PDA

View Full Version : You can add the super bowl champs to..

acehole
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Those of you who said Moulds is worth sqaut....

you were wrong...

STEELERS INTERESTED IN MOULDS

A league source tells us that the Pittsburgh Steelers are interested in acquiring receiver Eric Moulds from the Buffalo Bills "if the price is right."

In this regard, that could have two meanings. First, there's the price to pay the Bills to get him. Then, there's the price that Moulds will want.

Moulds, a ten-year veteran, has twice been asked to take a pay cut for 2006, and has consistently refused. The team recently authorized him to solicit trade offers.

He's scheduled to earn $6.089 million in base salary in 2006, and $7.25 million in 2007.

The Steelers don't typically break the bank for players from other teams, and Moulds might be willing to take less in Pittsburgh than he could get elsewhere, given the strong likelihood that the Steelers will be in the thick of things again in the 2006 postseason.

ICE74129
03-23-2006, 08:17 PM
There will be plenty of teams interested in moulds for the right price. The major thing is his attitude toward his contract. But I don't let him go for less than a 3rd round pick. If TD can get a 3rd for friggin Henry, we ought to be able to get a 2nd or 3rd for moulds.

Or moulds can sit out, Be fined, then deactivated.

Devin
03-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Woulds on the field is still a #1 guy, as such we should be compinsated accordingly.

I dont give a F who is interested so long as they pony up a pick.

HHURRICANE
03-23-2006, 08:58 PM
It would be great to get something for Moulds. I think Eric would like playing for the Steelers and would probably take less helping to actually make the trade happen.

WE ARE NOT GETTING a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Henry was under contract for not alot of money which helped on the trade. the Bills would have kept Henry if we didn't get what we wanted. Most teams know that they can wait it out and watch Moulds get released because we do not want to pay him.

4th Rounder is way more likely.

McBFLO
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
the steelers have the last pick in each round, if Im not mistaken. so, a 3rd rounder isnt completely out of the question. it basically is a 4th rounder.

HHURRICANE
03-24-2006, 07:24 AM
the steelers have the last pick in each round, if Im not mistaken. so, a 3rd rounder isnt completely out of the question. it basically is a 4th rounder.

Good point. I was wondering that.

MGinestre
03-24-2006, 07:58 AM
After Moulds was drafted, didn't Cowher bash the pick, saying that Moulds wasn't a character guy and that he would not have taken him if he was the last person in the draft. It had something to do with Moulds ordering pizza at practice. Funny how things turn arounds.

I'm glad he's going elsewhere. Will he quit on his teammates again because Pitt throws the ball less than anyone in the league? Anyone who short arms passes is all about himself. Good riddance.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-24-2006, 08:41 AM
After Moulds was drafted, didn't Cowher bash the pick, saying that Moulds wasn't a character guy and that he would not have taken him if he was the last person in the draft. It had something to do with Moulds ordering pizza at practice. Funny how things turn arounds.

I'm glad he's going elsewhere. Will he quit on his teammates again because Pitt throws the ball less than anyone in the league? Anyone who short arms passes is all about himself. Good riddance.

Wrong! Cowher spoke highly of Moulds in recent years. The last few times when they played the Bills, Moulds was always the first name came out of his mouth on Bills most dangerous player - in fact in my memory, Moulds was the only player he mentioned, not even Spikes.

I remember a couple of years ago when they elected not to re-sign Burress, in one of the media discussions, Cowher mentioned Moulds as a model citizen that keeps working hard to maintain playing at a high level.

justasportsfan
03-24-2006, 08:43 AM
The Pats and now Pitts? These guys are dolts if they think Moulds is still a good player. I mean, do these teams even know how to win? :coocoo:

justasportsfan
03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Wrong! Cowher spoke highly of Moulds in recent years. The last few times when they played the Bills, Moulds was always the first name came out of his mouth on Bills most dangerous player - in fact in my memory, Moulds was the only player he mentioned, My money is on Cowher in a spitting match.

Ben is gonna need a poncho. "hey Eric, just like I told the coach, just call me BEN"

Historian
03-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Those of you who said Moulds is worth sqaut....

A league source tells us that the Pittsburgh Steelers are interested in acquiring receiver Eric Moulds from the Buffalo Bills "if the price is right

A. I don't think anyone here ever said that EM "wasn't worth squat".

and

B. Add the Bills to the mix using the operative phrase..."If the price is right."

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Woulds on the field is still a #1 guy, as such we should be compinsated accordingly.

I dont give a F who is interested so long as they pony up a pick.

I will say right now 4 years about 12-14 mill like MeShawn got. That is all the guy is worth now.

He knows it, he just doesn't want to be a Buffalo Bill any longer.

mybills
03-24-2006, 10:54 AM
The Pats and now Pitts? These guys are dolts if they think Moulds is still a good player. I mean, do these teams even know how to win? :coocoo:
:rofl: You're playing both fields with that comment, aren't ya? lol.

madness
03-24-2006, 11:20 AM
A. I don't think anyone here ever said that EM "wasn't worth squat".

Be veeeeeeeery quiet. I'm hunting wabbit...

Eric Moulds is worth about a box of practice tees....If that much.

Get with the program, T.O. was WORTH absolutely NOTHING on the open market. And T.O. is more than 4 times the player that Eric Moulds is. But hey what do I know?

Moulds isnt worth jack squat.

Me-Shawn wont get squat, wont even start.

TO wont get sh_t, and BOTH are better than Moulds at this point.

Jeff1220
03-24-2006, 11:53 AM
I'll take Alan Feneca please!

Bill Cody
03-24-2006, 11:58 AM
If Pitt wants him send him there. I'd be thrilled with a 5th for Moulds. In fact I'm truly shocked he has any trade value at all.

Historian
03-24-2006, 12:02 PM

Okay... fair enough...I'm old.

;)

Ed
03-24-2006, 12:25 PM

You're thinking of Dave Wanstedt. I think he coached or worked with Moulds during the senior bowl or something like that. And after the Bills drafted him in 96, Wanstedt was quoted as saying that he wouldn't have even used the very last pick in the draft to take Moulds.

I'm pretty sure Moulds got the last laugh on that one...

Mr. Pink
03-24-2006, 05:40 PM

Moulds as a player is a hell of an addition to any teams squad.

The he is worth a box of practice tees comment?
That is what his trade value is. Combine his age, salary, attitude and what his advisors have said and it doesn't take much to deduce that one.

Don't twist around things I said to fit your own agenda. I was refering to what Emo was worth as far as trades go and comparing that with what TO was worth in the market as far as trade value.

And NO one is going to questions TO's ability, hell he might be the best WR in the game right now.

Thanks. :)

Jeff1220
03-24-2006, 05:52 PM
You're thinking of Dave Wanstedt. I think he coached or worked with Moulds during the senior bowl or something like that. And after the Bills drafted him in 96, Wanstedt was quoted as saying that he wouldn't have even used the very last pick in the draft to take Moulds.

I'm pretty sure Moulds got the last laugh on that one...

Well, this explains why Mould always had his best games against the Dolphins.