PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Site But Nonetheless Interesting

BuffaloBlakely14
03-23-2006, 11:36 AM
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

I know this is a rumor site and I am not endorsing it....but it says that Eric and his agent are going to meet with the Broncos this week...could be getting interesting...also says the Broncos want to move up in the draft...could it go down like this...

Eric and #8 for #15 and #22??

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2006, 11:39 AM
I would like that trade.

OpIv37
03-23-2006, 11:39 AM
I don't know if Ralph would be willing to pay 2 first round draft picks, but if Marv is serious about building through the draft, this would be the way to do it. 2 firsts and 2 3rds.

Plus if Ngata is their man, there is still a chance that they could get him at 15.

Italian Stallion
03-23-2006, 11:42 AM
I'd be a big fan of that trade...This draft is very deep and having 3 picks in the first 2 rounds would be solid.

Dicknoze69
03-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I don't know if Ralph would be willing to pay 2 first round draft picks, but if Marv is serious about building through the draft, this would be the way to do it. 2 firsts and 2 3rds.

Plus if Ngata is their man, there is still a chance that they could get him at 15.

Ralph has never had any qualms about paying in the draft. We paid Mike Williams enough money to sink the Titanic. I'm pretty sure a high pick like #4 overall is paid more than #15 and #22 combined.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 11:44 AM
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

I know this is a rumor site and I am not endorsing it....but it says that Eric and his agent are going to meet with the Broncos this week...could be getting interesting...also says the Broncos want to move up in the draft...could it go down like this...

Eric and #8 for #15 and #22??

Let me say this... they offer up 15, 22 for #8 and Moulds and we don't take it...I am officially on the PatMoran 'Can Marv' Bandwagon. Too many needs and that is two guaranteed starters instead of one with that move.

OpIv37
03-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Ralph has never had any qualms about paying in the draft. We paid Mike Williams enough money to sink the Titanic. I'm pretty sure a high pick like #4 overall is paid more than #15 and #22 combined.

I'm pretty sure Mike Williams weighed enough to sink the Titanic by himself.

HAMMER
03-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Marv would take that deal, no question.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 11:47 AM
That would be a great trade for Buffalo..... If Denver really wants that..

Makes little sense to me from Denver's perspective however as either chad jackson or santonio holmes will DEFINITELY be on the board at 15, maybe both... Plus they would like a safety to groom for Lynch and they lost Pryce to Baltimore.

If Denver was to make that deal, Buffalo could take an OT at 15, Justice or Winston that would be much more justified at 15 than at 8..

And I dont think Ngata or Bunkley last til 15, so either of them would be unlikely.

If I'm right and we took OT at 15.. Then 22nd I'd assume would be either a guard or Gabe Watson, who would be a reach at 22, IMO

Mudflap1
03-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah, we would have to do that deal hands down.

Jon

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Let me say this... they offer up 15, 22 for #8 and Moulds and we don't take it...I am officially on the PatMoran 'Can Marv' Bandwagon. Too many needs and that is two guaranteed starters instead of one with that move.

LOL I dont want to can Marv.. I want him on the SIDELINE not the press box...

Mudflap1
03-23-2006, 11:48 AM
That would be a great trade for Buffalo..... If Denver really wants that..

Makes little sense to me from Denver's perspective however as either chad jackson or santonio holmes will DEFINITELY be on the board at 15, maybe both... Plus they would like a safety to groom for Lynch and they lost Pryce to Baltimore.

If Denver was to make that deal, Buffalo could take an OT at 15, Justice or Winston that would be much more justified at 15 than at 8..

And I dont think Ngata or Bunkley last til 15, so either of them would be unlikely.

If I'm right and we took OT at 15.. Then 22nd I'd assume would be either a guard or Gabe Watson, who would be a reach at 22, IMO

All would be good choices.

clumping platelets
03-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Bucs gave us a #2 to move from #21 to #14 back in 2001.....now #15 and #22 to move to #8 plus give up Moulds?

Denver would need to throw in a 2007 pick to make it an even deal.....say a cond 3rd or 4th....

Mahdi
03-23-2006, 11:53 AM
I would take Bunkley at 15, and Gilles/Spencer at 22. Then in Rd 2 we can go with the best safety available, and there will definitely be a starting safety still available when we pick. OR we can go with a WR in Rd 2 and still get a good safety in the 3rd round.

Earthquake Enyart
03-23-2006, 11:53 AM
We should get more than 15 and 22 for 8 and Moulds. :down:

TigerJ
03-23-2006, 12:50 PM
It's pretty hard to evaluate Moulds' value. He's been a great receiver in the past, but hasn't been real productive in the past couple years. Losman haters are quick to point out Losman didn't get him the ball, but he has had a lot of drops too, and prospective trade partners aren't going to excuse Moulds' productivity for whatever reason. Plus Moulds has a pretty high salary. That will drop his value. If Buffalo can get a pick in 2007 in addition for Denvers 2 first round picks this year, I'll be thrilled, but they need to put the Moulds era behind them and get on with building the team.

DraftBoy
03-23-2006, 12:55 PM
15, 22 and a cond pick in 07 for 8 and Moulds would sound fair to me

15 take Jimmy Williams and at 22 take Watson/Kiwi/Hali/Gilles/Spencer

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I dont see Williams lasting til 15 and I'll bet Bunkley doesnt..

I am a HUGE Jimmy Williams guy.. He's a Roy Williams type safety, we NEED someone like that.. I am not loving our VIncent, Baker, Bowens rotation there.. JImmy Williams would squash that non-sense.

Oh yeah, he's a great cover guy, pefect for the cover two.

DraftBoy
03-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Williams has been falling recently and the rumore from SF is that they may go Davis to give Smith a weapon since they lost Brandon Lloyd.

That means Huff falls to 9 where DET takes him and Williams could conceivably fall to 15.

Mski
03-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Williams has been falling recently and the rumore from SF is that they may go Davis to give Smith a weapon since they lost Brandon Lloyd.

That means Huff falls to 9 where DET takes him and Williams could conceivably fall to 15.
i dont think that huff will fall to 9 as long as buffalo doesnt trade down i think we should take him, he was the fastest guy at the combine and great cover guy to go along with our new cover two scheme

FlyingDutchman
03-23-2006, 01:20 PM
if we did that trade, and could some how land Ngata and Mcneil, the draft and the offseason would be a complete success IMO. especially with taging clements. obviously we would still have some needs, but this would put us well on our way. im all for the trade.

FlyingDutchman
03-23-2006, 01:21 PM
why would Denver be willing to give up that much though for Eric? they already have an old productive receiver. seems like too much for them to give up for a short term solution at WR.

SABURZFAN
03-23-2006, 01:38 PM
why would we give up the #8 pick?why can't we just get rid of moulds and get one of their 1st rounders?give me the #22 and a 2nd rounder(if they have one) and maybe try to get a middle round pick in 07.we're gonna eat some of moulds' salary anyways.

SABURZFAN
03-23-2006, 01:40 PM
why would Denver be willing to give up that much though for Eric? they already have an old productive receiver. seems like too much for them to give up for a short term solution at WR.

you have to pay the price if you want to get to the big game.i imagine that we're gonna eat some of moulds' salary too.

Saratoga Slim
03-23-2006, 02:12 PM
I think I'd do the Denver 15/22 for Moulds & 8 straight up. conditional 3rd/4th for next year would certainly seal the deal.

It would suck to miss out on a shot at Davis, Hawk or Huff, but two starters would be real hard to turn down.

I think Bunkley MIGHT still be there at 15. One of the Winstons (Eric or Justice) sure will. Jimmy Williams, while he seems to have an annoying Nate Clements 'playmaker' attitude, would be perfect at Safety. Donte Whitner too. If we could get two of the five guys I just named plus a conditional for next year, that'd be a fair trade for missing out on Davis/Huff/Ngata.

DraftBoy
03-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Denver needs a #2 WR badly if it hopes to make its SB run this year or next with Jake and Rod Smith getting older. They also need a QB of the future. In this deal Denver gets an almost sure shot at a QB (prolly Young) and a top WR who will still play another 4-5 years. We on the other hand get two lower picks where we have much more flexibility in what we are going to do.

Also I dont see Bunkley falling to us. I think CLE takes him over Ngata at 12, but should he fall Id be estatic to have him at 15. I really can see Jimmy Williams falling further but if not then take Donte Whitner at 22.

Saratoga Slim
03-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Denver needs a #2 WR badly if it hopes to make its SB run this year or next with Jake and Rod Smith getting older. They also need a QB of the future. In this deal Denver gets an almost sure shot at a QB (prolly Young) and a top WR who will still play another 4-5 years. We on the other hand get two lower picks where we have much more flexibility in what we are going to do.

Also I dont see Bunkley falling to us. I think CLE takes him over Ngata at 12, but should he fall Id be estatic to have him at 15. I really can see Jimmy Williams falling further but if not then take Donte Whitner at 22.

If Cleveland takes Bunkley over Ngata at 12, we could end up with Ngata at 15, where I'd feel real comfortable drafting him (I'm hesitant at #8).

Bmax
03-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Bucs gave us a #2 to move from #21 to #14 back in 2001.....now #15 and #22 to move to #8 plus give up Moulds?

Denver would need to throw in a 2007 pick to make it an even deal.....say a cond 3rd or 4th....

Yes ....a sane voice on the board ...we would need at least another 3-5 rd pick to make that deal work....

Bmax

Bmax
03-23-2006, 05:04 PM
If we move down to 15 and 22 .. Mark it down Eric Winston will be a bill..

Bmax

Kerr
03-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I think Cleveland takes Ngata or Bunkley based the the fact he's a better fit for the 3-4.