• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Kirwan hints at more JP cut/Trade rumors

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

He is the guy that hinted this on Sirius earlier. then about a day or so later he said he had some insider telling him the Bills were thinking of shopping JP for a 4th or 5th rounder.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Kirwan hints at more JP cut/Trade rumors

that would seriously damage my unconditional worship of everything marv
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
      that would seriously damage my unconditional worship of everything marv
      No one worships Marv. They do respect him though and all things considered are willing to let him have a couple years before judging.

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Marv is making a mistake if he shops jp.
        Holcomb and Nall are not going to lead this team to their goal.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
          Marv is making a mistake if he shops jp.
          Holcomb and Nall are not going to lead this team to their goal.
          Nall definately might.

Comment

• Patti120
            • Aug 2004

It's o.k. we'll just have Peter's fill in for a year at QB.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
              Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
              • Dec 2005

So let me get this straight sometimes i'm a little slow and don't get it. Thats what happens when you do drugs and drink.

Some of you would be happy trading JP for a 3rd or 4th rounder right?

Then going with holcomb and Nall as the QB and also having the thought that Nall could be the savior. Ok your opinion thats fine but what has Nall done that was so great?

Because he looked good in a few preseason games. He played a little mop up time to. What will happen if he takes a crapper then what everyone will turn on him as well.

I know the list of QB have not been great since #12 retired. At some point though we have to let a QB develop. If the front office wants to shop JP that is thier business. As long as he is on this team though we have to live with it.

Has anyone thought that maybe these are just rumors to JP pissed off. So maybe a fire will be lit under his ass and he will work harder and be a team guy and earn the starting job.

Just a thought

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

F his insider

Comment

• Kerr
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Nall definately might.
                  No way. All his stats have been in garbage time for the packers. I don't understand the optimism for a recent 3rd stringer. How is it that the coaching staff in green bay kept trying to find farve's successor with the likes of tim couch and akili smith with nall still on the roster? At best he's a backup qb. Nothing more.

I don't know what marv was thiking signing this guy, unless he made a good entertainer aka john dorenbos. This has been my very first questionable signing of the Marv Levy era. If Marv wanted to find competition and a possible starter, he would have been better off trying to get a young ex starter.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Ice, shouldnt you wait til about 7-8 people weigh in with their opinion on this topic before you form "yours" ?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                      No way. All his stats have been in garbage time for the packers. I don't understand the optimism for a recent 3rd stringer. How is it that the coaching staff in green bay kept trying to find farve's successor with the likes of tim couch and akili smith with nall still on the roster? At best he's a backup qb. Nothing more.

I don't know what marv was thiking signing this guy, unless he made a good entertainer aka john dorenbos. This has been my very first questionable signing of the Marv Levy era. If Marv wanted to find competition and a possible starter, he would have been better off trying to get a young ex starter.
                      Answer me this. What was Brunell before leaving GB? Hasselback? Kurt Warner? Aaron Brooks?

One more thing, what was favre before he was traded to GB? What about Jake Delhome before Carolina. Bottom line you just dont' know what Nall can end up being.

Starters aren't just hatched, they are DEVELOPED. The only reason rothlesburger sniffed the field was an injury to thier starter, same with Brady. Did it work out? Sure it did, but in reality Roth wouldn't be starting until this year and brady about 2 years after he took his first start for the pats.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                        So let me get this straight sometimes i'm a little slow and don't get it. Thats what happens when you do drugs and drink.

Some of you would be happy trading JP for a 3rd or 4th rounder right?

Then going with holcomb and Nall as the QB and also having the thought that Nall could be the savior. Ok your opinion thats fine but what has Nall done that was so great?

Because he looked good in a few preseason games. He played a little mop up time to. What will happen if he takes a crapper then what everyone will turn on him as well.

I know the list of QB have not been great since #12 retired. At some point though we have to let a QB develop. If the front office wants to shop JP that is thier business. As long as he is on this team though we have to live with it.

Has anyone thought that maybe these are just rumors to JP pissed off. So maybe a fire will be lit under his ass and he will work harder and be a team guy and earn the starting job.

Just a thought
                        If JP is anymore motivated he will explode. The kid doesn't need to be motivated. Even DJ and Marv said his work ethic is well known. What JP needs is TIME and he isnt' going to get it....in Buffalo.

The kid will have to be about 3 years further along by camp or he won't start. He doesn't start, he is off of this roster. Marv, DJ etal aren't going to sit here answering JP Losman questions all friggin year. You can count on that.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          Answer me this. What was Brunell before leaving GB? Hasselback? Kurt Warner? Aaron Brooks?

Starters aren't just hatched, they are DEVELOPED. The only reason rothlesburger sniffed the field was an injury to thier starter, same with Brady. Did it work out? Sure it did, but in reality Roth wouldn't be starting until this year and brady about 2 years after he took his first start for the pats.
                          didnt you just call Aaron Brooks a joke of a quarterback 2 days ago? Or a gimmick or something like that? why is he included on this list?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Kirwan is an idiot!

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              Kirwan is an idiot!
                              For what? Reporting what someone in the Bills org said to him? Kirwan was with the jets in the 90's. I saw him interview Marv at the combine I believe they get along real well. I am sure Kirwan has a friend or two at OBD Still.

Now is the info he got credible? Maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                              X