PDA

View Full Version : Craig Nall is a Bum

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 09:40 AM
He's not a bum, but I'm getting really PISSED at everyone who's reading into a 4 minute press conference and annointing him the starter..

Lets make ONE thing real clear: JP Losman is the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills in 2006.

There's TWO things that WONT make him the starter
1) Injury
2) Cutler or YOung drafted- Not happening with Nall signing.

Matthews is retiring.. We NEEDED another QB. Holcomb and Losman get along about as good as Donald Trump and martha Stewart..

Nall was brought in because he WILL take Holcomb's spot on the roster at some point..

If this team starts a third stringer from GB who's thrown 33 passes there's only one person dumber than Marv LEvy and Dick Jauron: And thats YOU.. for buying tix to watch that mess.

JP will start this year.. IF he SUCKS.. He'll be gone and then Nall will get a shot and/or we'll sign a FA/draft next year.

JP Losman opens up the season as starter, end of story.

If he was really in jeopardy of losing his starting spot before the season starts, Marv's smart enough to have brought in a Harrington, Collins or Griese.

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 09:44 AM
but I'm getting really PISSED at everyone who's reading into a 4 minute press conference and annointing him the starter..

.Seek professional help if someones opinion bothers you.

Where's Dr. Phil when you need him?

Dicknoze69
03-22-2006, 09:45 AM
What if Marv feels that Nall is better than Harrington, Collins, or Griese ?

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2006, 09:45 AM
He's not a bum, but I'm getting really PISSED at everyone who's reading into a 4 minute press conference and annointing him the starter..

Lets make ONE thing real clear: JP Losman is the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills in 2006.

1) Injury

Matthews is retiring.. We NEEDED another QB. Holcomb and Losman get along about as good as Donald Trump and martha Stewart..

Nall was brought in because he WILL take Holcomb's spot on the roster at some point..

If this team starts a third stringer from GB who's thrown 33 passes there's only one person dumber than Marv LEvy and Dick Jauron: And thats YOU.. for buying tix to watch that mess.

JP will start this year.. IF he SUCKS.. He'll be gone and then Nall will get a shot and/or we'll sign a FA/draft next year.

If he was really in jeopardy of losing his starting spot before the season starts, Marv's smart enough to have brought in a Harrington, Collins or Griese.
I do agree that I want JP to be the starter but neither of us have any idea of what will happen so don't pretend you do.

Mski
03-22-2006, 09:48 AM

i do agree that marv is smart enough to bring in some talent at qb if he didnt plan on sticking with losman, but there are two decent qbs available in FA not counting harrington, who i believe will excell outside of detroit similar to the way jake the snake has after leaving arizona, but the most interesting FA qb still available is Brooks, and why hasn't there been more talk about him?

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 09:49 AM
What if Marv feels that Nall is better than Harrington, Collins, or Griese ?

Based on what? 33 passes?? And marv's been really in touch with the league over the years, especially third string quarterbacks from the Green Bay Packers.

dannyek71
03-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Craig Nall is a Bum

<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->He's not a bum,

Im confused

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Im confused

Is a title to get people to read on.. THe point was He's not a bum.. But he's not the starting quarterback either.

lordofgun
03-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Im confused
:coocoo:

TedMock
03-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Based on what? 33 passes?? And marv's been really in touch with the league over the years, especially third string quarterbacks from the Green Bay Packers.

I'm not trying to bust your chops, and I agree with certain things you say, but who are we to question whether or not Marv has been in touch with the league? At any level, he's more in touch than any of us are, right? I mean you, me, anybody else on this board can only be fans, cheer, boo, speculate, whatever, but the truth is that we'll never be on the inside as deep as Marv is. Hey we all know somebody who has a "source," or who knows somebody who works for the organization, blah, blah. So what? I have a cousin who is an NFL scout, but even he doesn't have all the dirt that we'd like to hear. I think we've all gotten out of hand with this stuff.

Buckets
03-22-2006, 09:59 AM
I think I would like the best QB in camp at the end of preseason to be our starter. I'm really not interested in the name.

Mski
03-22-2006, 10:00 AM
but who are we to question whether or not Marv has been in touch with the league? At any level, he's more in touch than any of us are, right?

No you are WRONG we all know more about football then Marv, Thats why he's the GM, and we're sitting here whining about him on a message board because all of us can do a better job then he can, we are all gods and he is a mere mortal

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 10:00 AM
I'd count how many posts yesterday said Craig Nall will be starting, but I'd lose count.

I understand the Bills fans need to have faith and stuff.. But if you were drinking a beer and heard on TV that Miami just signed Craig Nall and Saban said he'd be competiting for a starting spot, you'd be spitting your beer out in laughter.

either JP is starting, or Marv is going QB in first round... I think Marv knows maybe he can sell 30-40 fans who follow the team DAILY on the net with this move.. But he's NOT going to sell the THOUSANDS of casual fans as craig nall as the quarterback of the future.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 10:01 AM
I think I would like the best QB in camp at the end of preseason to be our starter. I'm really not interested in the name.

IF that's the case it will change every game.. It will be a QUARTERBACKING CIRCUS.. Just like Jauron had with those circle of jerks in CHICAGO.

jmb1099
03-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Broken record syndrome, seriously.

Mski
03-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Nicely Said!

:cheers:

Saratoga Slim
03-22-2006, 10:12 AM
I hope you're right. I don't really have the energy for the QB debate anymore.

I have a bad feeling about Leinart for some reason, maybe its the arm strength thing. Also, the more I read about Cutler, the more I think he's a poor-man's JP with a better leadership personality. Doesn't have as strong an arm I don't think, may not be quite as mobile, but does seem to ace the interviews. I think its a mistake to draft him without having seen for sure what Losman can do. No way Vince Young comes to Buffalo.

Thus, I think we're looking at Losman, Nall and Holcomb. Unless Nall has one helluva preseason, it should be JP's team in 2006.

JJamezz
03-22-2006, 10:18 AM
I really don't get whats so hard to understand about this...

The starting QB job is open - all 3 guys, or anybody on (or not yet on) the roster for that matter, is on a level playing field AS OF NOW.

Nall is NOT the starter, and NOBODY from the Bills org is insinuating he is, I don't care how far you read into Marv's media comments..

JP is NOT the starter - this is a new regime, and they don't care about his draft status, that has been made abundantly clear.

Holcomb is NOT the starter... but I would add that anybody who thinks he'll be cut this year, leaving the QB position to 3 guys who combined, have less than a season's starting experience, isn't thinking rationally. Unless they pick up somebody with some experience, Holcomb will be on the team next season, just for that factor alone.

From now until the end of August, WHOEVER WINS THE JOB will be the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills next season - what's so hard to grasp about that?

Dicknoze69
03-22-2006, 10:21 AM
I really don't get whats so hard to understand about this...

The starting QB job is open - all 3 guys, or anybody on (or not yet on) the roster for that matter, is on a level playing field AS OF NOW.

Nall is NOT the starter, and NOBODY from the Bills org is insinuating he is, I don't care how far you read into Marv's media comments..

JP is NOT the starter - this is a new regime, and they don't care about his draft status, that has been made abundantly clear.

Holcomb is NOT the starter... but I would add that anybody who thinks he'll be cut this year, leaving the QB position to 3 guys who combined, have less than a season's starting experience, isn't thinking rationally. Unless they pick up somebody with some experience, Holcomb will be on the team next season, just for that factor alone.

From now until the end of August, WHOEVER WINS THE JOB will be the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills next season - what's so hard to grasp about that?

I hate that we don't have a solid QB here, but this is exactly the truth.

OpIv37
03-22-2006, 10:33 AM

1) Injury

So, you're saying that if we drafted Cutler or Young, they'd automatically be the starter? This argument is somewhat moot since you acknowledged that this won't happen, but it would be incredibly stupid for the Bills (or any other team) to make either one the automatic starter. I've been watching the NFL for about 15 years (give or take a year or so), and the only rookie QB I can recall being consistently successful over a full NFL season is Ben Rothlisbergenheimenreiner. No college QB is ready to step in and immediately play at the NFL level.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
It is a moot point because I did say it wont happen.. And i agree with you about rookie QB's in general..

But from the looks of things we're being sold on this isnt a team that's being built for 2006.

NO Drafted QB = 1) Losman 2) Nall 3) Holcomb

Drafted QB = 1) Holcomb 2) Rookie 3) Nall for 2006
1) Rookie 2) Nall 3) Who cares for 2007.

Point= If they dont draft a QB IMO, Losman starts and Holcomb is holding a clipboard behind Nall. If they were to draft a QB, that means they really hate Losman and he's gone.. In which case Holcomb starts in 2006 before they hand off to rookie in 2007.

ANyway I look at it, IMO.. Nall is going to be the middle guy.

BAM
03-22-2006, 11:39 AM
I'll be there regardless of who the starter is. :bigwave:

:gobills:

HAMMER
03-22-2006, 11:58 AM
You're a Bum.

Mski
03-22-2006, 11:59 AM
I'll be there regardless of who the starter is. :bigwave:

:gobills:

:tailgate: Amen to that i already paid for my tickets :hitself:

TacklingDummy
03-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Im hoping JP starts all year. It would be very entertaining.

Mr. Pink
03-22-2006, 12:30 PM
:tailgate: Amen to that i already paid for my tickets :hitself:

And this is the reason why the Front Office NEVER has to do anything to improve the product on the field. Regardless of what they do the people will still flock to the stands. And no, I'm not blasting anyone for still going to see a 2nd rate product because we all sit here, year after year, believing, hoping, praying that we'll be able to see a competitive team sunday after sunday. Then again, I know others just go to the games so they can go tailgate and be hammered before opening kickoff. But with the way they play some of their games, that may be the only way to tolerate it.

Saratoga Slim
03-22-2006, 01:25 PM
And this is the reason why the Front Office NEVER has to do anything to improve the product on the field. Regardless of what they do the people will still flock to the stands. And no, I'm not blasting anyone for still going to see a 2nd rate product because we all sit here, year after year, believing, hoping, praying that we'll be able to see a competitive team sunday after sunday. Then again, I know others just go to the games so they can go tailgate and be hammered before opening kickoff. But with the way they play some of their games, that may be the only way to tolerate it.

Football, as seriously as we all take it, is entertainment. Boycotting games is not very entertaining.

AndreReed83
03-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Someone likes to swing his opinion like a club...

Bill Cody
03-22-2006, 02:47 PM

Cool. Are we signing any more FA's or are we just waiting for the draft? Who are our targets in the draft?:handball:

Kerr
03-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Nall will be sitting his bum on the bench.
JP is the best fit for the offense talent wise.