PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean we're not taking Vince Young?

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 03:16 PM
No bills staff mentioned. Maybe someone forgot to wake up Marv.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

Texas' Pro Day got under way with 31 teams in attendance, including over 150 coaches, general managers and scouts. Among the team personnel in attendance were three key members of the Texans (owner Bob McNair, head coach Gary Kubiak and GM Charley Casserly), Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson, Dolphins head coach Nick Saban and general manager Randy Mueller, Titans general manager Floyd Reese and offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Rams defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, Ravens quarterbacks coach Rick Neuheisel, and Cowboys new quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher will visit Texas tonight and Tennessee will have a private workout with Vince Young Thursday morning.

After the workout is over in the bubble, Vince Young will go into the main meeting room with Texas offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Greg Davis for a Chalkboard Session, where team representatives get the chance to ask Young questions about his on-field decision-making in different situations.

The main event started at 3:15 p.m. ET -- Young throwing. He started off 7 out of 7.

Forward_Lateral
03-22-2006, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't draft Young if Todd Collins was still the Bills' QB.

Pride
03-22-2006, 03:21 PM
This hits me 2 ways.

1. I am glad we arent taking this overrated QB
2. Why were we the ONLY team not to have reps there??

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Here's my take on this (and I dont know anybody wasnt there so I won't speculate)

1- To not even CONSIDER him is absolutely stupid, and just shows we're headed towards the QB carnival.

2- How could you not SHOW that you're interested, even if you're not.
for IE- Detroit picking ninth will KNOW we are not taking him. If we were to even "bluff" and show interest, they may be inclined to trade up.

Again, I dont know that nobody was there, but if that's the case, it's really stupid on the FO part.. Not too mention there are plenty of other UT players we SHOULD be looking at including Johnathan Scott and Michael Huff.

Bulldog
03-22-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Buffalo was represented in some capicity. Lets not jump the gun for once around here.

TedMock
03-22-2006, 03:30 PM
"Among the team personnel in attendance..." I'm sure that we had 1 or 2 people there like everybody else. You have to, at the very least, look into it. I doubt we're interested, but Huff, Rod Wright, etc, are still there. The problem is the the writer probably never heard of any of the names on our staff! :chuckle:

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure Buffalo was represented in some capicity. Lets not jump the gun for once around here.

shutup ! The negative nancys need their daily dose.

Mitchy moo
03-22-2006, 03:49 PM
shutup ! The negative nancys need their daily dose.

tHX, i AM JUST FILLING UP.

Michael82
03-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Hopefully it does, justasportsfan. I don't want that bum here. :ill:

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 03:51 PM
lol.. shaking my head that Vince Young is a bum.

The day after the Rose Bowl had someone said Vince Young will be a Buffalo Bill you guys would have done cartwheels.

LtFinFan66
03-22-2006, 03:52 PM
"Among the team personnel in attendance..." I'm sure that we had 1 or 2 people there like everybody else. You have to, at the very least, look into it. I doubt we're interested, but Huff, Rod Wright, etc, are still there. The problem is the the writer probably never heard of any of the names on our staff! :chuckle:It also said "31 teams" So there was 1 not there. We don't know who!

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 03:54 PM
No bills staff mentioned. Maybe someone forgot to wake up Marv.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

Texas' Pro Day got under way with 31 teams in attendance, including over 150 coaches, general managers and scouts. Among the team personnel in attendance were three key members of the Texans (owner Bob McNair, head coach Gary Kubiak and GM Charley Casserly), Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson, Dolphins head coach Nick Saban and general manager Randy Mueller, Titans general manager Floyd Reese and offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Rams defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, Ravens quarterbacks coach Rick Neuheisel, and Cowboys new quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher will visit Texas tonight and Tennessee will have a private workout with Vince Young Thursday morning.

After the workout is over in the bubble, Vince Young will go into the main meeting room with Texas offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Greg Davis for a Chalkboard Session, where team representatives get the chance to ask Young questions about his on-field decision-making in different situations.

The main event started at 3:15 p.m. ET -- Young throwing. He started off 7 out of 7.

No because Marv is smart enough not to take him.

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't draft Young if Todd Collins was still the Bills' QB.

Damn straight

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 03:55 PM

The day after the Rose Bowl had someone said Vince Young will be a Buffalo Bill you guys would have done cartwheels.

I didn't and wouldn't. Pray marv isnt' stupid that will take a guy 5 years to get up to speed on the NFL game IF he ever gets there and STILL won't be a top QB.

TedMock
03-22-2006, 03:56 PM
It also said "31 teams" So there was 1 not there. We don't know who!

Sure we do. It's the team that has no need for a QB, DT, or DB!

Michael82
03-22-2006, 04:08 PM

Nope, I've never liked Vince Young. The ONLY QB i would want would be Matt Leinart. JP Losman is my choice over all the other ones. I still think he is going to be a damn good quarterback.

I also think it will take Vince Young years to fix his throwing motion and learn the NFL game.

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Nope, I've never liked Vince Young. The ONLY QB i would want would be Matt Leinart. JP Losman is my choice over all the other ones. I still think he is going to be a damn good quarterback.

I also think it will take Vince Young years to fix his throwing motion and learn the NFL game.

If JP is going to be a great QB then he better get about 3-5 years older in his abilities to lead, read a defense etc. Because if he can't he is done here. DJ and marv will sit his ass behind nall.

I agree, JP will get a shot, but there is no room for development or error. Step up or you will be benched/Cut. That is where the Bills are at now, no shot at JP, just reality

acehole
03-22-2006, 04:24 PM
I agree we should NOT draft him......

I also agree we should have been there with a colonoscopy machine to act like we were incase someone right below us is.

Again the poker referece comes to mind.

Would love to trade down to Arizona spot....who I believe is interested in a qb.

Mr. Cynical
03-22-2006, 04:27 PM
2. Why were we the ONLY team not to have reps there??

Must have been an AARP meeting going on at the same time.

:fogey: :fogey:

!Papacrunk!
03-22-2006, 06:11 PM

I believe there was a Matlock marathon going on.

Billsouth
03-22-2006, 07:12 PM
i think u all r reading a little too much into this.

DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER THAT NO ONE FROM THE BILLS WAS PRESENT DURING WILLIS BIG WORKOUT!!!!!!!

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Here is what I saw from NFLN...

Bad Delivery. Low elbow, side arm. Nice touch. Not much strength on any of the 20 yard patterns esp the 20 yard combacks. They showed about 15-20 of the 45 passes and it floats all of his deeper balls.

Doesn't have good footwork, he 'bounces' back instead of fluid stride. I cut him slack here because most Shotgun QB's have that issue at the start of thier pro careers.

he played in a very simple offense in Texas. I have huge concerns after a 6 then a 16 on the wonderlic test. I don't think the kid can digest a 300 page playbook, read defenses etc. I just don't.

As one poster eluded to, it was his running that made him a great threat. 4.52 in the 40 when LB's are running low 4.4's isn't going to allow him the same escapeablility as he had at Texas. (Note: Vick ran a 4.29 I believe coming out.)

I just dont' see this guy being anything more than a taller, bigger Aaron Brooks. Not worth a high first round pick.

HAMMER
03-22-2006, 07:24 PM

How many times can this "joke" be used, it is old, move on.

Bill Cody
03-22-2006, 07:49 PM
I think we should draft Vince Young. He can groom behind JP until JP is officially declared a bust.

Mitchy moo
03-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Wake up marv!!

Mr. Cynical
03-23-2006, 07:36 PM
...it is old, move on.

Don't say that around Ralph or Marv. They might try to gum you.