• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Fowler contract numbers

Buffalo showdown: Even though the Bills gave wide receiver Eric Moulds the ability to shop himself in a trade, general manager Marv Levy doesn't want him to leave. Levy is banking on Moulds not being able to find a trading partner and will be willing to take a pay cut to stay with Buffalo. Moulds has a $10.855 million salary cap numbers, but refuses to take a pay cut because he wants to be released. Meanwhile, the Bills reached a three-year, $7.2 million deal with former Vikings center Melvin Fowler, who will probably take over the starting center job for Trey Teague. The Bills aren't making much of an effort to re-sign Teague, who is an unrestricted free agent. Fowler also had been talking to the Saints.

per John Clayton

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Fowler contract numbers

Bills | Contract update: M. Fowler
    Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:38:40 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports OL Melvin Fowler reached a three-year, $7.2 million contract agreement with the Buffalo Bills. He will probably take over the starting center job for free agent OC Trey Teague (Bills), who is not expected to re-sign.

Not bad money at all.....If he turns out to be good for us, this could be the best free agent signing of the offseason.
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• clumping platelets

Re: Fowler contract numbers

Overpaid....

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

$2.4 million per year for a center with nine starts?

He BETTER be starting at center over Preston for that kind money. It's nice to see Marv start to address the OL .... But eff the depth, this guy BETTER be a starter for $7.2 over three years..

Hopefully this is the first of at LEAST another OL move before the draft... Gimme Neal and I'll be a lot more optimistic about the line.

Fowler.. Is a start.. Dont know what we're getting with him, but i like the move.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

2.4 million per year? Not bad for a former Botch Davis' draftpick!

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
            Overpaid....
            I would have said that 2-3 years ago but not anymore. 53 players and 107 Mil. So basically 2 Mil a player roster average these days.

Guys like Josh Reed, Royal, Fowler etc., who will start or see tons of action...making 2 Mil a year ? That's not overpaying anymore. It's a reflection of the new salary structure. When the cap rises 27 % in 1 off-season, the salaries will adjust with it.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

Overpaid....
              seems to be the theme of this offseason
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• That Guy
                • Apr 2004

Overpaid....
                How many decent linemen have signed for less money than that this offseason?

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

See this is the problem with the board...'Overpaid'. I watch the Bills, Panthers, and other teams as well. Once the Bills are over ( I usually record the panthers if playing at the same time) I stay with other fans and BS with them, watch several games etc. Its being a FOOTBALL fan.

That said I guess I am one of the few that gets to see other players around the league. I say this because Fowlers contract is dead on. he is a good center that is only getting better AND is on his way up. My Brother ( the Vikes lifer) says they knew they couldn't keep him because after the way he played, he is a starter in this league and a good one to boot! The Vikes Probowl Center is returning this year BTW.

This is a damn good signing, you will see. and I agree it seems DJ, JMac and co see preston (another TD signing) as a Backup only both at Center and Guard.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    See this is the problem with the board...'Overpaid'. I watch the Bills, Panthers, and other teams as well. Once the Bills are over ( I usually record the panthers if playing at the same time) I stay with other fans and BS with them, watch several games etc. Its being a FOOTBALL fan.

This is a damn good signing, you will see. and I agree it seems DJ, JMac and co see preston (another TD signing) as a Backup only both at Center and Guard.
                    Ice, good call here. I have been saying all along that Duke is not a starting Center. Maybe he can be down the road but not this year. Trey Teague was horrible so this is definately an upgrade.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

A little high for me, though I'd like to see the break down of the $7.2 million before I say it's high.

My main concern is his stint with the Browns - I saw a few games when he played against the Steelers. Usually a young player shows his hands in the 3rd year (good or not) and the Browns traded him to the Vikings after his 3rd year.

Granted he showed something in his 4th year at Vikings and McNally obviously likes him. So we'll see how he pans out. The dollar amount does suggest strongly, though, that he'll be penciled in as a starter.

ps: Remeber that 3rd year general guide line - Losman, Tim Anderson, Euhus, McFarland, Jonathan Smith all entering their 3rd year. They should be reaching their first NFL peak, sort of speaking.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Thank God that Duke Preston won't be starting at Center.

Comment

• J TES
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by That Guy
                          How many decent linemen have signed for less money than that this offseason?
                          This thread is about Fowler, not decent O-Lineman

Comment

Working...
                          X