Is this team serious or is Marv covering his ass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Is this team serious or is Marv covering his ass?

Now that we lost both Wells and Indoje (sp?- you know who I mean), I have to wonder if Marv is serious or if he's just playing a giant game of CYA. If he was serious, he should have made better offers to these guys. Now, if one or both lines continue to suck, he has an out line by saying "I attempted to bring guys in- it's not my fault if their old team matched the contract".

Why aren't we pursuing UFA's instead of RFA's, or making RFA's better offers? Why aren't we trying to trade Moulds (instead of lowering his value by making it fairly obvious that he will be released)?

Tripplett and Fowler are a good start, but I'm starting to wonder if Marv senses the urgency on the OL and the DL. When I think of last year's lines, words like "catastrophic" and "humiliating" come to mind, and so far they've only been mildly improved.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Is this team serious or is Marv covering his ass?

They haven't even mildly improved. They have gotten worse up to this point.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Better offers? Some of these guys are not even that much better than what we already have so why offer them so much more?

If Marv thinks Dick is all that, he will trust Dick to be able to put his players in a position to win. That's what BB did when he started rookies in the sb.

I am not saying Dick is at level with BB but Marv must think so if he hired the guy to play chess with BB and Saban.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Well I'm not sure I'd go that far. Fowler is better than Teague and losing Mike Williams is addition by subtraction. He was dead weight.

On the defensive side, at this point in their careers Triplett is as good as Adams and doesn't have the attitude problem. We lost Bannan but that's nothing to cry about.

I see steps in the right direction, but they're baby steps when what we really need is a giant leap for mankind.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          when what we really need is a giant leap for mankind.
          I'm surprised you're not a Redskins fan.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Better offers? Some of these guys are not even that much better than what we already have so why offer them so much more?
            Well if that's true, then we need to be looking elsewhere for more talent- it was clear that we lacked it this past season. If these guys are no better, why waste the time?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

So far, I just don't know what to think of this offseason.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Well I'm not sure I'd go that far. Fowler is better than Teague and losing Mike Williams is addition by subtraction. He was dead weight.

On the defensive side, at this point in their careers Triplett is as good as Adams and doesn't have the attitude problem. We lost Bannan but that's nothing to cry about.

I see steps in the right direction, but they're baby steps when what we really need is a giant leap for mankind.
                Bannan isn't anything to cry about? Had we signed him this year from another team he would be considered one of them up and coming stars ready to burst onto the scene and take the NFL by storm.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  I'm surprised you're not a Redskins fan.
                  well I think Dan Snyder has already proven that you can't buy a SB. But at least the Skins try to improve in areas where they're lacking every off-season. TD let FA's go and replaced them with no one, and now Marv is pursuing RFA's that you say are no better than what we have. That doesn't exactly sound like a winning strategy either.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Bash Dan Snyder all you want.. At least he will ATTEMPT to put the best team on the field each and every season..

He will spend money to hire real coaches like JOe Gibbs and open his wallet for the best assistants in the league.. He will go out and pay, even overpay for some of the best names out there.

The results havent been there, though they did make the playoffs last year, something I havent seen here in quite a while...

If nothing else Snyder at least gives Redskins fans something to be excited about every year. Anyone who can say with honesty they are excited about this Buffalo Bills team is fooling themselves.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                      Bannan isn't anything to cry about? Had we signed him this year from another team he would be considered one of them up and coming stars ready to burst onto the scene and take the NFL by storm.
                      We've signed six Justin Bannon's already this offseason... Bannon is the same thing as the rest of our additions; backup who's started due to injury (Fowler) who hasnt "tapped into his potential" yet.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Well if that's true, then we need to be looking elsewhere for more talent- it was clear that we lacked it this past season. If these guys are no better, why waste the time?
                        There is this thing called the draft. Most good teams seem to rely on it. My guess is the Bills are going to try and imitate those good teams and build through the draft.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Did you ever stop to think that our players were never put in a situation to win by TD and his coaches? The Patriots won all those sb with young players while getting rid of players like Milloy.

We've gone the route of hiring big named players under TD. How did that pan out? Didn't you want change? Now that we're not going after big named FA which is a change in philosophy you guys are whining again?
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            Bash Dan Snyder all you want.. At least he will ATTEMPT to put the best team on the field each and every season..

He will spend money to hire real coaches like JOe Gibbs and open his wallet for the best assistants in the league.. He will go out and pay, even overpay for some of the best names out there.

The results havent been there, though they did make the playoffs last year, something I havent seen here in quite a while...

If nothing else Snyder at least gives Redskins fans something to be excited about every year. Anyone who can say with honesty they are excited about this Buffalo Bills team is fooling themselves.

I'd rather go with what's proven. Go the Poilan way. Get young playes, let them build chemistry . Snyders way is getting expensive players who have in this league long enough to think that their way on the field is better. Too many Chef's.

Team like Pats, Pitts and Colts are teams that make you look like your not doing anything but whining PAt.

You're losing your credibility. Although you write good articles, people will really see you for what you are based on your posts. A whiner.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                              There is this thing called the draft. Most good teams seem to rely on it. My guess is the Bills are going to try and imitate those good teams and build through the draft.
                              Gimme BB, cowher or shannahan and I'll build a roster with NOTHING but draft picks..

Until then, you BETTER be more talented than those teams you compare us two, because Jauron sure as hell isnt going to out coach them.

Comment

Working...
                              X