would take a chance on another, Atlanta! they're probably the most likely of the three mentioned but do they really have the money for him, or are people forgetting that his current contract doesnt just dissappear when he gets traded? Denver! he wont want to go there to be the #3 reciever anyway or have i missed something and Rod Smith and Lelie go somewhere else?

MZiggy
03-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Eagles just resigned McCants and signed Gaffney. They probably arent lookin for someone like Moulds even though they dont have a legit #1

TedMock
03-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Eagles! Yes Please? maybe they will give us Westbrook while they're at it, they've just delt with one problem in the locker room i dont think they would take a chance on another, Atlanta! they're probably the most likely of the three mentioned but do they really have the money for him, or are people forgetting that his current contract doesnt just dissappear when he gets traded? Denver! he wont want to go there to be the #3 reciever anyway or have i missed something and Rod Smith and Lelie go somewhere else?

I think the Eagles have to seriously consider him. He's actually a very good fit for them. What about Moulds for Hollis Thomas? Thomas is an older DT, but still pretty decent. At least then we'd have options come the first round. Otherwise Ngata almost seems like a necessity. I wouldn't mind Thomas for 1 or 2 years while drafting a 3rd DT to rotate until full-time ready, then we could try a trade down, best player available, etc. The draft is deep with lineman, so it seems to make sense.

mybills
03-22-2006, 08:52 AM
BTW with his agent/advisor whatever this schmuck calls himself.....And if he says "Eric will never play for the Bills again" guess what? He just completely killed whatever trade value that Moulds had.

I agree that just hurt the value, but I wouldn't put it past Johnson saying that all on his own, because I agree he's a schmuck. Players who have said they want to play for a team and retire as one of them, usually don't change that statement until they've been signed by another team. Moulds hasn't been signed anywhere else yet.