PDA

View Full Version : The Miami Experiment

RedEyE
03-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Anyone else see the similarities in what Miami is doing this year and what TD did with Buffalo a few years ago?

A trade for an older Qb that's nursing a recent injury .

FAs blowing through the door with pens in hand.

Cleared the cap by eliminating a few high dollar contracts.

Young coaching staff that posses a ton of good possibilty.

All sounds very familiar to me. Let's see if they can get their recipe right.

feelthepain
03-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Anyone else see the similarities in what Miami is doing this year and what TD did with Buffalo a few years ago?

So what happend to the Bills?? Coaching???Talent??GM??? All of the above??

RedEyE
03-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for making my point clear. :bf1:

feelthepain
03-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks for making my point clear.

We aren't the Bill's:bf1:

justasportsfan

All sounds very familiar to me. Let's see if they can get their recipe right.let me play devils advocate....

They do have the coach that can make it work :puke:

ICE74129
So what happend to the Bills?? Coaching???Talent??GM??? All of the above??

You guys remind me exactly of us about 4 years ago and Washington after Snider took over and tried to BUY a superbowl. Now I hear the LB from the Niners will possibly come down there? A ton of money spent but in the WRONG positions.

RedEyE
03-22-2006, 07:20 PM
let me play devils advocate....

And Gregg Williams technically has what it takes too. :idunno:

RedEyE
03-22-2006, 07:36 PM
We aren't the Bill's:bf1:

That was hard for you, wasn't it.

feelthepain
03-22-2006, 07:54 PM
You guys remind me exactly of us about 4 years ago and Washington after Snider took over and tried to BUY a superbowl. Now I hear the LB from the Niners will possibly come down there? A ton of money spent but in the WRONG positions.

Really can't stand tht the fins are moving up in the division can you?? We are nothing even close to the Bills. Greg Williams is a OC not HC, Saban is a HC/GM. Saban's specialty is coaching DB's most the pickups this year in the secondary will be coached up by Saban and we will have a much younger faster better secondary this year without paying for one. We now have a real franchise QB that can run and throw. Saban will add a few more pieces before the start of the season and we still have the draft. The Fins got lucky landing Saban and we have as good a chance to be in the SB in the next 3 years as we have had since Marino's first and only SB. You think you hated the Fins before...you're gonna really hate this team for the next few years.

Gunzlingr
03-22-2006, 07:55 PM
We shall see in a few months , won't we.

feelthepain
03-22-2006, 07:56 PM
And Gregg Williams technically has what it takes too. :idunno:

Uhhh, No!!

justasportsfan
03-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Really can't stand tht the fins are moving up in the division can you?? We are nothing even close to the Bills. Greg Williams is a OC not HC, Saban is a HC/GM. Saban's specialty is coaching DB's most the pickups this year in the secondary will be coached up by Saban and we will have a much younger faster better secondary this year without paying for one. We now have a real franchise QB that can run and throw. Saban will add a few more pieces before the start of the season and we still have the draft. The Fins got lucky landing Saban and we have as good a chance to be in the SB in the next 3 years as we have had since Marino's first and only SB. You think you hated the Fins before...you're gonna really hate this team for the next few years.Balh,blah blah. Who's gonna believe the opinion of someone who thinks Culp would've won 3 sb's if he was the qb of the pats the last 4 years? Not even your fellow finfans agreed with you. Especially when you say Lucas would've done well too.

ICE74129
03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Really can't stand tht the fins are moving up in the division can you?? We are nothing even close to the Bills. Greg Williams is a OC not HC, Saban is a HC/GM. Saban's specialty is coaching DB's most the pickups this year in the secondary will be coached up by Saban and we will have a much younger faster better secondary this year without paying for one. We now have a real franchise QB that can run and throw. Saban will add a few more pieces before the start of the season and we still have the draft. The Fins got lucky landing Saban and we have as good a chance to be in the SB in the next 3 years as we have had since Marino's first and only SB. You think you hated the Fins before...you're gonna really hate this team for the next few years.

You are ignoring one huge fact....you hired Mike Mularkey. It has been proven he was NOT the genius in Pittsburgh not only by his stupidity here, but the fact the REAL Genius OC'ed the Steelers to a superbowl win.

MM WILL be the downfall of your team this year. And I can't wait to hear you ***** about it

!Papacrunk!
03-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Wait, what FAs have been blowing down the door w/ pen in hand? We've made some FA acquisitions, but other than the Culpepper pick up, a lot of them have been pretty mild. Just plain need and depth, nothing too fancy. Also, where's this ton of money being spent? There are some players that received a decent contract, but nothing astronomical. We're just pluggin away, don't mind us. I respect the Bills, it'd be a pretty hollow win if it was a team I completely torn down and belittled, wouldn't it? Where's the value in that win?

DynaPaul
03-22-2006, 08:46 PM

And they have bozo Mularkey... it's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

feelthepain
03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
You are ignoring one huge fact....you hired Mike Mularkey. It has been proven he was NOT the genius in Pittsburgh not only by his stupidity here, but the fact the REAL Genius OC'ed the Steelers to a superbowl win.

MM WILL be the downfall of your team this year. And I can't wait to hear you ***** about it

...who's the Dolphins HC???? that's right, Saban.

feelthepain
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
And they have bozo Mularkey... it's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Again we aren't the Bill's and MM isn't our HC. What don't you people get about this FACT!?!?!?!

feelthepain
03-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Balh,blah blah. Who's gonna believe the opinion of someone who thinks Culp would've won 3 sb's if he was the qb of the pats the last 4 years? Not even your fellow finfans agreed with you. Especially when you say Lucas would've done well too.

Hopefully,not you.

dplus47
03-23-2006, 12:36 AM
I respect the Bills, it'd be a pretty hollow win if it was a team I completely torn down and belittled, wouldn't it? Where's the value in that win?

i agree with your entire post. i'm not sure what huge FA's the phins have signed. they're making moves, but they're not the kind of moves that reek of trying to buy a championship.

the part i quoted is my favorite part of your post, though. it devalues victory to claim your opponent is not worthy of respect. that's one aspect of NFL fandom i don't understand: the need to constantly tear down the opposition. i'd rather defeat a strong opponent, and i'd rather have the AFC east return to what it once was: the strongest division in football.

dplus47
03-23-2006, 12:40 AM
let me play devils advocate....

i know that must have been painful. while i'm not quite a member of those circles where everything that happens is a part of nick's master plan, i do believe he does as good a job preparing for every possible situation as anybody. the most impressive thing to me about saban is simple: he has never had a losing record as a head coach. i thought for sure this year would snap that streak. he gets his guys ready to play.

gr8slayer
03-23-2006, 01:43 AM
...who's the Dolphins HC???? that's right, Saban.
What has Saban done so far as an HC???? That's right, NOTHING.

dplus47
03-23-2006, 03:34 AM
What has Saban done so far as an HC???? That's right, NOTHING.

he has made phins press conferences a lot more entertaining than when wannstedt was around.