X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

One thing that concerns me..

so let's say we go into the season with Moulds gone..and JP as the starter. How much of a passing offense are we going to have with only 1 proven starting caliber WR? We had one game without Moulds last year and our passing offense was a joke to say the least. I already know some people will place the blame on JP's feet..no matter what...but what about the majority of people? And, more importantly, what about the coaches? Are the coaches going to accept that it'll be hard for any QB to put up big numbers without 2 starting WRs or are they going to use it as an excuse to bench him?
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: One thing that concerns me..

Originally posted by The_Philster
    so let's say we go into the season with Moulds gone..and JP as the starter. How much of a passing offense are we going to have with only 1 proven starting caliber WR? We had one game without Moulds last year and our passing offense was a joke to say the least. I already know some people will place the blame on JP's feet..no matter what...but what about the majority of people? And, more importantly, what about the coaches? Are the coaches going to accept that it'll be hard for any QB to put up big numbers without 2 starting WRs or are they going to use it as an excuse to bench him?
    Ok in all fairness we can't use the NE game period. Moulds, no moulds, JP gets crushed anyway.

Fans forget Bill B makes Payton manning look like Ryan Leaf a lot of the time. He does that to ALL QB's at least for awhile. Hell he has done it to pretty much every QB in the league so we can't be too harsh on JP.

Evans will be fine as the #1. I feel Davis shocks everyone at camp as the #2. Reed will step up this year as the #3 in a battle with Parrish. Sam A will be good depth.

I think in this system we are going to be fine with the guys we have. I am glad we have 5 preseason games this year. PERFECT time to have them.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
      I am glad we have 5 preseason games this year. PERFECT time to have them.
      where did you hear this?
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

Thats why id really like to see us pick up Vernon Davis. San Diego only had 1 decent reciever, but with a diesel TE and a good running attack, their offensive was very productive. I know we have bigger concerns, but damn he would be hard to pass on.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

Bills | Levy says Nall will compete for starting QB job Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:07:25 -0800 Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, reports Buffalo Bills general manager Marv Levy said that Bills QB Craig Nall will compete with QBs Kelly Holcomb and J.P. Losman for the team's starting quarterback position. "It

That about sums it up...

Plus, this team doesn't even have a TE. The passing game is more doomed than most realize.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

where did you hear this?
            Someone posted a link to it somewhere. We have 2 home 3 away including opening in Japan.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...7&postcount=10

That about sums it up...

Plus, this team doesn't even have a TE. The passing game is more doomed than most realize.
              proven TE, you mean..Everett could be something special....provided he comes back fully ...Euhus was supposed to be pretty solid...but hasn't been more than average..Neufeld's been average...don't know what to think about Royal

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

You're assuming JP is going to perform well enough to win the starting job to begin with if you've already got him being benched for poor results from the passing game sans Moulds.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Nalls is any kind of a scrambler, but rather is more of a drop-back, pocket passer-type. Nalls is the only QB on the roster hand-picked by Marv...doesn't that give anybody an idea of what Marv may think about crazy-leg QB's??
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                  • May 2003

You mean to tell me that there is only one thing that concerns you? Our receiving corp is actually the least of my concerns at this point.

I don't mean to sound like Pat Moran but damn...

J/K Pat

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                    You mean to tell me that there is only one thing that concerns you? Our receiving corp is actually the least of my concerns at this point.

I don't mean to sound like Pat Moran but damn...

J/K Pat
                    more than that concerns me but the WR corps is rarely addressed...the loss of Moulds will be felt immensely, IMO

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                      You're assuming JP is going to perform well enough to win the starting job to begin with if you've already got him being benched for poor results from the passing game sans Moulds.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Nalls is any kind of a scrambler, but rather is more of a drop-back, pocket passer-type. Nalls is the only QB on the roster hand-picked by Marv...doesn't that give anybody an idea of what Marv may think about crazy-leg QB's??
                      Ah and Mr Rat brings up a very interesting point. But alas Modrak picked a mobile QB in McNabb. But even mcnabb didn't become good until he realised how to just move in the pocket and fire the football.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

more than that concerns me but the WR corps is rarely addressed...the loss of Moulds will be felt immensely, IMO
                        And I my friend think we will be fine. But I don't doubt some move is made after the draft for more veteran depth.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          Evans will be fine as the #1. I feel Davis shocks everyone at camp as the #2. Reed will step up this year as the #3 in a battle with Parrish. Sam A will be good depth.
                          you're starting to sound like FTP. Don't look at things through rose colored glasses.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            you're starting to sound like FTP. Don't look at things through rose colored glasses.
                            Not at all. Evans is ready to step up. Year 3 he is a big boy now, time to be #1. If not for injuries Davis would most likely be a #1 or high #2 somewhere else.

WR's are going to be fine.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Oh no he didn't...

Comment

Working...
                              X