• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

This team would be better if marv took a 2 month nap

If this team is determined to build through the draft.. If they really are trying to be competitive, then I wish Marv Levy had taken some nyquil on March 10 and not woke up until April 29.

This team was 5-11 last year and they were BETTER OFF had that not made a single solitary free agent transaction other than resigning their own FA's..

I'm serious. Stop laughing.

Who we lost FAR outweighs who we have gained and deep down every single one of you know it.

Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy and Eric Moulds are better than every player we have brought in, combined, and you all KNOW IT.

Dont give me that "system" crap about MIlloy.. He can have a broken leg and he's stil better than Bowen, who is nothing more than another Coy Wire.

Tripplett is nice I'll give you that.. But outside of that? Get real. A BACKUP CENTER who only started 8 games due to injury, a 2003 starter for the Skins no less at SS, a 4th WR in Davis, a 3rd string NFLE MVP QB and a "blocking" te who caught a career-best 14 passes last year..NO wonder our WR's get triple teamed every passing play.

Adams and Milloy with TKO back and a solid first pick at the DT spot (BUnkley or ngata) and our defense would have been right back in the top five of the NFL..

Our offensive line sucked last year, they've done nothing to improve it significantly (Unless you think Fowler is that much beter than Teague or Preston- prove it to me).. And if you think that ROOKIES are going to step in the nfl on the line and be the bomb, you're crazy.

You can hate on him all you want, Eric Moulds is ridiculously better than Andre Davis (we had Reed to begin with)

Our approach would have been the EXACT same whether we made any moves or not.. The offense and defensive lines..and depth for the aging players.. NEITHER of those spots have been addressed via free agency, all we did is get WORSE, a lot worse in other skill positions.

With a better coaching staff (I think this staff is HEADS ABOVE last years), we had a better chance of at least paying .500 ball had Marv passed out for two months and we didnt make a SINGLE free agent move.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Re: This team would be better if marv took a 2 month nap

You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

ya I might be whining, but you KNOW i am right..

Go look in the mirror and tell yourself this football team is better on march 23 than it was on march 1..

Marv dropped the ball by cutting Adams and Milloy and bringing in crap to make up for it, and you know it.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I know this board would be a lot better if you took about a 5 year nap.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

this mb would be better if YOU took a 2 month nap.

EDIT, you beat me thurm
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Yep, cause you can all be fooled for an extra two months by the crap that piles up at OBD more and more with each "character' signing.

BTW, way to talk "football" with your comments.. is that the best you can do?

Comment

• Gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Go look in the mirror and tell yourself this football team is better on march 23 than it was on march 1..

Marv dropped the ball by cutting Adams and Milloy and bringing in crap to make up for it, and you know it.
              I never said it was better, but I don't think it is apocalyptic bad like you do either. Every damn thread is a thread on how the team sucks, we aren't doing anything, we aren't signing the right guys, how come we didn't offer $50m dollars to hutch when we need him, blah, blah, blah.

We get it, you don't like what the team is doing. We actually caught on after the first of your 200 posts since FA started. I haven't seen whining like this since in my life. OP's *****ing is starting to look like closet optimism, and starting to make Wys look like Mr. Sunshine. :
              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

The Adams move is scary right now, but why do you insist on calling Bowen crap? That's 100% absurd. The guy isn't a star, but he is a decent FS. No, he doesn't suck. Yes, he's faster than Milloy (a lot faster). Yes, he brings the lumber (the boy can hit, I've seen it several times). Yes, he absolutely fits in to a cover-2 defense better than Milloy does. I like Milloy a lot, but he and Bowen are two different players. I'd personally rather have the guy who fits into our system better. He's much more likely to be an impact at this point. The constant whining is one thing, but to make irrational statements is another. If you really want to write about sports on a successful level, you have to inform yourself before throwing an off-the-cuff remark. I don't disagree with everything you say, but you're saying the same thing over and over. We get it. You're not happy with the "Bums" that we're bringing in. That's fine. You have that right. You even have the right to continue saying the same things over, and over, and over again. Hopefully you'll decide against exercising that right, and use your talents to bring intelligence, and creativity to the board. I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that enough is enough already.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Yep, cause you can all be fooled for an extra two months by the crap that piles up at OBD more and more with each "character' signing.

You keep going on about this, and I have yet to see anything claiming these guys are superstars and the solutions to our problems coming from OBD.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

God forbid any one of us "whiners" look at the moves objectively. That's not allowed. Fact is talent wise, this teams is indeed worse today than it was a month ago. Problem with that is you've downgraded a 5-11 team by doing it, if you're a winning team and lose a piece here and a piece there you can get away with just plugging someone else and not taking a big dive seeing you have enough talent around the roster to cover and pick up the slack.

We're not a team who's good enough to just hide the many holes in this team, and free agency would have been a good start to start patching the holes. Seeing everyone thinks teams build through the draft and not through free agency for some reason. Then come draft day we could bring in top notch talents, someone like a Vernon Davis, that would be difference makers week after week. But that can't be really done now seeing the front office hasn't addressed it's GLARING weaknesses well enough through free agency, offensive and defensive line. So we all know who we will or better yet SHOULD be drafting. And we can't afford to go draft a Vernon Davis. Donahoe tried that a few years back when he selected Willis, and I've seen plenty of people now who say that was a wasted pick.

Maybe I'd be better off if I just sat here and went "yeah Marv has made all the right moves, we're a playoff team, in marv I trust." That way I could live under the misconception of what we've done so far has been right. The only thing this team is contending for right now is the first pick in the 2007 draft. That's not being negative nor whining it's being realistic. Which is so much better than being a "homer" who thinks the organization can do no wrong, then come week 10 when we're about 2-8, if not worse, I won't be sitting here wondering what went wrong. Seeing I already accept that as of right now.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Sorry "O WISE ONE" that I am not going to judge what this front office is doing until I see the final roster. I don't have a crystal ball like you seem to have. No use to get your panties in a bunch about things out of our control. Levy took over a disaster remember that as well.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        Sorry "O WISE ONE" that I am not going to judge what this front office is doing until I see the final roster. I don't have a crystal ball like you seem to have. No use to get your panties in a bunch about things out of our control. Levy took over a disaster remember that as well.
                        I wish I had the same powers as Pat "NFL Nostradamus" Moran too, then I could see that the end is near.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Every person in WNY knows the offensive line and defensive lines both SUCKED last year..

So while getting caught up in the Marv Levy craze. Lets just lay out the facts
                          DL: Gone Adams.. In Tripplett
                          OL: Gone Teague.. IN Fowler.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Build through the draft entirely.. See ya at the .500 mark in 3-4 years.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Was New England "better" after cutting Ty Law, Lawyer, or even Tyrone Poole and replacing them with lesser talent?

Depends on what your definition of "better" is. Sometimes you take a step back to take a step forwards. Granted, it takes a little more faith at this point to trust in Marv's moves than NE's, but saying that Buffalo is "worse" now than before cutting Adams and Milloy is taking a fairly narrow and faithless view of things.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Disaster?
                              NO a disaster is a team like Arizona or Houston that hasn't sniffed the playoffs..

Buffalo won 9 games two years ago and lost a playoff spot in week 17..

They lost their best offensive and defensive tackles to free agency last year and the best player on the team (TKO) got hurt early in the year.

This team was far from a disaster.. and if it was, You think fixing JP Losman with Craig Nall and Eric Moulds with Andre Davis isnt a disaster?

Comment

Working...
                              X