PDA

View Full Version : I think I understand Marvs plan on Eric now...

acehole
03-24-2006, 08:06 AM
What Marv is saying....Eric we want to keep you......but your cost is to high...

Eric said "no it isnt..."

Marv said "yes it is..."

Eric ..".is not!"

Marv .."is to!"

Ok then we wont cut you...but go find a team willing to trade for you.....
But in return most likley the team that trades for you will want either a long term or a reduction/renegotiation.

Now if Eric doesnt find a suitor...Marv wins....

Because Marv can say "See I told you...nobody wanted you because you price was to high"

Eric says" No I have a deal in place but don't want my new team to give you a valued draft pick.

Marv will then say fine..I got an offer from "X" team who is not good with a worse qb situation...and we will trade you for a bucket of chicken and a 5th rounder...or we will hold on to you and if you sit we win because you will not be paid and you will count less against our cap which is what we wanted in the first place. You will end up in a worse situation then you are in now.

Now if eric is smart he will look for the highest bidder why?

The higher the pick we get for him......the higher his dollars become.

IE first round pick (Unlikley) First round money..
Second round pick second round money

He looks good we look good it all good.

If nobody traded for him Marv can say see.....I told you so... now renegotiate or shut up....we gave you a shot nobody wanted you...so where is your so called "Value".

Brilliant!

Think about it.

SquishDaFish
03-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Very true. Great posting.

jamze132
03-24-2006, 08:25 AM
I think Levy truely wants to keep him. Isn't he the only player on the roster from the good ole' days? But I do agree, his cap number is too high. Moulds will find out that he won't be making over 7 mil this year on any team. It's really in his best interest to restructure. And I am sure that it can be done to reward Moulds for the great years he has given us. BUT... on the otherhand, if we can find a trade partner to get us another pick on Day 1, I say do it. Unless of course he restructures. Then... welcome back, go catch a few passes!

acehole
03-24-2006, 08:38 AM
The other angle to this is ..

The fight or flight idea.

Eric is a warrior.

He sees the writing on the wall with lee evans...

Somthing is under the radar with him and JP.

JP Sees Lee with 3 steps on his corner and E moulds with one.

Jp is thinking I got Holcolm breathing down my neck I can risk a pick...here you go Lee.
Marv "
Same thing happened with Andre Reed when moulds came into the picture..

Or when posters threaten to leave the board if they are not anointed King Pubaaa of all posters.

Rather then face his mortality he would rather be the man elsewhere.

"Flight"

Marv say well eric no we got this qb from GB it is all good now....possibly.

Go out try to get your cash...if we match it will you consider staying?

Eric " I don't know let me ask some people I know and see what Pat Moran thinks and I will get back to you..."

Marv said "K"

Gunzlingr
03-24-2006, 09:11 AM
:rofl:

bernielivsey_1
03-24-2006, 10:39 AM
:limpclap: Now I understand..................................................I think :nuk:

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Here is the only problem, Moulds EGO. Well his ego is going to bite him in the arse. Keyshawn just got a 3.5 mill per contract. What does moulds think he is going to get? The 30% reduction and not paying him the 1 mill reporting bonus still pays him about 4.26 mill this year. MORE than most WR's have gotten in thier contracts in free agency.

Moulds needs to STFU and Wake TFU and just take the 30% cut.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 10:43 AM
:limpclap: Now I understand..................................................I think :nuk:

Dude, that was rather confusing. heh

ParanoidAndroid
03-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Eric " I don't know let me ask some people I know and see what Pat Moran thinks and I will get back to you..."

:rofl:

madness
03-24-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree, Marv is playing this out perfectly.