PDA

View Full Version : Are we happier today?

jmb1099
03-22-2006, 07:47 AM
In light of the singing of Fowler, are you in a better mood today about the Bills or not? Explain your answer please.

Night Train
03-22-2006, 07:57 AM
In light of the singing of Fowler, are you in a better mood today about the Bills or not? Explain your answer please.

It's slowly getting better.

Like most, I'm hoping a couple more big bodies in the trenches can be signed, prior to the Draft. Then the temptation to reach for a need is gone.

jmb1099
03-22-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm hoping today is the day we sign a big name lineman.

Jersey1031
03-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Yes, I do feel a little relieved that we have addressed a need. But that's most certainly not the finish line to the off-season...

footballhottie
03-22-2006, 08:15 AM
I try not to think about it... I havnt followed anything the last few months, i seem to be a happier person because of it.

Philagape
03-22-2006, 08:24 AM
It's a start. I'll be happier if we sign Neal.

Jaybird
03-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Well the question is is fowler a starter? he will need to win out the job over duke P

OpIv37
03-22-2006, 08:53 AM
I have a feeling Preston will end up playing Tackle.

I think it's a good start, but it's only a start. One good OL out of 5 starters isn't going to solve the problem. I'll be happy when we get two more that are capable of starting.

Triplett was a good signing, but again he's our only DT that's an NFL-caliber starter.

The Josh Reed contract is just mind-boggling. Nothing has been done about Moulds and I don't understand what Craig Nall is doing here. Bringing in another unproven QB won't solve anything.

Mski
03-22-2006, 08:58 AM
after seeing whats been going on with FA over the last two weeks or so i Billieve thats marv's strategy is similar to that of President Bush - "Shock and Awe", except the "shock" is when we dont sign top notch FA's at their position, and the "awe" becomes more of an "awe shucks" when they sign somewhere else

feelthepain
03-22-2006, 09:02 AM

I'm guessing by the question and the way it's posed, you think Fowler was a good pickup?? Not knocking the guy, just trying to gauge Bill fans idea of what a good pickup is and how they rate players by where they sign.

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2006, 09:10 AM
I really don't know anything about Fowler. He seems to be an up and coming player and is young so it sounds like a good signing, but Bennie Anderson sounded like a decent signing last year. I am optimistic.

bigbub2352
03-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Fowler is a good pick up we was outstanding in college and from what i have read was doing really well for minn. He can play both guard and center so look for D.Preston to flop with him on will start at center the other will start at guard they are only in the market for a RT now I think...

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2006, 09:19 AM
why would they be in the market for a RT when by all accounts Peters was our best lineman last year?

elltrain22
03-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Yes I am that was definetely a very good signing. It was a position we so needed, and we got a good young player.

Mski
03-22-2006, 09:24 AM
why would they be in the market for a RT when by all accounts Peters was our best lineman last year?
i do agree while peters was our best offensive lineman last year, he still should be replaced as a starter he is afterall an UNDRAFTED FA TIGHTEND! not a tackle

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 09:25 AM
It's slowly getting better.

Like most, I'm hoping a couple more big bodies in the trenches can be signed, prior to the Draft. Then the temptation to reach for a need is gone.

I totally agree with you. I"m not going to lie and say that a guy who's started all of six games excites me. But as long as Marv is bringing fat slobs in then I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I have to see him as the starting center with the money they paid him, I will flip my lid if Marv is giving $7 million to centers who need to compete for a starting job. At this point I see Preston being a backup who can back up at both the center and guard position.

I also hope we sign at LEAST one more, if not two linemen BEFORE the draft. I dont even count Bennie Anderson as being on this roster anymore.. Since the day FA started I've wanted Neal and I haven't wavered. He would be of tremendous help to this team physically, AND he's played in a great organization and has Super Bowl experience.. That's a NO brainer to me.

I'd also like to see us sign a tackle, I'd love Runyan but marv won't pay him that kind of money. My next choice is Hopkins. The reason being we take a tackle on day one and let him develop for 1-2 years instead of just throwing him out there.

This board is divided on Gandy.. Count me on the half that think he sucks. Some people in here have selective memories. I remeber him blowing more assignments than I care to remember. He SHOULDNT be a starting left tackle in the NFL let alone this team, and with that being the case he's BEYOND expensive to have as a backup, especially when we resigned Jerman and have McFarland too.

I'd like to go into draft day with OPTIONS at our eighth pick. Whether it be DT , OT or a trade down or even up... Plus the more fat bodies we have in before the draft, gives us the opportunity to take a franchise impacting skill player should he be on the board, such as a Michael Huff, Vernon Davis, Chad Jackson or even Jimmy Williams. I'm aware that 80% of our picks will be linemen, but sometimes a player is just too good to pass on, regardless of position.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 09:26 AM
i do agree while peters was our best offensive lineman last year, he still should be replaced as a starter he is afterall an UNDRAFTED FA TIGHTEND! not a tackle

I dont care if he was picked off the street an hour before the game. He was our best linemen this year. He's our starting right or left tackle for the next several years.

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2006, 09:26 AM
If he is a good player he is a good player. You make no sense.

hydro
03-22-2006, 09:27 AM

Move him to LT possibly???

Dr. Lecter
03-22-2006, 09:28 AM

So it does not matter what a player does now, the important criteria is what they did in college?

Should the Pats drop Brady since he was a 6th round pick?

Night Train
03-22-2006, 09:30 AM

Agreed. Watching him move people out on running plays was a common sight last season.

Leave him at RT. Line up Royal at TE next to him and have Willis run sweeps all day long.

Mski
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
If he is a good player he is a good player. You make no sense.
I wasnt saying he was a good player im saying that a big steaming pile of doggie doodoo could have done a better job at protecting the qb last year, so out of the 5 guys that couldnt block their way out of a wet klenex yes peters was the best of them, however i would still have preferd the stanley steamer over even him

jmb1099
03-22-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm guessing by the question and the way it's posed, you think Fowler was a good pickup?? Not knocking the guy, just trying to gauge Bill fans idea of what a good pickup is and how they rate players by where they sign.
Seems like an ok pick up. Some of the reports we've seen on other threads indicate the potential to be a decent pick up. It is also nice to have someone finally addressing the line just like I'm sure you guys are happy that someone finally addressed the qb situation. We need more, but it is a start at least.

Mski
03-22-2006, 09:34 AM
So it does not matter what a player does now, the important criteria is what they did in college?

Should the Pats drop Brady since he was a 6th round pick?

no by going by this method of thinking they should move brady to reciever, or any other position he never played before

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-22-2006, 09:40 AM
I feel pretty good about thigns right now because I feel like if we can get one more lineman in free agency then we should be in good shape because the first two rounds of the draft are stacked pretty good with O-Line. At guard I like Davin Joseph, Max Jean-Gilles, Charles Spencer, and Latui from USC. If we could get one of those guys it would be nice.

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Move him to LT possibly???
Possibly I say we don't push our luck.

Don't Panic
03-22-2006, 09:46 AM
The bottom line is that we still have a gaping hole at LT. Gandy can't do it at the level that we need it to be done, Peters isn't ready (at least not this year)... we have NO ONE there worth starting. If this means we draft a LT, we better have our other DT spot shored up, because Bunkley and Ngata are the only two who could step in and effectively start. I really wish we could have gotten Pickett so that we could go into draft day with only one gaping hole in our lineup instead of two. As of right now, I don't see that situation being resolved through FA. There's the rub.

bigbub2352
03-22-2006, 09:49 AM
The general feeling i get is they think Peters is suited even better to play LT and there are RT still available worth signing, Of course Peters should PLay either side is fine with me