• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Trade Holcomb To Cinci

Carson Palmer looks like he won't be nearly ready for the season opener. Cinci currently had Craig Krenzel and Doug Johnson behind him ( ugh ! ) after losing Kitna .

They look to be in serious need of a proven vet to carry the load, in case Palmer is very late in returning this coming season. ( which seems likely )

Since I believe J.P. and Nall should fight it out here, just try and get a pick for Holcomb and his weak arm. As LOG mentioned, his departure is long overdue.

In a draft which is deep in OL talent, having extra picks is a good idea.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Trade Holcomb To Cinci

dont think the bills will trade holcomb or cut him before seeing in camp what they got in nall.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
      They look to be in serious need of a proven vet to carry the load, in case Palmer is very late in returning this coming season. ( which seems likely )

Since I believe J.P. and Nall should fight it out here, just try and get a pick for Holcomb and his weak arm. As LOG mentioned, his departure is long overdue.
      Yeah great idea, then who is Buffalo going to have for proven vet?

JP with his 8 games of NFL experience?

People have to face it that Holcomb will be here all year. If any one is going anywhere it will be JP, and that's highly doubtful too.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I can agree with that.. HOlcomb isnt the long term answer , but you have to have at least one vet on the team. Plus, its not like cutting him is going to save us any real money..

and even if we did, its not like we'd do anything with it anyway.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Night Train
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
          Yeah great idea, then who is Buffalo going to have for proven vet?

JP with his 8 games of NFL experience?

People have to face it that Holcomb will be here all year. If any one is going anywhere it will be JP, and that's highly doubtful too.
          Proven that he plays like *****t. But he's proven !

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

If it's proven Holcomb plays like *****t I wonder how Losman plays.

When JP Losman started games (including KC):

-* The Bills lead the Time of Possesion in only 3 of 9 contests

-* The Bills averaged only 13 first downs per game (2nd last in the league)

-* The Bills averaged 12.3 points per game (hovering around last..)

With Holcomb thr *****t vet...

-*The Bills lead the Time of Possesion in 5 of 7 games

-* The Bills averaged 20 first downs per game (8th in the NFL)

-* The Bills avereaged 22.8 points per game (top 10 in the NFL)

3rd in Completion %

15th in QB Rating

Comment

• Night Train
              • Jul 2005

5 wins 11 losses is the only stat I care about. I'm tired of watching Holcomb throw the 3 yard sideline out on 3rd and 9.

He's a backup for a very good reason. Painfully limited ability.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

5 wins 11 losses is the only stat I care about. I'm tired of watching Holcomb throw the 3 yard sideline out on 3rd and 9.

Then you should care that Buffalo won 4 of those games when Holcomb started and 1 of those game when JP started (against the worst team in the NFL).

Comment

• Buckets
                  • Jun 2003

Hopefully the guys responsible for those 3 yrd sidline passes are gone.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                    • Oct 2002

I would trade him in a heart beat if they could get anything of value for him.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Carson Palmer looks like he won't be nearly ready for the season opener. Cinci currently had Craig Krenzel and Doug Johnson behind him ( ugh ! ) after losing Kitna .

In a draft which is deep in OL talent, having extra picks is a good idea.
                      I'd do that for a box of tape. Just get his arse outta here!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

All these people who want trade to Holcomb are far off base. I dislike Holcomb probably MORE than any of you on this board, and I can prove it. lol
                        However, fact of the matter is you do need a Veteran QB on the roster when the other QBs have combined for 8 starts. So if we traded Holcomb away then we'd have to go into Free Agency and bring in someone like Jeff Blake who wouldn't mind riding the pines. Or bring in a Kerry Collins, who for many reasons would be a horrible signing. That's why unfortunately Holcomb isn't going anywhere anytime soon. By the way, I'd hugely advocate trading Holcomb and bringing Blake in as a backup.

Comment

Working...
                        X