PDA

View Full Version : Vanderjagt a Cowboy

Gunzlingr
03-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Per WGR550's internet feed.....

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 09:44 AM
cant wait to see him blow a FG and see drew and to's reaction.

Mr. Pink
03-23-2006, 09:51 AM
cant wait to see him blow a FG and see drew and to's reaction.

Funny how the only thing people remember about Vanderjagt now is his missed kick in the playoffs last year. Truth of the matter is this, Mr. Vanderjagt is the MOST accurate kicker in the history of the NFL. Converting 87% of his field goals, if memory serves me right. Also, he holds the record for the most consecutive field goals made with 42 spanning from the 2002 season to the 2004 season.

Gee, I'd hate to have this guy on my team.

Mski
03-23-2006, 09:53 AM
besides the fact that he missed one fieldgoal and as thomas says is probably one of the best kickers ever, his drunken shenanagins are always fun to read about and an added bonus

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Gunz this thread should be closed. It actually is about relevant football info and has no *****ing or whining. Please move this to a football forum....

footballhottie
03-23-2006, 09:54 AM
his wife better watch out for stenson sluts

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 09:55 AM
LOL

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Funny how the only thing people remember about Vanderjagt now is his missed kick in the playoffs last year. Truth of the matter is this, Mr. Vanderjagt is the MOST accurate kicker in the history of the NFL. Converting 87% of his field goals, if memory serves me right. Also, he holds the record for the most consecutive field goals made with 42 spanning from the 2002 season to the 2004 season.

Gee, I'd hate to have this guy on my team.

I dont care if he made 70 straight FG's in the regular season.. YOu dont miss a FG in the final seconds of a home dome playoff game by literally 40 yards..

He's a CHOKE, I'd seriously rather have Lindell.

Gunzlingr
03-23-2006, 10:02 AM

It is Stetson :shakeno:

Mr. Pink
03-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I dont care if he made 70 straight FG's in the regular season.. YOu dont miss a FG in the final seconds of a home dome playoff game by literally 40 yards..

I will admit that he seriously gave new definition to "wide right"
:lol:

Gunzlingr
03-23-2006, 10:03 AM

That's like blaming Norwood for his miss in the SB. It was a 46 yard fieldgoal. :shakeno:

EDS
03-23-2006, 10:05 AM

Wow. I just wanted to quote this for posterity.

Mski
03-23-2006, 11:06 AM
That's like blaming Norwood for his miss in the SB. It was a 46 yard fieldgoal. :shakeno:
i dont blame norwood i blame kelly and his selfishness, in all seriousness the giants couldnt stop thomas if they had 15 guyus on the field yet kelly was more worried about making his stats look great and being the hero that he stopped giving thurman the ball and norwood had to make a 46 yarder on the grass into the wind, something he's never done well

Billsrock4life
03-23-2006, 08:12 PM
i dont blame norwood i blame kelly and his selfishness, in all seriousness the giants couldnt stop thomas if they had 15 guyus on the field yet kelly was more worried about making his stats look great and being the hero that he stopped giving thurman the ball and norwood had to make a 46 yarder on the grass into the wind, something he's never done well

i disagree with that kelly wasn't trying 2 be a hero and thats not the attitude he takes towards football in fact hes the complete opposite ik this for a fact cuz ik kno kelly well and i have listened 2 sum of his speeches he gives at his camp. The fact of the matter is you cant blame anyone in that situation except the bills organization not 1 individual player.

Mr. Pink
03-24-2006, 02:48 PM
i disagree with that kelly wasn't trying 2 be a hero and thats not the attitude he takes towards football in fact hes the complete opposite ik this for a fact cuz ik kno kelly well and i have listened 2 sum of his speeches he gives at his camp. The fact of the matter is you cant blame anyone in that situation except the bills organization not 1 individual player.

How can you disagree with this? I know it's done and over with years ago but come on....Who called the plays in the huddle? How many 1-2-3 pass plays then punt series were there? Who in fact gashed the Giants defense on the ground and shoulda got more carries? Fact of the matter is, with proper playcalling then the game would have never came down to Norwood and a 47 yard kick.

Mski
03-24-2006, 04:47 PM
How can you disagree with this? I know it's done and over with years ago but come on....Who called the plays in the huddle? How many 1-2-3 pass plays then punt series were there? Who in fact gashed the Giants defense on the ground and shoulda got more carries? Fact of the matter is, with proper playcalling then the game would have never came down to Norwood and a 47 yard kick.

thanks for stealing my thunder!

Bill Cody
03-24-2006, 05:08 PM
besides the fact that he missed one fieldgoal and as thomas says is probably one of the best kickers ever, his drunken shenanagins are always fun to read about and an added bonus

Is this even true? I've heard the guy called "Vanderjerk" and "Vanderdrunk" for years. The only thing I can trace this to is when Peyton Manning laid an egg (again) against the Jets in the playoffs a few years ago Vanderjagt called out Manning and Dungy for being "too laid back". Then Manning fired back that "their idiot kicker got liquored up and shot off his mouth". Maybe he did. Or maybe he was just pissed that they just lost 20-0 and said some stupid remarks. For all I know the guy spends his evenings delivering blankets to the homeless and is a teetotaler. Does anyone actually know different? Or is the "legend of Mike Vanderjagt" all based on this one incident? I'm just wondering.

Mski
03-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Is this even true? I've heard the guy called "Vanderjerk" and "Vanderdrunk" for years. The only thing I can trace this to is when Peyton Manning laid an egg (again) against the Jets in the playoffs a few years ago Vanderjagt called out Manning and Dungy for being "too laid back". Then Manning fired back that "their idiot kicker got liquored up and shot off his mouth". Maybe he did. Or maybe he was just pissed that they just lost 20-0 and said some stupid remarks. For all I know the guy spends his evenings delivering blankets to the homeless and is a teetotaler. Does anyone actually know different? Or is the "legend of Mike Vanderjagt" all based on this one incident? I'm just wondering.

As far as i know its all hearsay, however this vanderjat being a drunk thing has been around him since his cfl days

Bill Cody
03-24-2006, 05:15 PM

If choking was a reason to cut a guy, Peyton Manning would have been cut a half dozen times already. Vanderjagt's made some big kicks but you're going to miss some too. The kick he missed against Pitt wasn't exactly a chippee. By comparison, the 4th quarter kick Lindell missed the year before last against Pitt of like 32 yards that was the difference in that game was a chip shot. Lindell blows. Mike Vanderjagt could probably outkick Lindell if he was drop kicking. Get real.

Bill Cody
03-24-2006, 05:17 PM
As far as i know its all hearsay, however this vanderjat being a drunk thing has been around him since his cfl days

If that's the case he should have taken a snort before that kick against Pitt. Whatever works for ya I say.