• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Big Mike....

Are the bills still planning to move him to LT this year?
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

When did they say they were?
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

when we first drafted him, Everyone was saying he would move to LT this year, Or am i just going crazy???

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

It was an idea but I doubt it will happen. They started to become a cohesive unit towards the end of the season. It would be counter-productive to make a change now.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

You're not crazy, although I have no idea what the plans are.. I'd imagine MW and JJ (nice initials!) would just switch positions.

I could be wrong but it seems a bit much to use that high of a pick on a RT, so ultimately you have to figure he'll get moved over.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

I don't think it would hurt their progress too much to experiment with him on the right side. But his pass protection needs to improve a lot. Run blocking, he's fine with.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

problem is, MW is making LT money. JJ will have his contract come up soon (2 years) and he will want LT money too. not to mention, TT is making LT money at center.

i think that JJ did a great job at RT his rookie year. move him back. move MW to LT.. and see if teague will rengotiate his contract.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

MW is making 4th pick in the draft money, regardless of position. I think that there doesn't need to be any hurry to move MW to the left and JJ back to the right. I don't know what TT is making, but I doubt he's making what the top LTs in the league are making. If he turns out to be a great center, his salary is probably justified. He is not a great one yet. I think what may happen is that when it comes time to sign JJ to a new contract, the Bills may let him seek free agency. Then they'll move MW to the left and sign a free agent to play RT (or draft a guy). The important thing is to build this year on what the line did last year. With some continuity and some good coaching this line should get a LOT better.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

that is the thing.. if you move JJ to RT now, you dont have to worry about him being out of your price range, like most LTs are. MW is making LT money.. period... he may be making that because of his draft position, but it is what it is. JJ has shown that he is a great RT, allowing zero sacks in his 12 games started there are a rookie. he played it better than MW did this past year. MW is our prize stud on the OLine.. not since ruben brown, have we invested so much in an olineman.. so make him earn that big fat signing bonus and paycheck.

TT makes just under 3 mill a year. that is what the best of the best centers in the league make, which he definately is not.

if anything.. swap JJ and MW, and let teague go, and use that 3 mill that they are paying for the center position to someone who is a 3 million a year center.. not a 1 million a year LT, converted to center.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

You're a bonehead - Trey Teague did a damn good job.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

"your a bonehead"... very insightful..

trey teague did a good job for a guy who hasnt ever played center in the nfl.. he was by no means a rock. he by no mean dominated anyone. he held his own sometimes, he got beat sometimes.. but no one was considering him for the pro bowl..

there is just one problem. he is being paid the same as the pro bowl centers.. because we signed him to be a LT.. so he is being paid like a left tackle.

i dont have a problem with TT.. i do have a problem with alot of money being tied up in a center, when he is not one of the best in the league. that is all my point was..

but i am a bone head.. what do i know.. idiot

Comment

• Cntrygal
                        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                        • Jul 2002

bonehead vs. idiot

Guess you guys are even now.
                        Originally posted by notacon
                        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

a bonehead is smarter than an idiot.. imho

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

tt's money isn't hurting us. If we needed a palyer to put us over the top and were straped for cash, than maybe it's an issue, but were not so to me it's not an issue. Just my opinion.
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Doesn't teague make about 2 mil a year? Which IMO is center type money, not top LT type money.

Comment

Working...
                              X