PDA

View Full Version : Kirwan hints at more JP cut/Trade rumors

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 04:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9330785

He is the guy that hinted this on Sirius earlier. then about a day or so later he said he had some insider telling him the Bills were thinking of shopping JP for a 4th or 5th rounder.

Meathead
03-23-2006, 04:16 PM
that would seriously damage my unconditional worship of everything marv

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 04:32 PM
that would seriously damage my unconditional worship of everything marv

No one worships Marv. They do respect him though and all things considered are willing to let him have a couple years before judging.

Kerr
03-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Marv is making a mistake if he shops jp.
Holcomb and Nall are not going to lead this team to their goal.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Marv is making a mistake if he shops jp.
Holcomb and Nall are not going to lead this team to their goal.

Nall definately might.

Patti120
03-23-2006, 04:40 PM
It's o.k. we'll just have Peter's fill in for a year at QB.

tat2dmike77
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
So let me get this straight sometimes i'm a little slow and don't get it. Thats what happens when you do drugs and drink.

Some of you would be happy trading JP for a 3rd or 4th rounder right?

Then going with holcomb and Nall as the QB and also having the thought that Nall could be the savior. Ok your opinion thats fine but what has Nall done that was so great?

Because he looked good in a few preseason games. He played a little mop up time to. What will happen if he takes a crapper then what everyone will turn on him as well.

I know the list of QB have not been great since #12 retired. At some point though we have to let a QB develop. If the front office wants to shop JP that is thier business. As long as he is on this team though we have to live with it.

Has anyone thought that maybe these are just rumors to JP pissed off. So maybe a fire will be lit under his ass and he will work harder and be a team guy and earn the starting job.

Just a thought

FlyingDutchman
03-23-2006, 04:53 PM
:monkeyp: F his insider

Kerr
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Nall definately might.

No way. All his stats have been in garbage time for the packers. I don't understand the optimism for a recent 3rd stringer. How is it that the coaching staff in green bay kept trying to find farve's successor with the likes of tim couch and akili smith with nall still on the roster? At best he's a backup qb. Nothing more.

I don't know what marv was thiking signing this guy, unless he made a good entertainer aka john dorenbos. This has been my very first questionable signing of the Marv Levy era. If Marv wanted to find competition and a possible starter, he would have been better off trying to get a young ex starter.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Ice, shouldnt you wait til about 7-8 people weigh in with their opinion on this topic before you form "yours" ?

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 05:22 PM
No way. All his stats have been in garbage time for the packers. I don't understand the optimism for a recent 3rd stringer. How is it that the coaching staff in green bay kept trying to find farve's successor with the likes of tim couch and akili smith with nall still on the roster? At best he's a backup qb. Nothing more.

I don't know what marv was thiking signing this guy, unless he made a good entertainer aka john dorenbos. This has been my very first questionable signing of the Marv Levy era. If Marv wanted to find competition and a possible starter, he would have been better off trying to get a young ex starter.
Answer me this. What was Brunell before leaving GB? Hasselback? Kurt Warner? Aaron Brooks?

One more thing, what was favre before he was traded to GB? What about Jake Delhome before Carolina. Bottom line you just dont' know what Nall can end up being.

Starters aren't just hatched, they are DEVELOPED. The only reason rothlesburger sniffed the field was an injury to thier starter, same with Brady. Did it work out? Sure it did, but in reality Roth wouldn't be starting until this year and brady about 2 years after he took his first start for the pats.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 05:24 PM
So let me get this straight sometimes i'm a little slow and don't get it. Thats what happens when you do drugs and drink.

Some of you would be happy trading JP for a 3rd or 4th rounder right?

Then going with holcomb and Nall as the QB and also having the thought that Nall could be the savior. Ok your opinion thats fine but what has Nall done that was so great?

Because he looked good in a few preseason games. He played a little mop up time to. What will happen if he takes a crapper then what everyone will turn on him as well.

I know the list of QB have not been great since #12 retired. At some point though we have to let a QB develop. If the front office wants to shop JP that is thier business. As long as he is on this team though we have to live with it.

Has anyone thought that maybe these are just rumors to JP pissed off. So maybe a fire will be lit under his ass and he will work harder and be a team guy and earn the starting job.

Just a thought

If JP is anymore motivated he will explode. The kid doesn't need to be motivated. Even DJ and Marv said his work ethic is well known. What JP needs is TIME and he isnt' going to get it....in Buffalo.

The kid will have to be about 3 years further along by camp or he won't start. He doesn't start, he is off of this roster. Marv, DJ etal aren't going to sit here answering JP Losman questions all friggin year. You can count on that.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Answer me this. What was Brunell before leaving GB? Hasselback? Kurt Warner? Aaron Brooks?

Starters aren't just hatched, they are DEVELOPED. The only reason rothlesburger sniffed the field was an injury to thier starter, same with Brady. Did it work out? Sure it did, but in reality Roth wouldn't be starting until this year and brady about 2 years after he took his first start for the pats.

didnt you just call Aaron Brooks a joke of a quarterback 2 days ago? Or a gimmick or something like that? why is he included on this list?

Michael82
03-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Kirwan is an idiot!

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Kirwan is an idiot!

For what? Reporting what someone in the Bills org said to him? Kirwan was with the jets in the 90's. I saw him interview Marv at the combine I believe they get along real well. I am sure Kirwan has a friend or two at OBD Still.

Now is the info he got credible? Maybe not.

Kerr
03-23-2006, 05:48 PM

One more thing, what was favre before he was traded to GB? What about Jake Delhome before Carolina. Bottom line you just dont' know what Nall can end up being.

ICE,
The difference between most of those guys and nall is that they were wanted by other teams and traded for and went on to start. All i've seen is the pack brings in other guy to be the heir apparent with nall still on the roster. He couldn't even beat out Doug Pederson.
Farve was a host prospect out of college

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Kirwan is an idiot!

I disagree.. And I now think JP is going to be traded.. Before the draft too... and I'm finding out right now this isn't just some silly rumor either..

STay tuned.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 05:54 PM
ICE,
The difference between most of those guys and nall is that they were wanted by other teams and traded for and went on to start. All i've seen is the pack brings in other guy to be the heir apparent with nall still on the roster. He couldn't even beat out Doug Pederson.
Farve was a host prospect out of college

Favre SUCKED! He was pretty much given away in Atlanta. As for as Nall not being #2 in GB, the new GM is a moron. He took all personel power away from Sherman then drafted Rogers and made sherman put him at #2. One of the reasons sherman got canned is he flat refused to let Rogers start when they were out of the playoffs.

You are greatly underestimating nall.

FlyingDutchman
03-23-2006, 06:25 PM
For what? Reporting what someone in the Bills org said to him?

exactly, its all heresay. What makes this guy so inclined to get insider information from the Buffalo Bills. Who in the Bills organization would possibly be able to access such information, then be dumb enough to start tellin his buddy in the press about it. Seems to me that this guy is the only one swirling the JP trade rumors.

feelthepain
03-23-2006, 08:08 PM
This rumor isn't going away, I think Bill fan should be more open minded to the fact that TD was no better at spotting talent then DW or R.Speilman.

OpIv37
03-23-2006, 08:13 PM
This is just a rumor so I'm not going to give it too much thought.

But I honestly think our QB situation is better WITH Losman. So far, he hasn't shown much except athleticism. But there is always the chance he could become something great. We all know Holcomb's limitations, and Nall is just another big question mark (and not as mobile as JP, based solely on what I read on this board).

If this is true, I hope the Bills' brass has another journeyman QB with a stronger arm than Holcomb in mind.

HHURRICANE
03-23-2006, 08:47 PM
I disagree.. And I now think JP is going to be traded.. Before the draft too... and I'm finding out right now this isn't just some silly rumor either..

STay tuned.

If JP gets traded, which there is no chance in hell of happening, than plan on seeing a QB drafted at #8. No way you trade JP and not take another QB.

Again hell would have to freeze over!!

The_Philster
03-23-2006, 09:12 PM
This is just a rumor so I'm not going to give it too much thought.

But I honestly think our QB situation is better WITH Losman. So far, he hasn't shown much except athleticism. He's also shown he can learn from the mistakes of others. 4th and 7..we HAD to convert to have a chance to win the game...Holcomb throws for 4 yards..we lose the game..few weeks later, JP is back as the starter...he's faced with a 4th and 7...throws for 9 yards

Philagape
03-23-2006, 09:26 PM
If we get rid of JP and draft a QB, that means we effectively lose our first-round pick, #8 overall. It means we regress two years at QB and fail to address other glaring needs. Unless we get lucky, nothing less than a high first-rounder will be a significant upgrade at O-line, D-line or other areas. One of those areas needs that pick.
One might reply, it's not this year's pick we lose, it's the ones used on JP two years ago. I say it's this year's because we need this year's to address this year's need(s).

Kerr
03-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Favre SUCKED! He was pretty much given away in Atlanta. As for as Nall not being #2 in GB, the new GM is a moron. He took all personel power away from Sherman then drafted Rogers and made sherman put him at #2. One of the reasons sherman got canned is he flat refused to let Rogers start when they were out of the playoffs.

favre sucked in atlanta because he spent too much partying and less time improving on his game. ron wolf wanted to draft him before since he was a good prospect coming out of college and traded for him as soon as he saw he was disgruntled in atlanta. Are you Mike Sherman himself didn't think too highly of nall as farve's replacement? Afterall, sherman did seem exhilarated about drafting a qb to become favre's successor in published reports. I'm pretty sure sherman saw nall as only a backup, nothing more.

J TES
03-24-2006, 06:46 AM

No, you are greatly overestimating Nall. Favre only played one season in Atlanta, He was a high second round pick who didnt want to be there so they traded him. Oh, and I also think you need to take Warner out of your past G.B. Q.B.'S. I pretty sure the guy never even sutied up for them, who cares if he went to a training camp or two with them? I think you are setting yourself up for a huge fall if you think Nall is going to be anything in this league. If he had anything to offer do you think G.B. would have drafted, and paid all that money for Rodgers if they thought they had something in Nall. Nall is at best a second string QB.

PIZ
03-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Maybe Marv just doesn't like JP. I'm sure he's met with all the players. He said he only wants "team" players. Maybe he doesn't see that in JP. If you were hired at a company and when you talked to the employees and there was a guy you were paying decent $, but you totally disliked him and it was someone you didn't feel comfortable giving the keys to a department, wouldn't you lay him off or fire him? I think Marv just doesn't like the guy.

dannyek71
03-24-2006, 07:24 AM
I highly doubt anyone would give us a 1st for JP, and since we spent a 1st, 2nd and a large chunk of last year with him at qb that is a pretty large investment to make.

GIVE THE KID A CHANCE

~8 games is nothing. Took Eli, Peyton and almost every other good qb outside of rothlesberger(sp) and brady 1 or 2 years of starting to develop. Mcnabb was awful his 1st year at qb, and he had a better team around him IMHO.

dannyek71
03-24-2006, 07:26 AM
If we get rid of JP and draft a QB, that means we effectively lose our first-round pick, #8 overall. It means we regress two years at QB and fail to address other glaring needs. Unless we get lucky, nothing less than a high first-rounder will be a significant upgrade at O-line, D-line or other areas. One of those areas needs that pick.
One might reply, it's not this year's pick we lose, it's the ones used on JP two years ago. I say it's this year's because we need this year's to address this year's need(s).

i agree. I love it how last year people stated how they knew jp needed time to learn, but after 2 games many of these same people were calling for his head.

HHURRICANE
03-24-2006, 07:27 AM
I highly doubt anyone would give us a 1st for JP, and since we spent a 1st, 2nd and a large chunk of last year with him at qb that is a pretty large investment to make.

GIVE THE KID A CHANCE

~8 games is nothing. Took Eli, Peyton and almost every other good qb outside of rothlesberger(sp) and brady 1 or 2 years of starting to develop. Mcnabb was awful his 1st year at qb, and he had a better team around him IMHO.

Yes, yes and yes. Somebody get's it!!!

HAMMER
03-24-2006, 09:09 AM
This rumor isn't going away, I think Bill fan should be more open minded to the fact that TD was no better at spotting talent then DW or R.Speilman.

Ouch!

HAMMER
03-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Kirwan is an idiot!

Kirwan is FAR from an idiot, he is one of the most knowledgeable writers/commentators in the business. He is very friendly, professional, and his comment/thoughts are always concise and usually spot on. I listen to him a couple times a week on Sirius, he is the best they have and the best NFL talk show guy I have heard.

Why is every announcer an "idiot"?

HHURRICANE
03-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Kirwan is FAR from an idiot, he is one of the most knowledgeable writers/commentators in the business. He is very friendly, professional, and his comment/thoughts are always concise and usually spot on. I listen to him a couple times a week on Sirius, he is the best they have and the best NFL talk show guy I have heard.

Why is every announcer an "idiot"?

I agree. As I said before, we deserve our beating. How anyone can think we had a good run in FA is nuts.

G. Host
03-24-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9330785

He is the guy that hinted this on Sirius earlier. then about a day or so later he said he had some insider telling him the Bills were thinking of shopping JP for a 4th or 5th rounder.

Why does his favorite team, the Cowboys, need a backup?