PDA

View Full Version : Just throwin this out there...

Pride
03-23-2006, 09:36 AM
We've all been talking about Marv not doing this.. or doing that...

If, and this is a big if, Modrak is in charge of FA thus far this offseason.. then we have to immediately think that Modrak and TD did NOT see eye to eye. This offseason has been completely different then any of the last 3 offseasons.

So if this is the case... it brings up other questions:

1. If Modrak and TD didn't see eye to eye... it seems that TD won on all accounts, so why was Modrak even here?
2. If Modrak is heading this offseason up... why doesn't he get involved with the media?

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 09:40 AM
I dont think its marv or modrak... It's ralph-o-nomics going on at OBD right now...

Memo to the front office, you can spend money on free agents AND draft well.. There's no law that says you cant do both.

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 09:40 AM
We've all been talking about Marv not doing this.. or doing that...

If, and this is a big if, Modrak is in charge of FA thus far this offseason.. then we have to immediately think that Modrak and TD did NOT see eye to eye. This offseason has been completely different then any of the last 3 offseasons.

So if this is the case... it brings up other questions:

1. If Modrak and TD didn't see eye to eye... it seems that TD won on all accounts, so why was Modrak even here?
2. If Modrak is heading this offseason up... why doesn't he get involved with the media?

1. I think Modrak was nothing but a consultant with a different title. He was not even in buffalo during TD's tenure. They talk over the phone. :coocoo:

2. it's not his place to get involved with the media. That's MArv's job. You also don't want you scout giving the media any info about what we are going to do with the draft.

Dicknoze69
03-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Well TD was Modrak's supervisor, so if TD wanted to make a move that Modrak didn't like, TD made it. TD probably thought that it's great to have as many opinions as possible.

I think you'd have to assume that TD and Modrak to not see eye-to-eye for Modrak to still be here.

And some people just don't like the media...ala Alex Gibbs, O-line from Denver & Atlanta.

I think it's a combination of everyone in the Bills organization, but with Marv having final say. But I think he listens to his coaches and scouts, and does what they want, unless he feels differently.

ArcticWildMan
03-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Modrak isn't spoken of highly around the league as being press friendly. It's Marv's job to be the voice of the franchise.

I always thought it curious that Modrak was retained when TD was let go. It sure appears that Modrak was not in agreement with TD's moves and now he is finally calling the shots.

Meathead
03-23-2006, 09:45 AM
so why was Modrak even here?
identical hair?

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 09:48 AM
identical hair?
Body double in case someone decides to shoot TD, Modrak gets it first?

Dicknoze69
03-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Modrak isn't spoken of highly around the league as being press friendly. It's Marv's job to be the voice of the franchise.

I always thought it curious that Modrak was retained when TD was let go. It sure appears that Modrak was not in agreement with TD's moves and now he is finally calling the shots.

I agree. They wouldn't have retained Modrak unless there was a problem between the two.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Modrak should have been the GM period after TD got fired. a 80-year old rookie who has never been in the front office in the NFL has no business running a football team, even if its Marv Levy

ArcticWildMan
03-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Relax Pat. Levy is just a face for the fans and media. Modrak is the guy calling the shots behind the scenes.

Like was said in another thread, this is looking more and more like the job he did in Philly. It's going to take 2 years for it to be complete.

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2006, 09:54 AM
I dont think its marv or modrak... It's ralph-o-nomics going on at OBD right now...

Memo to the front office, you can spend money on free agents AND draft well.. There's no law that says you cant do both.

How many times do I have to list the players Ralph has spent money on before you give this idiotic and often proven false 'ralph-o-nomics' BS?