PDA

View Full Version : JP's personality

Saratoga Slim
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
What's this guy really like? Is he on thin ice just because of his relatively poor play last season? Or is he also sincerely disliked by the team?

I can't believe that his performance last season, with numerous mitigating circumstances making it difficult to concretely evaluate his ability, would be enough to have trade rumors circulating. Seems like there's got to be something more, and the only thing I can think of is that the team and OBD just don't like his personality, don't view him as a leader, and therefore don't want him driving the ship.

Anybody got some scoop?

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 04:52 PM
If I were to GUESS....

1) Marv is sick of hearing about it. Having JP here he is always going to have to answer JP this, JP That BS. It is a distraction for the team.

2) I think JP has rubbed some Vets the wrong way. He is a leader, but needs to learn how to lead. I know that sounds wierd but it isn't. JP Busts ass and expects his fellow team mates to do the same, but being a youngster he needed to lead by example more than talk.

3) Marv just wants a QB up to speed THIS year period. If JP can do it, I bet he is the QB. If he can't, he's gone for reason #1.

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 04:55 PM
I kinda felt he was too arrogant for someone who didn't do squat. Immaturity I guess. I guess it's because he knew he was TD's love child and knew it. , Now he doesn't have TD to hold his hand so he's gonna have to be one of the guys and earn their respect the old fahioned way.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 05:05 PM
I kinda felt he was too arrogant for someone who didn't do squat. Immaturity I guess. I guess it's because he knew he was TD's love child and knew it. , Now he doesn't have TD to hold his hand so he's gonna have to be one of the guys and earn their respect the old fahioned way.

So was Jim Kelly, he got it turned around

This kid aint going anywhere in 2006.

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 05:11 PM

JIm Kelly was a proven Qb even before he joined the bills. He played for a real college team and was very successful. You can't play for a team like Tulane and come into the pros. with an attitude.

I like JP. I like his confidence but after last seasons performance (which wasn't his fault) I suggest he simmers his arrogance down and prove it on the field this time. He needs to prove that he wasn't amistake.

"i'm so ready for the season to start" . No you weren't .

Under promise and over deliver.

Kerr
03-23-2006, 05:13 PM
I think a lot of people are looking too much into it. I'm pretty sure Lee Evans has no problem with him after his comments after the KC game. I'm sure he won't have anymore problems with Moulds on the way out who was creating an anti-losman campaign.
Not that it's a big deal, but didn't losman get a haircut? That's almost a sign of making a good impression on the new regime. Marv emphasizez character and I suppose impressions factor into that. Could be Jp got the memo?

Considering the numbers he put up last season in his second year, i'd say Jp is in pretty good shape, especially with a new offense that fits his talents.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 05:19 PM
I am going with a bold prediction...If JP isn't the starter this year, he won't be on this roster. Just the feeling I am getting from Marv.

JP must improve GREATLY to be the Bills QB this year. I feel the cards are actually stacked against him. That said, QB competition is Bull crap, it doesn't exist. We will know by the start of the end of 3rd preseason game out of 5 who the starter is for the 06 season.

Just keep an eye on who gets the reps with the first string in camp and who gets to THROW the most in the preseason games with the first string. That will tell you who the starter is.

Kerr
03-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Just keep an eye on who gets the reps with the first string in camp and who gets to THROW the most in the preseason games with the first string. That will tell you who the starter is.

That's always obvious, Ice.
Basically they are all starting fresh, with jp and holcomb having the edge over nall as far as starting experience in this league goes. nfl europe doesn't count.

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 05:26 PM
I am going with a bold prediction...If JP isn't the starter this year, he won't be on this roster. Just the feeling I am getting from Marv.

JP must improve GREATLY to be the Bills QB this year. I feel the cards are actually stacked against him. That said, QB competition is Bull crap, it doesn't exist. We will know by the start of the end of 3rd preseason game out of 5 who the starter is for the 06 season.

Just keep an eye on who gets the reps with the first string in camp and who gets to THROW the most in the preseason games with the first string. That will tell you who the starter is. That's because you're a JP lover. Just because Marv didn't endorse him, you're all nervous.

My prediction. JP and Nall are our future with the latter being the back-up.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 05:28 PM
That's because you're a JP lover. Just because Marv didn't endorse him, you're all nervous.

holy crap, I actually agree with you 101%

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 05:29 PM
That's always obvious, Ice.
Basically they are all starting fresh, with jp and holcomb having the edge over nall as far as starting experience in this league goes. nfl europe doesn't count.

NFLE DOES count to NFL Coaches. If it didn't why send them? It definately matters.

And for it being so obvious about the snaps why have a QB competition? Why the BS? The players aren't stupid, they are going to see who gets the most reps. I can tell you this, this 'Competition' won't last much past the 3rd game of preseason IF it goes that long. You can't hamstring the start of your season with this BS. The team needs a set starter for at least two preseason games and no less than 3 full weeks before kickoff.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 05:31 PM
That's because you're a JP lover. Just because Marv didn't endorse him, you're all nervous.

How many times are you going to be wrong on this? I don't care who the QB is, you don't screw him the way he got screwed last year.

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 05:34 PM
NFLE DOES count to NFL Coaches. If it didn't why send them? It definately matters.

And for it being so obvious about the snaps why have a QB competition? Why the BS? The players aren't stupid, they are going to see who gets the most reps. I can tell you this, this 'Competition' won't last much past the 3rd game of preseason IF it goes that long. You can't hamstring the start of your season with this BS. The team needs a set starter for at least two preseason games and no less than 3 full weeks before kickoff. There have been more successful players coming out of the CFL. Why didn't Marv bring in qb's from there?

Nall's NFLE and preseason performance were the two highlights of his career that mArv had to throw out there to justify signing Nall. I doubt the guy is ready to be no.1 though. So don't put too much into what Marv said about Nall. GM's say positive things when they are asked about who they just signed.

justasportsfan
03-23-2006, 05:38 PM
How many times are you going to be wrong on this? I don't care who the QB is, you don't screw him the way he got screwed last year. How am I wrong? Because you say so? Camp hasn't even started so I am neither wrong nor right.

Man, do I have to be the one to put you and your best friend Pat in your place ? :D.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 05:58 PM
How am I wrong? Because you say so? Camp hasn't even started so I am neither wrong nor right.

Man, do I have to be the one to put you and your best friend Pat in your place ? :D.

You have never and can never put me in my place.

camelcowboy
03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
I heard from a former tightend who just signed with New Orleans that will remain nameless, that JP is not liked by many in the locker room, and he would be shocked if he was still on the team. But that was in december, i think its safe to say that he has rubbed vets the wrong way. But i still think he should get a shot.

patmoran2006
03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
You have never and can never put me in my place.

How did your "positive rep" go up about 13,000 points in less than one day?

Coincidently your BZ bux dropped down mightily.. ?

EDS
03-23-2006, 06:11 PM

But you are saying in a different post today that the Bills are likely going to draft Vince Young. Are they going keep Losman if they draft Young? Which is it?

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 06:13 PM
I heard from a former tightend who just signed with New Orleans that will remain nameless, that JP is not liked by many in the locker room, and he would be shocked if he was still on the team. But that was in december, i think its safe to say that he has rubbed vets the wrong way. But i still think he should get a shot.

I heard from an all pro punter for some team in the AFCE That the skins wanted to trade for, that Adams, Milloy, Moulds, Teague and Campbell were the ones going to MM and leading the charge to get JP Benched.

Where are those players now?

camelcowboy
03-23-2006, 06:18 PM
I heard from an all pro punter for some team in the AFCE That the skins wanted to trade for, that Adams, Milloy, Moulds, Teague and Campbell were the ones going to MM and leading the charge to get JP Benched.

Where are those players now?

Well, thats why the tightend who was cut by the bills who is on your list probally could have been cut, or it could be he was aging, offen injuried overpaid, and under performing. Like every person on your list. But it could be because there is a Gm in town. New Gms tend to want their own players, thats why i fear JP maybe somewhere else when training camp begins

Billsrock4life
03-23-2006, 07:53 PM
well i dont know that much about him im pretty sure he was called cocky or sumthin like that by a couple reporters when he was in the draft. I met him at Jim Kelly football camp and he seemed pretty cool dosn't talk very much but a couple reporters came to the camp 1 day and were asking him about his thoughts for this upcoming season and he seemed pretty conifdent in his responses and pretty much said what he thought

TigerJ
03-23-2006, 11:03 PM
I have no clue what's going on. I'll just wait it out and react when whatever happens happens.

Kerr
03-24-2006, 12:17 AM

And for it being so obvious about the snaps why have a QB competition? Why the BS? The players aren't stupid, they are going to see who gets the most reps. I can tell you this, this 'Competition' won't last much past the 3rd game of preseason IF it goes that long. You can't hamstring the start of your season with this BS. The team needs a set starter for at least two preseason games and no less than 3 full weeks before kickoff.

nfle is a development league for players so they can gain some playing time and work out their game, but it's not the same as the nfl. Most of the guys who play in nfle never go on to start a regular season game.

Jp is expected to be the set starter going into camp. Realistically, guys like holcomb and nall don't match talent to talent with jp. The offense calls for a qb like losman. It's almost close to the offense he ran at tulane. High powered offense. TD and co limited and contained jp. They wanted him to be a power running game qb. He's not that type of qb.