PDA

View Full Version : Really Good Mock Draft..

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 05:10 PM
This is an excellent mock by a respected writer for nfldraftscout.com by the name of Rob Rang. I talk to him frequently and unlike the majority of the mock draft experts out there that rely on hear-say (myself included), he's out at the combines and pro days.

This is what he's got going on right now.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5429730

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 05:13 PM
This is an excellent mock by a respected writer for nfldraftscout.com by the name of Rob Rang. I talk to him frequently and unlike the majority of the mock draft experts out there that rely on hear-say (myself included), he's out at the combines and pro days.

This is what he's got going on right now.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5429730

I think he is correct if things stay as they are now. I would hope that Moulds agent can talk Denver into taking Moulds and our 1st next year for one of denvers firsts this year and some other picks

LtFinFan66
03-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Fins taking a CB. Could happen. I can't say I have heard of the guy they have us taking though

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
I think he is correct if things stay as they are now. I would hope that Moulds agent can talk Denver into taking Moulds and our 1st next year for one of denvers firsts this year and some other picks

IMO
If Marv trades away his 2007 first round pick for a pick outside the top ten in this draft, It will prove that he can barely whipe his A$$ let alone run a football team competently.

We'll be lucky with the route we're taking if we're not one of the bottom three teams in the NFL this season. It would be insane to trade next year's top pick... UNLESS it was to move up to get Brick, because there aint gonna be no Brick's at LT in next year's draft.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
anyone notice that he has Hali falling out the first round, and Kiwi isn't in the first round either.. things change..

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 05:39 PM
IMO
If Marv trades away his 2007 first round pick for a pick outside the top ten in this draft, It will prove that he can barely whipe his A$$ let alone run a football team competently.

We'll be lucky with the route we're taking if we're not one of the bottom three teams in the NFL this season. It would be insane to trade next year's top pick... UNLESS it was to move up to get Brick, because there aint gonna be no Brick's at LT in next year's draft.

Top 3? Not even close. The schedule isn't that bad and the coaching is light years ahead of MM and his clown crew without even coaching a game! The S&C coach is much better than 'Jelly' Roll.

You are greatly underestimating having set systems, Picking players for those systems and coaches who know how to coach those systems.

This team is going to do ok next year. Great? No. Ok? Yes.

Yasgur's Farm
03-22-2006, 05:58 PM
As it stands right now... I still think we take CB Jimmy Williams at 8 to start at SS in 2006.

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Top 3? Not even close. The schedule isn't that bad and the coaching is light years ahead of MM and his clown crew without even coaching a game! The S&C coach is much better than 'Jelly' Roll.

You are greatly underestimating having set systems, Picking players for those systems and coaches who know how to coach those systems.

This team is going to do ok next year. Great? No. Ok? Yes.

LOL yes the coaching is indeed going to be better.. I actually HATE our head coach and love our assistants for once.. BOTH coordinators are future head coaches in this league.

But you are underestimating the value of having talent to win and the route we're going it's going to take at least two , maybe three years to assemble a winning system.

I think Buffalo would be fortunate to top the five wins they had last year, in their first year.. Which if people are buying into the grand scheme of marv's rebuilding plan, shouldn't be all that bad or unexpected.

Al13
03-22-2006, 07:07 PM
jonathan joseph, before tye hill, cromartie, jason allen....no f***** way. remember wannstedt is gone....

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 07:09 PM
I say we win 7 just with a good draft. 8-8 is a very good possibility. Considering all things, 8-8 would be a good record. Something to show improvment to the upcoming FA's.

Lone Stranger
03-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Patmoran? Where is your avatar? By the way, I agree that your assessment of this guy's draft is prudent and thoughtful.

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 07:20 PM
As it stands right now... I still think we take CB Jimmy Williams at 8 to start at SS in 2006.

We have our starters at Safety.

realdealryan
03-22-2006, 10:40 PM
I saw this mock draft a couple of hours ago and I think it's pretty good. Will Marv stick to OUR gameplan and pick a lineman of some sort? We'll talk about that in five weeks...

Kerr
03-22-2006, 11:02 PM
That's a pretty realistic mock draft of how things could go down.

Jersey1031
03-22-2006, 11:15 PM
If thats what happens and Tamba Hali falls out of the 1st round, we better get him in the 2nd...

patmoran2006
03-22-2006, 11:38 PM
We have our starters at Safety.
I wouldnt be so sure about that.

TigerJ
03-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Hali had a horrible combine and pro day. Turns out he's pretty weak and slow. Pro talent evaluators no doubt fear that good pro OTs will be able to man handle him.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Ive heard a lot of really bad things about Kiwi too lately.

Night Train
03-23-2006, 02:34 AM
What if Bunkley is this years edition of Eric Flowers ?

Ourlads scouting calls him a 2nd-3rd round talent who is being overhyped, due to his Indy combine.

SpanishBill
03-23-2006, 03:43 AM
I've noticed that the mock says that KC's pick (#20) is from the Bills. That's a mistake, right? :question:

mysticsoto
03-23-2006, 07:59 AM
If thats what happens and Tamba Hali falls out of the 1st round, we better get him in the 2nd...

Absolutely not!!! We have to get a top Guard with our 2nd rd pick. The best thing to do now is address our DT position in the 1st rd, and our OG position in the 2nd!!!