PDA

View Full Version : Willis being back shows the progress we are making

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060324/2059317.asp

Read it. He says all we need to know. It's apperant that if DJ and company can get Willis to be here instead of at 'Tha U' then they are doing some things right already.

It is becoming more and more apperant how bad it was in regards to the players relationship with MM. They didn't like him, Believe in him or his 'system'.

Good luck Fins, you are gonna need it with that moron running your offense down there :roflmao:

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm impressed he's here early and working out.

I also suspect he's treating this as a contract year.

Patrick76777
03-24-2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060324/2059317.asp

Read it. He says all we need to know. It's apperant that if DJ and company can get Willis to be here instead of at 'Tha U' then they are doing some things right already.

It is becoming more and more apperant how bad it was in regards to the players relationship with MM. They didn't like him, Believe in him or his 'system'.

Good luck Fins, you are gonna need it with that moron running your offense down there :roflmao:
I personally think that this dude got a bad rap last year.

Before the season most thought that he was the best back in the league. Then in week 8 he’s #3 in the league in rushing. Then he doesn’t have a great second half of the season (a second half where the whole team was terrible) and people are saying that he’ll never be great!

It’s just crazy.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
I personally think that this dude got a bad rap last year.

Before the season most thought that he was the best back in the league. Then in week 8 he’s #3 in the league in rushing. Then he doesn’t have a great second half of the season (a second half where the whole team was terrible) and people are saying that he’ll never be great!

It’s just crazy.

During the season WILLIS said he was the best back in the league.

I never said he wont be great. I think he's going to be a top-five back in the league. Having an offensive line who can hit the hole before he does would probably help him out a little bit.

ParanoidAndroid
03-24-2006, 10:59 AM
You mean instead of getting in the way, offensive linemen can clear the way?
Cool! :D

bernielivsey_1
03-24-2006, 11:03 AM
:cool: Let's hope he catches a few more balls though. I saw him shift out of the backfield and run a few patterns back in Miami and I know he can still catch. :dance2: Almost as good as Josh Reed. :poop:

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Willis actually has decent hands.. I have NO CLUE why Mularkey took him out so much on third downs...

Then again, Mularkey always outsmart..himself so that's no shock.

Patrick76777
03-24-2006, 11:07 AM

I never said he wont be great. I think he's going to be a top-five back in the league. Having an offensive line who can hit the hole before he does would probably help him out a little bit.

If you never said it, Then I wasn't talking about you.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 11:56 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_BILLS_MCGAHEE?SITE=NYBUE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-03-24-08-06-22
AP Article on Willis.

Ed
03-24-2006, 12:09 PM
This might be my favorite article of the off-season so far. I know sometimes Willis can say things that rub some fans the wrong way because it comes off as too arrogant and cocky, but I thought everything he said here was great. I like how Willis always talks about actually playing like and being a champion, as opposed to a lot of players that just talk about going out and doing the best they can. He sets the bar as high as he can and doesn't shy away from it. I like that he didn't try and make excuses for last year too.

With the dissapointment of last season, a new regime, and questions about his attitude and what not, I really didn't know what to expect from McGahee. The fact that he's excited to be back in Buffalo though, and is ready to work hard has me excited too.

ArcticWildMan
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Attitude is a huge part of a team's performance. It sounds like the entire team is coming in with a new one and that is a vast improvement over last year. I still remember the interviews with TKO last year and he wasn't too excited which was a big warning sign in hindsight of how bad things were going to get.

Even if we haven't made any huge FA signings you gotta give Marv and the staff he's consolidated credit for this.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Attitude is a huge part of a team's performance. It sounds like the entire team is coming in with a new one and that is a vast improvement over last year. I still remember the interviews with TKO last year and he wasn't too excited which was a big warning sign in hindsight of how bad things were going to get.

Even if we haven't made any huge FA signings you gotta give Marv and the staff he's consolidated credit for this.
The first line you said there is the most underated thing in football-attitude- and I agree with you 100%

But I disagree about your take on TKO.. Last year, him and Fletch were saying our defense was going to Rival the 1985 Bears, thats how confident he was in this team.

DarbyTheDinosaur
03-24-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm impressed he's here early and working out.

I also suspect he's treating this as a contract year.

Chicken Little. Always a negative for any good story.

SquishDaFish
03-24-2006, 02:02 PM
How true that is Darby.

Mr. Pink
03-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Responding with some one being in a "contract year" isn't a bad thing. It generally shows that they're gonna play that much harder when the time comes. It would seem to make on believe that Pat actually thinks Willis is going to go out and have a career year, which, surprise surprise, would make the product on the field better and we might win a few games here and there. Odd theory, I know.

tat2dmike77
03-24-2006, 03:13 PM
I'll be happy when they stop referring to it as THA U

What moron came up with that anyway. Whomever it is needs to kicked in the nuts.

Back to topic

Obviously there is a anthor motivation for willis :zb: He knows if he has a great year he can use that to his advantage for a new higher paying contract. He knows he is important to the team. Is him showing up a positive sign yeah. I'm sure rosenass is telling his clients to not take the TO approach. We all see how that worked out for him. Sure he got his deal in dallass but look what it did to him.

So rosenass is probly whispering into McGahees ear sayin don't goto miami to work out go with your team. It will look better and you might be more accepted in buffalo for it.

Mitchy moo
03-24-2006, 03:13 PM
I think Willis realizes that he is in a travis henry situation now. There are some people that would love to take his spot and the Bills could draft someone to do that. Willis wants to make sure he has a job and looks good in the contract year, he'll run like a demon this year. OPIV, ICE & Kini could be on the O-line and Willis will still get 1,700 yards.

Mski
03-24-2006, 04:51 PM
willis better run like a demon he's "the best running back in the NFL" i think this year is a put up or shut up year for him i also believe that he hasnt shown anything to me to prove that he is an upgrade over henry. i hope he proves me wrong this year

Voltron
03-24-2006, 05:20 PM

A football player who has a huge chip on his shoulder!!???

No ... it can't be :shakeno:

If he said he was the 3rd best back in the league I would question his heart.

:idunno:

If you can convince yourself you are the best you can play your best.