PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are the same ole Bills

X-Era
03-23-2006, 06:49 AM
Its still a long offseason but this team is remarkably similar to the teams from the past few years. Or should I say, the plan of the previous regime in the offseason.

TD and Co. was noted for bringing in second tier guys, and then banking on players who could start falling to them in the draft in the first 3 rounds.

All teams build through the draft, but the Bills under TD seemed to target this method or rely heavily on it to fill starting needs even as deep as round 3. That is just too much of a crap shoot.

In the lottery you only have 5 numbers and there is a ton of possibilities, but the Bills plod along thinking this guy or that guy will still be there at their pick in the 3rd round? Thats just insane.

Why do I say this? well, its a logical conclusion to why we wouldnt make a bigger splash in FA with as much cap cash as we have. Outside of Tripplett, I think I have been hearing everything ranging from dead silence to a full bore boo for our moves so far. On a team thats 29th in O and 29th in D, and just cut several key players, that doesnt bode well at all.

So whats the fix? well many would say its the draft AND FA. I, for one, would have said we should sign a few key big name FA's and fill through the draft. Rather we are signing no or one big name FA's and relying heavily on the draft to fill the rest. With a 50/50 chance of success at best from each of those players, we will need a TON of luck to be good next year.

Isnt this the same team that went wide right? music city miracle? Well its gonna take a miracle to have a big turn around next year. I hope Im wrong, but it sure doesnt look like it.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 06:52 AM
And the whiners and *****ers are the same ole whiners and *****ers.

X-Era
03-23-2006, 07:00 AM
And the whiners and *****ers are the same ole whiners and *****ers.

BS. I have been a big positive guy and still am. But the mantra we are watching unfold seems to be the same one as before. Yes, Im critical of that.

I hope it all works out.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 07:02 AM
BS. I have been a big positive guy and still am. But the mantra we are watching unfold seems to be the same one as before. Yes, Im critical of that.

I hope it all works out.

Same old huh? Where is that knee jerk, Fan appeasing big name signing each season under Tom Donahoe? No this is being done the right way.

X-Era
03-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Same old huh? Where is that knee jerk, Fan appeasing big name signing each season under Tom Donahoe? No this is being done the right way.

Whatever, how can anyone say the right way is to NOT sign and big name FA's when your 29th in O and 29th in D?

I kept telling a friend of mine that he was going to hell whne he would tell his war stories about womenizing and drinking.

His response, "im not going to hell in a handbag, Im going in a dragster".

A team that wont sign Big FA's may just fall into that category.

Bulldog
03-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Whatever, how can anyone say the right way is to NOT sign and big name FA's when your 29th in O and 29th in D?

I kept telling a friend of mine that he was going to hell whne he would tell his war stories about womenizing and drinking.

I don't think that the approach with regards to FA could be any more different between the two regimes. TD liked to sign big name players and make a splash early in free agency. All that got us was losing season after losing season. Marv has been more restrained for the lack of a better word. Targeting young players that represent good value with the potential to become great. It remains to be seen how this approach will work, but one thing we do know is that the approach TD was taking clearly wasn't.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 07:53 AM

Yeah TD had that approach...31-49 was the result. Marv and Co are doing it the right way

BillsFever21
03-23-2006, 09:01 AM
I don't think that the approach with regards to FA could be any more different between the two regimes. TD liked to sign big name players and make a splash early in free agency. All that got us was losing season after losing season. Marv has been more restrained for the lack of a better word. Targeting young players that represent good value with the potential to become great. It remains to be seen how this approach will work, but one thing we do know is that the approach TD was taking clearly wasn't.

Potential to be great? Robert Royal and Matt Bowen? We're so much smarter then everyone else 31 other teams don't have the same opinion.

These are nothing but scrubs on the cheap and nothing more. OBD did a good sell job to make some fans think differently.

These guys were low round draft picks and never showed any signs of anything on their old teams but they all of a sudden have the potential to be great? If they did their old teams would've noticed it and did whatever possible to try and bring them back. Either that or some of the 31 other teams would've caught on to these guys and went after them.

Our new FO is just so much smarter then everyone else though. They can see stuff in these scrubs that never did anything that nobody else can see.