PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Conditioning Program Underway

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3676

Lee Evans, London Fletcher, J.P. Losman, Willis McGahee, Terrence McGee, and Josh Reed are among the large group of Bills players taking part in the team's offseason conditioning program, which officially kicked off Monday at One Bills Drive.

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 02:51 PM
there's also tons of audio interviews w/ players as they arrive like " Evans talks about Moulds"

Am at work so I can't hear it.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Wow.. I"m impressed Willis is here and not working out at the U.

Cool

OpIv37
03-23-2006, 02:53 PM
so do you think Mike Williams began his offseason conditioning ritual of cheeseburgers and ho-ho's today? Or is he enjoying the time off?

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Wow.. I"m impressed Willis is here and not working out at the U.

Cool
:phew: For a second there I thought you'd complain that it's too early or something.

BAM
03-23-2006, 02:57 PM
So it looks like Willis is not going to hold out, contrary to what some of our experts think!

OpIv37
03-23-2006, 02:59 PM
So it looks like Willis is not going to hold out, contrary to what some of our experts think!

he has no leverage right now cuz his season was so ****ty. I guarantee he holds out next season if he has a good year (although he may be a FA- I recall seeing somewhere that he had a 4 year deal).

BAM
03-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Yah that's why I was surprised to read that some thought he was going to hold out. Don't get it.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 03:02 PM

I wouldnt go saying that yet.. It's March.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 03:03 PM
he has no leverage right now cuz his season was so ****ty. I guarantee he holds out next season if he has a good year (although he may be a FA- I recall seeing somewhere that he had a 4 year deal).

He has one more year left after this, at much below par pay.

BAM
03-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Right on time. :chuckle:

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Right on time. :chuckle:
lol

Patrick76777
03-23-2006, 03:09 PM
From what I hear we’ll have a ton of cap room next year.

So if he has a great year,

a. good for us!
b. Resign him with all that money.

Life is good, hold out point is moot.

OpIv37
03-23-2006, 03:43 PM
From what I hear we’ll have a ton of cap room next year.

So if he has a great year,

a. good for us!
b. Resign him with all that money.

Life is good, hold out point is moot.

First, any speculation on next year's cap is so convoluded that even the term "speculation" gives it too much credit, for the following reasons:

1. We don't know what the cap will be
2. We're not done signing players for this off-season and draft
3. We don't know who may or may not reach bonuses/escalators in their contracts
4. We don't know who we may want to cut after next year (although most of the people who post here could probably make a few educated guesses).

Second, it's a sign of an attitude problem. I'm sick of these guys refusing to honor their multimillion dollar contracts because they want more millions. No one put a gun to their head and made them sign the contract- they agreed to it too. How many of us could take a job, then 6 months into it turn to our boss and say "I know I agreed to my salary, but I'm going home and not coming back until you agree to pay me 30/50/70/100% (pick one) more"? 95% of us would end up unemployed if we pulled a stunt like that.

The_Philster
03-23-2006, 03:46 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3676

Lee Evans, London Fletcher, J.P. Losman, Willis McGahee, Terrence McGee, and Josh Reed are among the large group of Bills players taking part in the team's offseason conditioning program, which officially kicked off Monday at One Bills Drive.
ever get the feeling of deja vu? :scratch:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=95337

BAM
03-23-2006, 03:57 PM
But Phil, you're always the first. You could take it as people trying to be like you. You know... modeling their lives and such.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 04:00 PM
On Willis, he isn't holding out. Rosenhaus doesnt' have his guys hold out that much. He will ***** and whine but he tells them to show up and bust ass. 1) it looks better, which helps keep thier value up and 2) It keeps them from getting fined.

Willis being HERE this offseason is the sign of a STRONG Front office/ coaching staff. It also shows a HC that can talk to, and get Willis convinced and motivated to be here.

The_Philster
03-23-2006, 04:01 PM
But Phil, you're always the first. You could take it as people trying to be like you. You know... modeling their lives and such.
Stop...you're making me blush

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 04:17 PM
ever get the feeling of deja vu? :scratch:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=95337
I didn't see it just like I haven't seen a cute babe in your sig in alooooong time.

DMBcrew36
03-23-2006, 04:44 PM
I think a lot of the guys want to be among the first back in to condition so that they get on the good graces of the new staff. They know it looks a lot better to show up and workout than not. It helps some of them protect their personal interests.