PDA

View Full Version : The stars seem to be aligning

DraftBoy
03-21-2006, 10:51 PM
With the rumor reported by Pat Kirwan and on Billszone here;

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=95109

that Minnesotta is interested in possibly moving up and getting a QB and now with Denver holding the #15 pick and this coming from KFFL;

Broncos | Targeting QB with No. 15 overall pick
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:35:07 -0800

ESPNews reports the Denver Broncos are expected to target a quarterback after acquiring the No. 15 overall pick from the Atlanta Falcons in a three-team deal.

this means that there are now two possible teams in competition for one QB and either one may be willing to trade up and take Young or Cutler at 8 and we could move down and get many extra picks that we need.

Also with Moulds being allowed to seek a trade anybody else think he may go to GB and see if we may do a disgruntled WR switch?

The Draft is still over a month off and Im already super pumped for it and the possibilities of it. However in not so good news;

Dolphins | Team visits with S. Neal
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:07:30 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins visited with free agent OL Stephen Neal (Patriots) Monday and Tuesday, March 20 and 21. Neal could start at right guard if incumbent OL Rex Hadnot were shifted to center.

So lets get Marv off his arse and get a deal to Neal now!!

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Its cause a month ago Vince Young was gone by four.

Now he may last til 10th maybe even a little longer.. Teams are jockeying to take a shot at him.

we WONT draft him, and we WILL live to regret it.. UNLESS we draft Vernon Davis, then I shall be EXTREMELY happy.

Mski
03-21-2006, 11:00 PM
we WONT draft him, and we WILL live to regret it.. UNLESS we draft Vernon Davis, then I shall be EXTREMELY happy.

as Pat Moron said Vernon Davis would be a good pick but i would rather see buffalo try to shop JP for perhaps two second day picks or if as was said before "the stars are aligned" a late first day and early second day pick as buffalo takes Jay Cutler

Mitchy moo
03-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Young will get drafted by us & start. He is a winner & a leader among men, young is our guy!

Mski
03-21-2006, 11:14 PM
not to make a personal attack here but Young doesnt deserve a top ten pick any more the Marcus Vick, and Vick will be the better of the two

tat2dmike77
03-21-2006, 11:21 PM
not to make a personal attack here but Young doesnt deserve a top ten pick any more the Marcus Vick, and Vick will be the better of the two

You mean vick will be better at driving with a suspended liscense, stepping on players, showing a firearm to kids. Then yeah i agree with you.

If you mean he will be a better player then i think your gonna be wrong.

Tatonka
03-21-2006, 11:39 PM
if we draft a qb in the 1st round, i will seriously **** a brick...

if we draft anyone but leinart... ie. young or cutler in the first round.. it will take all my strength not to swear this team off.

Mr. Pink
03-21-2006, 11:47 PM
The differences between Vince Young and Marcus Vick....

Physically Young is obviously bigger....Vick has the stronger arm and better throwing mechanices. Vick is faster.

Mentally, they're both morons as their wonderlic scores indicate. However Young seems to be more mature considering he doesn't pull bonehead things like stepping on people and whipping out a gun.

Potentially Vick has more tools to succeed on the NFL level, the BIG question mark is two-fold. One, can he get his head out of his head and decide to mature and two, can he be coached into that?

If the answer to that question is yes, I would much rather have Marcus Vick on my team than Vince Young. If the answer to that is no, then I wouldn't even take a 7th rounder flyer on him.

Problem is, you have no idea what is going to happen and all you have to go on is past indicators. With those indicators, I'd personally stay away from taking Vick in the draft. Although we all know some franchise will take a chance on him based on his "potential."

lynobx
03-22-2006, 05:29 AM
Why would we draft Young, who is far more unproven as a QB than JP was coming out of college?

And will all you Young fans be calling for his scalp after he doesn't become an All Pro after 8 starts?

In the real, non-Madden world of football, you can't keep getting rid of one player and drafting another on a whim, just because you fantasize that the next guy is going to be an instant star.

lynobx
03-22-2006, 05:42 AM
At this point, there is no proof nor any facts to conclude that JP Losman is a bust, or that Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler or Vince Young are going to be superior NFL QBs.

Mitchy moo
03-22-2006, 05:53 AM
Young pretty much fought his way to a national championship, he obviously likes to win. He also looks like he can lead as well.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-22-2006, 06:03 AM
I think Nall and JP fight it out for #1 with Holcomb intrenched as 2. whoever looses out in #1 gets traded or sent packing and we bring in a carreer #3 or draft a project to fill the emergency roll.

Just my thoughts... pure spectulation.... could be pure BS I have no clue anymore. I sure would like to be a fly on the wall at 1BD sometimes just to hear the conversations and reasoning for why they are doing what they will be doing.

jmb1099
03-22-2006, 06:31 AM
We aren't drafting a QB. We are going to address the lines first and foremost.
Losman will win the Qb comp and once Holcomb statrs to complain he will be gone. No way Marv allows what happened last year to happen this year wih the locker room drama.

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Its cause a month ago Vince Young was gone by four.

Now he may last til 10th maybe even a little longer.. Teams are jockeying to take a shot at him.

Young will NEVER be an NFL quality QB. He is a Gimick that isn't as good as the top gimic Mike Vick.

We draft him, we are doomed to suck for the length of his stay.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-22-2006, 07:47 AM
I heard some pundit on the radio this morning who said Young would be a good fit in Buffalo, and that we had a good QB in Holcome to hold down the fort while it took 2 YEARS FOR YOUNG TO DEVELOPE...

I almost drove off the road and crashed at the thought of 2 years of Holcombe at the helm while waiting for Gimmick Man to develop.

HHURRICANE
03-22-2006, 08:10 AM
This thread has me scratching my head.

I can't believe we are ready to shop JP.

Let's go back to last years draft. Rogers and Smith. I've watched both of them and they totally suck compared to JP. They were both taken higher in their respective year.

Now we are in this years draft:

Leinart: let's see how nice his puff pastry ball looks in windy Rich Stadium. He is the typical great college player, not good pro player.

Young: I live in Atlanta and there is one thing everbody is convinced of. You are never going to win a Super Bowl with Mike Vick. That's why we gave up our first rounder instead of Schaub for Abraham. Let's add to the list of past and present scramblers: McNair, Cunningham, Culpepper and McNabb. All players where their legs are better than their arms.

Cutler: A 2nd rounder until the senior bowl. A high first rounder after the combine. If I were to gamble on one it would be him but what leads anyone to believe that he is better than Losman?!

We have a tough, fast, rocket for an arm, QB who needs experience. Losman showed signs of greatness. Get him an OL and he can be one of the best QB's we have ever had.

The question is if anybody is going to be patient enough to let it happen.

lordofgun
03-22-2006, 09:11 AM
I heard some pundit on the radio this morning who said Young would be a good fit in Buffalo, and that we had a good QB in Holcome to hold down the fort while it took 2 YEARS FOR YOUNG TO DEVELOPE...

I almost drove off the road and crashed at the thought of 2 years of Holcombe at the helm while waiting for Gimmick Man to develop.
:puke:

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2006, 09:24 AM
:puke: :puke:

Night Train
03-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Holcomb. Good grief.

I would gladly drive him to the Buffalo airport and hand him a one way ticket.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Why would we draft Young, who is far more unproven as a QB than JP was coming out of college?

And will all you Young fans be calling for his scalp after he doesn't become an All Pro after 8 starts?

In the real, non-Madden world of football, you can't keep getting rid of one player and drafting another on a whim, just because you fantasize that the next guy is going to be an instant star.

Because of your nice teddy bear avatar and you seem to be nice i'm gonna give you a flyer on this one.

Vince Young won a National Championship and was the MVP in back to back Rose Bowls for Texas. JP Losman was on a bum Tulane team.

Young by a million miles is the more proven QB.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 09:33 AM
At this point, there is no proof nor any facts to conclude that JP Losman is a bust, or that Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler or Vince Young are going to be superior NFL QBs.

IF that's the case, there's also no proof that D'Brickshaw Ferguson won't be another Mike Williams.. Or that Mario Wiliams won't be another Erik Flowers.. Or that AJ Hawk won't be a bust either.. catch my drift?

I agree with you about JP and I think this talk is silly. He'll be starting this year, NOT Craig Nall.

HHURRICANE
03-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Because of your nice teddy bear avatar and you seem to be nice i'm gonna give you a flyer on this one.

Vince Young won a National Championship and was the MVP in back to back Rose Bowls for Texas. JP Losman was on a bum Tulane team.

When you win a national championship everyone knows that you automatically become a great starter in the NFL. Give me a break. He was lucky to find the stadium after he scored 6 and 15 on the wonderlick. Why do you think his stock is dropping?!

HAMMER
03-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Young reminds me of the character Mushmouth from Cosby's cartoon. How would anyone understand him in the huddle?

HAMMER
03-22-2006, 01:02 PM

Huh? Winning the national championship against the most dominant college program makes you unproven in college? Keep smokin those trees.

Mr. Pink
03-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Huh? Winning the national championship against the most dominant college program makes you unproven in college? Keep smokin those trees.

I believe the point was that just because you're good in college doesn't prove you'll do anything as a pro. Craig Krenzel lead the Buckeyes to a national championship over a dominant college program known as Miami. What has he ever done at the NFL level?

So both of your points have merit and basis, but just because you don't agree with the other, doesn't mean that that person is "smokin trees."

lynobx
03-22-2006, 01:07 PM
When you win a national championship everyone knows that you automatically become a great starter in the NFL. Give me a break. He was lucky to find the stadium after he scored 6 and 15 on the wonderlick. Why do you think his stock is dropping?!

Thanks, HHURRICANE. That's kind of what I meant. JP was known to have a great arm and a lot of mobility coming out of Tulane, even though he played on a bad team. Young, with his sidearm motion and questionable Wonderlic scores, is not nearly as accomplished a QB as JP, and may very well owe much of his success to having played on a great team.

Oh, patmoran, you don't have to cut me any slack. I've been a football fan since the early '50s and a Bills' fan since their inception in 1960. I simply believe that JP may very well blossom in his 3rd year, and to waste a pick on an unproven player like Young - given our other needs - would be a major step backward, and foolhardy to boot.

BTW, I'm on vacation in West Palm and am too lazy to log in with my own user name and password, so I'm using my wife's identity on her computer.

Jan Reimers

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 01:11 PM

Van Pelt broke every Dan Marino record in college.

Timmy Chang, considered to be most prolific qb in the entire history of College football.

They are proven. :ill:

lynobx
03-22-2006, 01:19 PM
IF that's the case, there's also no proof that D'Brickshaw Ferguson won't be another Mike Williams.. Or that Mario Wiliams won't be another Erik Flowers.. Or that AJ Hawk won't be a bust either.. catch my drift?

I agree with you about JP and I think this talk is silly. He'll be starting this year, NOT Craig Nall.

You don't have to patronize me. I am not too stupid to "catch your drift." But your argument is disingenuous at best. Ferguson, Williams or Hawk would be rational choices - despite the uncertainty that attends ANY draft pick - because we don't already have a young, athletic first round draft pick who has not as yet had a fair opportunity to show his ability (read JP Losman) at OT, DE or LB.

Michael82
03-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Holcomb. Good grief.

I would gladly drive him to the Buffalo airport and hand him a one way ticket.
I'd gladly put him on a bus and send him to Canada. :ill:

lynobx
03-22-2006, 01:59 PM
I'd gladly put him on a bus and send him to Canada. :ill:

I'll buy him the ticket and a hot meal before he departs.