PDA

View Full Version : Keshawn a Panther.

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 10:26 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5439586

I have to say I am not shocked. I feel Meshawn will be. Not one player on that team will allow him to shoot off at Delhome the way he has with his other QB's. Jake runs the show down there. Steve Smith will put the guy in his place damn quick as well.

There is one and only one #1 WR for the panthers and that isn't changing. I personally can't wait for MEshawn to screw up. It will be funny watching a pro player get his arse beat by 1/2 his own team on the side lines :roflmao:

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Yep. That's Steve Smith's house and Keyshawn is just paying rent.

That being said, Carolina is a f'n dangerous team.. They upgraded at WR and Center... got Foster back and they got KEMO for defense who MORE than makes up for Buckner.

They did loose Spoon and McCree though

TedMock
03-24-2006, 10:36 AM
What a great signing for them. I don't like Meshawn any more than anybody else, but I have to be realistic. First of all, the guy is one of the best blocking WR's in the game. Second, although he's not the greatness that he feels he is, he is indeed a fantastic "possession" receiver. On 3rd and 6, there are few WR's that I'd rather have. Big body, catches in traffic, and gets first downs. I still hate him, but a very good signing to compliment Steve Smith.

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 10:39 AM
What a great signing for them. I don't like Meshawn any more than anybody else, but I have to be realistic. First of all, the guy is one of the best blocking WR's in the game. Second, although he's not the greatness that he feels he is, he is indeed a fantastic "possession" receiver. On 3rd and 6, there are few WR's that I'd rather have. Big body, catches in traffic, and gets first downs. I still hate him, but a very good signing to compliment Steve Smith.

Here is what I think happened. He met with Fox and the GM. They informed him no matter what, he is #2. Smith gets the meat of the balls. If MeShawn only gets 3-4 catches a game, tough. If you can handle that, and not be stupid enough to get in this QB's face, we would like to have you here. If not, thanks for stopping by.

I am telling you right now, that is Jake Delhome's team. It isn't like anywhere he has been before. He won't get in Jakes grill like he did the three other places he played.

TedMock
03-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Here is what I think happened. He met with Fox and the GM. They informed him no matter what, he is #2. Smith gets the meat of the balls. If MeShawn only gets 3-4 catches a game, tough. If you can handle that, and not be stupid enough to get in this QB's face, we would like to have you here. If not, thanks for stopping by.

I am telling you right now, that is Jake Delhome's team. It isn't like anywhere he has been before. He won't get in Jakes grill like he did the three other places he played.

He's somewhat used to it anyway. Even though he's been the number one guy, he's played opposite some good WR's with big personalities; McCardell, Terry Glenn.

don137
03-24-2006, 12:23 PM

Actually Fox is on vacation so he never met with Meshawn. Smith did ask Meshawn to sign with the Panthers.

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Actually Fox is on vacation so he never met with Meshawn. Smith did ask Meshawn to sign with the Panthers.

I guarantee vacation or not, MEshawn isn't on that team without Fox's aproval