PDA

View Full Version : This team would be better if marv took a 2 month nap

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 10:11 AM
If this team is determined to build through the draft.. If they really are trying to be competitive, then I wish Marv Levy had taken some nyquil on March 10 and not woke up until April 29.

This team was 5-11 last year and they were BETTER OFF had that not made a single solitary free agent transaction other than resigning their own FA's..

I'm serious. Stop laughing.

Who we lost FAR outweighs who we have gained and deep down every single one of you know it.

Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy and Eric Moulds are better than every player we have brought in, combined, and you all KNOW IT.

Dont give me that "system" crap about MIlloy.. He can have a broken leg and he's stil better than Bowen, who is nothing more than another Coy Wire.

Tripplett is nice I'll give you that.. But outside of that? Get real. A BACKUP CENTER who only started 8 games due to injury, a 2003 starter for the Skins no less at SS, a 4th WR in Davis, a 3rd string NFLE MVP QB and a "blocking" te who caught a career-best 14 passes last year..NO wonder our WR's get triple teamed every passing play.

Adams and Milloy with TKO back and a solid first pick at the DT spot (BUnkley or ngata) and our defense would have been right back in the top five of the NFL..

Our offensive line sucked last year, they've done nothing to improve it significantly (Unless you think Fowler is that much beter than Teague or Preston- prove it to me).. And if you think that ROOKIES are going to step in the nfl on the line and be the bomb, you're crazy.

You can hate on him all you want, Eric Moulds is ridiculously better than Andre Davis (we had Reed to begin with)

Our approach would have been the EXACT same whether we made any moves or not.. The offense and defensive lines..and depth for the aging players.. NEITHER of those spots have been addressed via free agency, all we did is get WORSE, a lot worse in other skill positions.

With a better coaching staff (I think this staff is HEADS ABOVE last years), we had a better chance of at least paying .500 ball had Marv passed out for two months and we didnt make a SINGLE free agent move.

Gunzlingr
03-23-2006, 10:14 AM
:cry:

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 10:16 AM
ya I might be whining, but you KNOW i am right..

Go look in the mirror and tell yourself this football team is better on march 23 than it was on march 1..

Marv dropped the ball by cutting Adams and Milloy and bringing in crap to make up for it, and you know it.

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2006, 10:17 AM
I know this board would be a lot better if you took about a 5 year nap.

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 10:18 AM
this mb would be better if YOU took a 2 month nap.

EDIT, you beat me thurm

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Yep, cause you can all be fooled for an extra two months by the crap that piles up at OBD more and more with each "character' signing.

BTW, way to talk "football" with your comments.. is that the best you can do?

Gunzlingr
03-23-2006, 10:23 AM

Go look in the mirror and tell yourself this football team is better on march 23 than it was on march 1..

Marv dropped the ball by cutting Adams and Milloy and bringing in crap to make up for it, and you know it.

I never said it was better, but I don't think it is apocalyptic bad like you do either. Every damn thread is a thread on how the team sucks, we aren't doing anything, we aren't signing the right guys, how come we didn't offer $50m dollars to hutch when we need him, blah, blah, blah.

We get it, you don't like what the team is doing. We actually caught on after the first of your 200 posts since FA started. I haven't seen whining like this since in my life. OP's *****ing is starting to look like closet optimism, and starting to make Wys look like Mr. Sunshine. :deadhorse:

TedMock
03-23-2006, 10:24 AM

The Adams move is scary right now, but why do you insist on calling Bowen crap? That's 100% absurd. The guy isn't a star, but he is a decent FS. No, he doesn't suck. Yes, he's faster than Milloy (a lot faster). Yes, he brings the lumber (the boy can hit, I've seen it several times). Yes, he absolutely fits in to a cover-2 defense better than Milloy does. I like Milloy a lot, but he and Bowen are two different players. I'd personally rather have the guy who fits into our system better. He's much more likely to be an impact at this point. The constant whining is one thing, but to make irrational statements is another. If you really want to write about sports on a successful level, you have to inform yourself before throwing an off-the-cuff remark. I don't disagree with everything you say, but you're saying the same thing over and over. We get it. You're not happy with the "Bums" that we're bringing in. That's fine. You have that right. You even have the right to continue saying the same things over, and over, and over again. Hopefully you'll decide against exercising that right, and use your talents to bring intelligence, and creativity to the board. I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that enough is enough already.

Gunzlingr
03-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Yep, cause you can all be fooled for an extra two months by the crap that piles up at OBD more and more with each "character' signing.

You keep going on about this, and I have yet to see anything claiming these guys are superstars and the solutions to our problems coming from OBD.

Mr. Pink
03-23-2006, 10:25 AM

God forbid any one of us "whiners" look at the moves objectively. That's not allowed. Fact is talent wise, this teams is indeed worse today than it was a month ago. Problem with that is you've downgraded a 5-11 team by doing it, if you're a winning team and lose a piece here and a piece there you can get away with just plugging someone else and not taking a big dive seeing you have enough talent around the roster to cover and pick up the slack.

We're not a team who's good enough to just hide the many holes in this team, and free agency would have been a good start to start patching the holes. Seeing everyone thinks teams build through the draft and not through free agency for some reason. Then come draft day we could bring in top notch talents, someone like a Vernon Davis, that would be difference makers week after week. But that can't be really done now seeing the front office hasn't addressed it's GLARING weaknesses well enough through free agency, offensive and defensive line. So we all know who we will or better yet SHOULD be drafting. And we can't afford to go draft a Vernon Davis. Donahoe tried that a few years back when he selected Willis, and I've seen plenty of people now who say that was a wasted pick.

Maybe I'd be better off if I just sat here and went "yeah Marv has made all the right moves, we're a playoff team, in marv I trust." That way I could live under the misconception of what we've done so far has been right. The only thing this team is contending for right now is the first pick in the 2007 draft. That's not being negative nor whining it's being realistic. Which is so much better than being a "homer" who thinks the organization can do no wrong, then come week 10 when we're about 2-8, if not worse, I won't be sitting here wondering what went wrong. Seeing I already accept that as of right now.

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2006, 10:27 AM

Sorry "O WISE ONE" that I am not going to judge what this front office is doing until I see the final roster. I don't have a crystal ball like you seem to have. No use to get your panties in a bunch about things out of our control. Levy took over a disaster remember that as well.

Gunzlingr
03-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Sorry "O WISE ONE" that I am not going to judge what this front office is doing until I see the final roster. I don't have a crystal ball like you seem to have. No use to get your panties in a bunch about things out of our control. Levy took over a disaster remember that as well.

I wish I had the same powers as Pat "NFL Nostradamus" Moran too, then I could see that the end is near. :(

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Every person in WNY knows the offensive line and defensive lines both SUCKED last year..

So while getting caught up in the Marv Levy craze. Lets just lay out the facts
DL: Gone Adams.. In Tripplett
OL: Gone Teague.. IN Fowler.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Build through the draft entirely.. See ya at the .500 mark in 3-4 years.

Saratoga Slim
03-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Was New England "better" after cutting Ty Law, Lawyer, or even Tyrone Poole and replacing them with lesser talent?

Depends on what your definition of "better" is. Sometimes you take a step back to take a step forwards. Granted, it takes a little more faith at this point to trust in Marv's moves than NE's, but saying that Buffalo is "worse" now than before cutting Adams and Milloy is taking a fairly narrow and faithless view of things.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 10:33 AM

Disaster?
NO a disaster is a team like Arizona or Houston that hasn't sniffed the playoffs..

Buffalo won 9 games two years ago and lost a playoff spot in week 17..

They lost their best offensive and defensive tackles to free agency last year and the best player on the team (TKO) got hurt early in the year.

This team was far from a disaster.. and if it was, You think fixing JP Losman with Craig Nall and Eric Moulds with Andre Davis isnt a disaster?

Mr. Pink
03-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Was New England "better" after cutting Ty Law, Lawyer, or even Tyrone Poole and replacing them with lesser talent?

Depends on what your definition of "better" is. Sometimes you take a step back to take a step forwards. Granted, it takes a little more faith at this point to trust in Marv's moves than NE's, but saying that Buffalo is "worse" now than before cutting Adams and Milloy is taking a fairly narrow and faithless view of things.

Actually NE was better after cutting Milloy, seeing they ended up bringing Rodney Harrison to replace him. Yeah, you know one of those Patriot free agent acquisitions. Even though they built through the draft. Anyways, Harrison was and is a marked upgrade over Milloy.

Notice last year teams were able to throw on the Patsies, and why is that? Harrison was hurt most of the year.

Italian Stallion
03-23-2006, 10:40 AM
You seriously need to stfu man, I'm sick of it....you know nothing more than any of us here do....Just because you write an ass "report" on foxsports.com doesn't make you an authority we all should bow down to. YOUR NOT RIGHT, we don't "know that your are".

I'm willing to bet that many of these free agent aquistions Marv has made will contribute in a positive way this season.....then what will your little piss ant "report" say????? "Oh gee...I guess Marv Levy, a man who has coached and evaluated talent for over 40 YEARS at a high level, might....just might know more than I do." Marv is smarter than you, end of story. He can judge talent. He's coached in Super Bowls. I think juuuuust maybe, he might know something about putting togetehr a winning roster, so why don't you cut him just a small break.

Every team needs some role players, and guys with alot of upside. How do you think all these other teams in the league got good??? Did the Colts, Pats, Steelers, Chargers, Seahawks or anyone else sign EVERY BIG NAME FREE AGENT AVAILIABLE, and then directly went to the playoffs? The answer is NO, AND YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

We are only a few weeks into the offseason man, chill the f*** out. Everyone blows chunks everytime you post something.

Italian Stallion
03-23-2006, 10:41 AM
You seriously need to stfu man, I'm sick of it....you know nothing more than any of us here do....Just because you write an ass "report" on foxsports.com doesn't make you an authority we all should bow down to. YOUR NOT RIGHT, we don't "know that your are".

I'm willing to bet that many of these free agent aquistions Marv has made will contribute in a positive way this season.....then what will your little piss ant "report" say????? "Oh gee...I guess Marv Levy, a man who has coached and evaluated talent for over 40 YEARS at a high level, might....just might know more than I do." Marv is smarter than you, end of story. He can judge talent. He's coached in Super Bowls. I think juuuuust maybe, he might know something about putting togetehr a winning roster, so why don't you cut him just a small break.

Every team needs some role players, and guys with alot of upside. How do you think all these other teams in the league got good??? Did the Colts, Pats, Steelers, Chargers, Seahawks or anyone else sign EVERY BIG NAME FREE AGENT AVAILIABLE, and then directly went to the playoffs? The answer is NO, AND YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

We are only a few weeks into the offseason man, chill the f*** out. Everyone blows chunks everytime you post something.

Just wanted to make sure everyone saw this......kinda like what you do.

Or maybe I should start a thread like the Major league thing so people will "KNOW THAT I AM RIGHT"

HAMMER
Disaster?
NO a disaster is a team like Arizona or Houston that hasn't sniffed the playoffs..

They lost their best offensive and defensive tackles to free agency last year and the best player on the team (TKO) got hurt early in the year.

This team was far from a disaster.. and if it was, You think fixing JP Losman with Craig Nall and Eric Moulds with Andre Davis isnt a disaster?

Far from a disaster? NO. Last year was a disaster from top to bottom, Coaching, Moulds, Adams, Losman, D-Line, O-Line, Takeo, McGahee, DISASTER.

Look, we all know where you stand, why do you have to start ten threads a day that are repetitive and negative?

patmoran2006

who's the "whiner" ??

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Disaster?

So the team was in great shape after last year? Sorry man I guess I missed that. Don't bring up 2 years ago because it is irrelavant. Most think JP can handle the Job so he isn't necessarily being replaced with Nall, unless Nall is a superstar in the preseason. If he is than who cares its win win. Moulds isn't being replaced with Davis. He is being replaced by Evans, and Evans is replaced by Parrish/Davis, and Parrish is replaced by Reed. It isn't the best core in the league but can get the job done, and remember we could still add more. You need to understand this.

Italian Stallion
03-23-2006, 10:42 AM
who's the "whiner" ??

UH... you I believe

Italian Stallion
03-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey guys watch out....I'm a whiner cause I'm calling out the mighty Patmoron

PromoTheRobot
03-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Pat, do you actually have a job, or do you live in your Mom's basement and make ******ed posts all day so someone pays attention to you? I think I read you are a mortgage broker or something. I'm sure there is some paperwork that needs your attention.

PTR

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Pat, do you actually have a job, or do you live in your Mom's basement and make ******ed posts all day so someone pays attention to you? I think I read you are a mortgage broker or something. I'm sure there is some paperwork that needs your attention.

PTR

Get a clue.

Dicknoze69
03-23-2006, 11:54 AM
You guys talk about objectivity, but you're letting your emotions get into play with regards to Milloy, Adams, etc.

Milloy cannot cover. It's a giant weakness in his game. Since we are employing a Cover 2 scheme next season, he's a liability. Therefore, we cut him. Since the Cover 2 scheme doesn't require high-profile safeties, and instead makes the Safeties appear better than they are, we don't need a high-priced starter. Instead, we opt for Bowen, who is faster, can hit, and can cover. Granted, he isn't a big-name, and run stopping isn't his strength. If we played a 46 defense still, Bowen would suck.

As for Adams, he was an unhappy camper who did not want to be here anymore. Clashes with management made this obvious. He was not nearly the dominant force last season as he was before. It's possible this is because we lost Pat Williams. Maybe it's old age and lack of conditioning. Who knows? Either way, we opted for younger players at that position, who will fit our scheme better.

Free Agency isn't over, by any means. You want upgrades on the offensive line, and it'll happen. Marv isn't dumb; he knows our biggest weakness. However, he wants our organization to be fiscally conservative unless there's a difference maker, which they and I don't feel there are this year in Free Agency.

Just because you're not familiar with guys we're signing that doesn't mean they won't work in our scheme. Players dramatically upgrade their skills every year by being plugged into the right scheme. Look at the Pats and Bears. Some of these guys they start aren't that good. Nathan Vasher sucks in man-to-man coverage. If he played under Jerry Gray, he'd be relegated to the bench. But in a Cover 2, he's a Pro Bowler.

You want "big names", but as we've seen under TD and various other regimes throughout the NFL, "big names" never guarentee success. There's more than one way to skin the cat.

Gunzlingr
03-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Get a clue.

Col. Mustard in the Conservatory with the Rope...

ParanoidAndroid
03-23-2006, 03:14 PM
I think it is clear that Marv was eager to get rid of the higher priced old guys in favor of bringing in some youth with upside. Will it work right away? Probably not, but it could be a nice way to build this team over the next couple of years. We need to look at replacing Vincent soon as well.
At this time, I would like to thank Pat for clogging this forum with negative nancy BS. It's boring, Pat...really, really, really damn boring. Take a breather, please.

Mr. Pink
03-23-2006, 03:21 PM
I think it is clear that Marv was eager to get rid of the higher priced old guys in favor of bringing in some youth with upside. Will it work right away? Probably not, but it could be a nice way to build this team over the next couple of years. We need to look at replacing Vincent soon as well.
At this time, I would like to thank Pat for clogging this forum with negative nancy BS. It's boring, Pat...really, really, really damn boring. Take a breather, please.

Question! Since when is being realistic and honest confused with being negative?

Just because some of us don't sit here and applaud the signings of players with such talent and ilk like Melvin Fowler doesn't make us "negative nancies" as you put it.

AndreReed83
03-23-2006, 04:30 PM
A simple answer to the original post of this thread is that we are building for the future.

Out goes old DT Sam Adams who had a bad attitude and took plays off.

In comes younger DT Larry Tripplet who has gotten better every season and still has room to improve.

Out goes old SS Lawyer Milloy, who at this point in his career, is nothing more then an undersized LB passrusher who lines up 15-20 yards away from los.

In comes younger SS Matt Bowen, who is younger, did a very good job when he started, and while he might not be the long term answer, he saves the team from a year of Coy Wire as the starter.

Out goes Trey Teague, who NEVER lived up to his potential during his tenure here. So long free agent bust, let the door hit you on the way out, I don't care.

In comes younger Melvin Fowler, who has gotten better every season and when he gets plugged into the lineup, his team's runningback seems to suddenly turn it on. I don't care if he was a backup. Sometimes you have to bide your time as a backup before you get your chance to start, especially when the people in front of you are a 1st round pick in Jeff Faine and a very good Center in Matt Birk.

Out goes TE Mark Campbell. He's injury prone and average at catching the ball and blocking.

In comes TE Robert Royal. He's a superb blocker, whom will be very welcome in the running game. Kevin Everett will most likely be the all around/athletic TE. Plus, this is a move TD would have never made. It's not flashy enough for him. Every team has guys who work do the dirty work like Royal, and now so do the Bills.

The main thing is, we're rebuilding, there's no sugarcoating it. It's not fun, especially since we just went through it not too long ago. The fact we've brought in people like Tripplet, Fowler, and Royal and tried to sign youngsters in Wells and Idonje bode well for the future.

ParanoidAndroid
03-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Question! Since when is being realistic and honest confused with being negative?

Just because some of us don't sit here and applaud the signings of players with such talent and ilk like Melvin Fowler doesn't make us "negative nancies" as you put it.

That's not the point. The point is that it's redundant and is so plentiful that it is cluttering up the place. We can't change things anyway, as far as the franchise goes, so all we can do is look forward and hope. I would like to see an attempt at a couple more offensive linemen (Tutan Reyes would be nice), but I'm not gonna wail if I don't. It's pointless.
Besides...this is pro sports. It has nothing to do with reality. Reality is food, shelter, water, life and death.