PDA

View Full Version : CNNSI truth and rumors : MOULDS

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 01:35 PM
We hear Eric Moulds, who wants out of Buffalo and might be cut -- would love to play in Miami, but it's not likely, considering his problems last year with then-Bills coach Mike Mularkey, now the Fins' offensive coordinator.
-- Miami Herald

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/03/22/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Hey Mikey, before you pop a vein it's just a rumor by Miami Herald.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Would have been a perfect fit there but ya , I dont see anyway he can possibly play with Mularkey.

From what I have heard from a few people with some knowledge, there are no less than six or seven teams who are interested in him.

Maybe I was wrong when I said initially we'd be lucky to get a fifth or sixth for him. I still dont think we get anything higher than a third. But a third for a guy that doesnt want to be here/we cant afford isnt' bad.

LtFinFan66
03-22-2006, 01:40 PM
I am not sure I would want him in Miami. Though he would work real hard at least twice a year

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Would have been a perfect fit there but ya , I dont see anyway he can possibly play with Mularkey.

From what I have heard from a few people with some knowledge, there are no less than six or seven teams who are interested in him.

Maybe I was wrong when I said initially we'd be lucky to get a fifth or sixth for him. I still dont think we get anything higher than a third. But a third for a guy that doesnt want to be here/we cant afford isnt' bad. It's only the JP lovers who insist he's no longer a legit no.1.

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 01:43 PM
I am not sure I would want him in Miami. Though he would work real hard at least twice a yearDo you think he'd spit at Clements and Mcgee twice a year?

Saratoga Slim
03-22-2006, 01:47 PM
That's the one place I don't want to see him go. Wouldn't be as bad as seeing Thurman in a fish uni, but kinda the same thing. Even if you don't like the way he behaved last season, he's still been the face of the Bills for quite a while.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 01:49 PM
If it came down the last play of the game, Clements wouldnt be covering him.. Or Chambers for that matter either.

That game was dispicible for Clements.. and the only thing worse was the way he handled the media after the game.

"dont be answerin me no more questions now"

Mitchy moo
03-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Do you think he'd spit at Clements and Mcgee twice a year?

Who cares what he does as long as we get a draft pick for his dumb ***.

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Who cares what he does as long as we get a draft pick for his dumb ***.well he still has one hell of a work ethic as seen here working out already in the offseason

mybills
03-22-2006, 01:58 PM
We hear Eric Moulds wants out of Buffalo.
it's just a rumor

It's really his agent that wants him out of Buffalo. :;

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Eric Moulds wants the money......And if he cant get the money he wants to play for a team where the QB situation isnt a circus.. I dont fault him for that he's spent most his career that way.

OpIv37
03-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Moulds is not a team player. He hasn't put up #1 numbers in at least 3 seasons, and even if he did put up #1 numbers it wouldn't justify his cap hit. He has been great to this team over the years and I remember a few seasons where he was the only player on offense worth a damn. But he's over the hill and if he's not going to do what he needs to for the team, let him go.

I'd hate to see him in Miami, but if that's what it takes so be it.

Jersey1031
03-22-2006, 02:05 PM
It's really his agent that wants him out of Buffalo. :;

Definitley, agents are scum...

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Moulds is not a team player. He hasn't put up #1 numbers in at least 3 seasons, and even if he did put up #1 numbers it wouldn't justify his cap hit. He has been great to this team over the years and I remember a few seasons where he was the only player on offense worth a damn. But he's over the hill and if he's not going to do what he needs to for the team, let him go.

I'd hate to see him in Miami, but if that's what it takes so be it.
Not even Harrison could've put up no.1 nos. here the last 3 years.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Vernon Davis can put up Antonio Gates like numbers though.

Night Train
03-22-2006, 02:25 PM
well he's still has one hell of a work ethic as seen here working out already in the offseason

:rofl:

Bill Cody
03-22-2006, 02:41 PM
I think Levy holds onto him for spite until after the draft. By then whoever could give him a big pay day will have either drafted a WR or blown their wad on other FA's. His agent can talk about trades but seriously who would trade for that contract.

Saratoga Slim
03-22-2006, 02:45 PM
I don't think Marv's going to do anything based on spite.

OpIv37
03-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Not even Harrison could've put up no.1 nos. here the last 3 years.

so who do we blame? You could say that about any offensive position-

"Not even Brady or Manning would have had good QB numbers with this offense."
"Not even Shaun Alexander would have good numbers behind this OL"
"Not even Antonio Gates would have good receiving numbers on this offense."

That argument didn't fly for keeping Bledsoe around- why is it different for Moulds?

Bill Cody
03-22-2006, 02:50 PM
I don't think Marv's going to do anything based on spite.

Unless we were somewhere close to the cap, we have absolutely no rush to cut Moulds. If we cut him now, it would be to do him a favor. I don't think Levy is in the mood to do Moulds any favors after he refused to restructure.

Bill Cody
03-22-2006, 02:51 PM
That argument didn't fly for keeping Bledsoe around- why is it different for Moulds?

Because Justa likes Moulds and he didn't like Bledsoe.:spade:

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 02:53 PM
so who do we blame? You could say that about any offensive position-

"Not even Brady or Manning would have had good QB numbers with this offense."
"Not even Shaun Alexander would have good numbers behind this OL"
"Not even Antonio Gates would have good receiving numbers on this offense."

Because Drew was part of the problem.

You can blame Ralphy/TD.

OpIv37
03-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Because Drew was part of the problem.

You can blame Ralphy/TD.

well now that much I agree with.

I'm just saying that Moulds seems to be out for himself and not the team (I guess most players are out for themselves, but at least they care a little about the team, unlike Moulds). It's not hard to find another guy who can equal his numbers.

That being said, I do worry about Lee Evans suffering from Peerless Price syndrome, so Moulds' contract may be the lesser of two evils.

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 03:10 PM

I'm just saying that Moulds seems to be out for himself and not the team (I guess most players are out for themselves, but at least they care a little about the team, unlike Moulds). It's not hard to find another guy who can equal his numbers.

That being said, I do worry about Lee Evans suffering from Peerless Price syndrome, so Moulds' contract may be the lesser of two evils. I don't blame him. All these years he's taken one after another for the team. Even last year, he was just the voice of the vets. If I were Moulds I'd try to get me a sb ring. Sign with Pats for less.

I think Moulds would've stayed if Ralphy didn't agree with Moooolarkey to have him benched.

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 03:59 PM
We won't trade the bum to a division rival. Donahoe is gone

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Because Justa likes Moulds and he didn't like Bledsoe.:spade: I think most people here feel the same way.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 04:03 PM

That being said, I do worry about Lee Evans suffering from Peerless Price syndrome, so Moulds' contract may be the lesser of two evils.

I am PETRIFIED about Lee Evans as well.. He's going to be watched closer than Tony Soprano with the collection of "number twos" we have next to him.

I won't make anymore comments about my remedy for this, as I will get bashed to death.

Iehoshua
03-22-2006, 04:04 PM
:monkeyp:Bledsucks

::: Moulds

I'm not in favor of giving either of them special treatment, but Bledsoe did more to set back the franchise than Moulds, by far, and Moulds contributed tons more to it. Fact.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 04:04 PM
THe only thing I"ll say about moulds further is this..

If we're going to use 2005 as a basis for a career.. Then aside from Fletcher, McGee, peters and our special teamers.. EVery person on this roster is a bum and an a-hole.

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 04:07 PM
I am PETRIFIED about Lee Evans as well.. He's going to be watched closer than Tony Soprano with the collection of "number twos" we have next to him.

I won't make anymore comments about my remedy for this, as I will get bashed to death.

Lets talk about some facts about evans. Compared to mould coming out of college Evans was: More mature, Better routes, more speed, better work ethic and more speed. I compared the two scouting reports when it was thought we would take him.

Evans is in year 3, time for him to be the #1 guy. ALL WR's have done it and all teams have had fans ***** and whine and bring up every excuse in the world WHY he isn't ready and wont be a #1 WR.

It's time for him to step up and be #1 regardless of moulds being here or not.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 04:10 PM
It is time for Evans to be a number one guy...........It would be a tremendous help to have a quality number two guy.. You cant be a good number one when everyone in the stadium knows your getting the ball thrown your way and you have double and triple coverage every play... Unless your name is Steve Smith.

Look at most of the great WR in the NFL through the years, the VAST majority of them had tremendous number twos.

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 04:13 PM
It is time for Evans to be a number one guy...........It would be a tremendous help to have a quality number two guy.. You cant be a good number one when everyone in the stadium knows your getting the ball thrown your way and you have double and triple coverage every play... Unless your name is Steve Smith.

Look at most of the great WR in the NFL through the years, the VAST majority of them had tremendous number twos.

Steve Smith
Santana Moss
Eric Moulds
Jerry Rice
Rod Smith
D. jackson
C Chambers
R Moss
T Owens
M Harrison
H ward
A Toomer

I can go on but many don't have an issue knowing the ball is coming their way. Again this is an excuse.

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Lets talk about some facts about evans. Compared to mould coming out of college Evans was: More mature, Better routes, more speed, better work ethic and more speed. I compared the two scouting reports when it was thought we would take him.

Evans is in year 3, time for him to be the #1 guy. ALL WR's have done it and all teams have had fans ***** and whine and bring up every excuse in the world WHY he isn't ready and wont be a #1 WR.

It's time for him to step up and be #1 regardless of moulds being here or not.Better work ethic? You're reaching there Ice. Don't let your love for JP cloud you mind.

I haven't seen Evans overcome double coverage every Sunday yet. Moulds has caught for over 1000 yards inspite of being the focus of every D every Sunday. Evans hasn't gone through that yet.

Mr B
03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Why can't Evans be a number 1 reciever?

MAybe the Bills can trade Moulds for another player. The Bucs traded Meshawn to Dallas for Galloway, and that worked out great for Tampa.

feelthepain
03-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Hmmmmm, I'll take him as a FA, but I wouldn't trade for him. If he's released and comes to Miami this will be a fun place. Another player wanting to be in Miami, what a shock.

!Papacrunk!
03-22-2006, 06:30 PM
We need some more depth at WR, but I don't see us giving up a draft pick and also mucho $$$$, plus as others have said-- Moulds and Mularkey probably aren't best buddies. I'm saying the chances are nil. It'd be great to have that talent, but I don't see it happening.