PDA

View Full Version : Big Mike....

venis2k1
02-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Are the bills still planning to move him to LT this year?

The_Philster
02-02-2003, 09:13 AM
When did they say they were? :huh:

venis2k1
02-02-2003, 09:17 AM
when we first drafted him, Everyone was saying he would move to LT this year, Or am i just going crazy???

The_Philster
02-02-2003, 09:19 AM
It was an idea but I doubt it will happen. They started to become a cohesive unit towards the end of the season. It would be counter-productive to make a change now.

JJamezz
02-02-2003, 10:43 AM
You're not crazy, although I have no idea what the plans are.. I'd imagine MW and JJ (nice initials!) would just switch positions.

I could be wrong but it seems a bit much to use that high of a pick on a RT, so ultimately you have to figure he'll get moved over.

ublinkwescore
02-02-2003, 12:33 PM
I don't think it would hurt their progress too much to experiment with him on the right side. But his pass protection needs to improve a lot. Run blocking, he's fine with.

Tatonka
02-02-2003, 12:50 PM
problem is, MW is making LT money. JJ will have his contract come up soon (2 years) and he will want LT money too. not to mention, TT is making LT money at center.

i think that JJ did a great job at RT his rookie year. move him back. move MW to LT.. and see if teague will rengotiate his contract.

TigerJ
02-02-2003, 05:16 PM
MW is making 4th pick in the draft money, regardless of position. I think that there doesn't need to be any hurry to move MW to the left and JJ back to the right. I don't know what TT is making, but I doubt he's making what the top LTs in the league are making. If he turns out to be a great center, his salary is probably justified. He is not a great one yet. I think what may happen is that when it comes time to sign JJ to a new contract, the Bills may let him seek free agency. Then they'll move MW to the left and sign a free agent to play RT (or draft a guy). The important thing is to build this year on what the line did last year. With some continuity and some good coaching this line should get a LOT better.

Tatonka
02-03-2003, 08:26 AM
that is the thing.. if you move JJ to RT now, you dont have to worry about him being out of your price range, like most LTs are. MW is making LT money.. period... he may be making that because of his draft position, but it is what it is. JJ has shown that he is a great RT, allowing zero sacks in his 12 games started there are a rookie. he played it better than MW did this past year. MW is our prize stud on the OLine.. not since ruben brown, have we invested so much in an olineman.. so make him earn that big fat signing bonus and paycheck.

TT makes just under 3 mill a year. that is what the best of the best centers in the league make, which he definately is not.

if anything.. swap JJ and MW, and let teague go, and use that 3 mill that they are paying for the center position to someone who is a 3 million a year center.. not a 1 million a year LT, converted to center.

ublinkwescore
02-03-2003, 05:48 PM
You're a bonehead - Trey Teague did a damn good job.

Tatonka
02-03-2003, 06:13 PM
"your a bonehead"... very insightful..

trey teague did a good job for a guy who hasnt ever played center in the nfl.. he was by no means a rock. he by no mean dominated anyone. he held his own sometimes, he got beat sometimes.. but no one was considering him for the pro bowl..

there is just one problem. he is being paid the same as the pro bowl centers.. because we signed him to be a LT.. so he is being paid like a left tackle.

i dont have a problem with TT.. i do have a problem with alot of money being tied up in a center, when he is not one of the best in the league. that is all my point was..

but i am a bone head.. what do i know.. idiot

Cntrygal
02-03-2003, 06:16 PM
bonehead vs. idiot

Guess you guys are even now. :D

Tatonka
02-03-2003, 06:20 PM
a bonehead is smarter than an idiot.. imho

kgun12
02-03-2003, 11:02 PM
tt's money isn't hurting us. If we needed a palyer to put us over the top and were straped for cash, than maybe it's an issue, but were not so to me it's not an issue. Just my opinion.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Doesn't teague make about 2 mil a year? Which IMO is center type money, not top LT type money.

kgun12
02-04-2003, 12:41 AM
Someone said closer to 3 million, but he is locked up for 3 more year isn't he? So again money well spent. When you look he came here to play LT and when they moved him to center he wasn't happy, but I'm sure someone pointed out to him that he is making better the average center money.

Tatonka
02-04-2003, 08:35 AM
well, before i run my trap anymore, could someone post the remainder of his contract, so we can see if this whole point is moot?

my point was, 3 million a year is pro bowl center type money... if trey teague is making that, then it doesnt make sense..

especially since we are paying MW so much, Ruben so much, and soon we will be paying JJ alot too.. especially if we keep him at LT, which is the most expensive spot on the line.

Tatonka
02-04-2003, 08:36 AM
btw, i am NOT BASHING tt.. i like the guy.. he did honorable work and turned out to be decent... and i thought he was gonna end up being a whinner, after he got "demoted" from lt .. at least that is how i thought he would see it.

TedMock
02-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Teague actually commented after the season and said that while he was initially unhappy, it ended up being a great move for him and the team. He actually likes playing center. I appreciate the fact that he admitted he felt the move was correct.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2003, 09:52 AM
"Someone said closer to 3 million, but he is locked up for 3 more year isn't he? So again money well spent. When you look he came here to play LT and when they moved him to center he wasn't happy, but I'm sure someone pointed out to him that he is making better the average center money."

You may be right but that is still not LT money either. I think he will be a solid center for years to come.

lordofgun
02-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Teague is overpaid for a Center, bt there's not much we can do about it now. I think he was very underrated all year.

don137
02-04-2003, 10:22 AM
What makes Teague so valuable is that if it is needed, and someday he will need to, he can fill in at LT if/when there is an injury. While he is overpaid for a center he adds a lot of value in his versitility. He is also a very good center who possibly could be headed to the pro bowl in the next year or two. He is the best center the Bills have had since Kent Hull.

WG
02-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Teague's entire contract was for around $10M and I believe he had a $4M SB.

Tatonka, I fully agree w/ everything you said. Teague is an overpaid C. He doesn't perform up to other Cs making that much green. If we had known we wanted a C, then there were better ones out there for less. We picked him up as a LT, which is puzzling since he only weighs like 285 or 290.

I do hope that Jennings moves back to the right side too. He played better over there. MW should have no problem at LT and he seems to enjoy challenges.

WG
02-04-2003, 10:30 AM
Gotta disagree w/ ya 137. IMO if Teague plays LT he'd get killed and run around. He's neither fast nor big.

Ya gotta remember, the Broncos signed him to a huge contract, something like 22M over 5 years based on his expectations. He only started one season in Denver. For a guy making that kind of money, that means something, and it ain't good.

I was in disagreement w/ TD over Teague's signing.

don137
02-04-2003, 10:34 AM
If there was an injury at LT Teague would be better than some guy coming off the bench to play LT. He played LT in Denver. While he was not the second coming of Tony Boselli he did do an adequate job at LT. Like LOG said he is not getting paid LT money.

Tatonka
02-04-2003, 11:31 AM
oh god.. me and wys agree! the sky is falling the sky is falling!! =)