PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Predicitions??

Buckets
03-24-2006, 11:55 AM
We have to get Young or I'll just Sh**. We better get Huff!!! YADA YADA YADA

Lest we forget I dug up a couple of old web sites

seahawks.scout.com/2/252568.html and

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/47584.html

Interesting how high some people were on some of the players.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Your asking for Predictions? well then
1- Ngata
2- Davin Joseph
3- Some Tackle
3B- some safety

Marvelous
03-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Pat, why would we just draft based on immediate needs/openings?
I know that's what sounds practical but we do need RB depth and a WR, and at some point a rookie QB, So the later the round on those guys the more the process to. Ya know??

I'm thinking NT/DT is either 1st or 2nd rounder. Assuming we don't get a FA pre-draft.. Matv kinda has us backed into a corner @safety. Maybe he thinks Vincent will be OK. I don't. Bowens is not Coy Wire form what i've heard from a Skins fan. Bowens or Baker can play SS. So as big a need that Safey is because Vincent blows and this is def his last year here, and SS is a "?", I could see us tending it day 1. My point is i just domn't think we are locked in on those positions like you mantioned....Atleast i hope not...

camelcowboy
03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Vincents fine, he just cant stay healthy. If he stays on the field, He will Flourish in a cover 2. We just need a pass rush. Mario Williams by trade, or Bunkley over Ngata. 2nd round best onlinemen on the board. If your looking for a receiver your best shot is in round three. This is the worst receiver class in years. Best player available for the rest of the draft.

If the gun is to my head Marv trades down.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I know that's what sounds practical but we do need RB depth and a WR, and at some point a rookie QB, So the later the round on those guys the more the process to. Ya know??

I'm thinking NT/DT is either 1st or 2nd rounder. Assuming we don't get a FA pre-draft.. Matv kinda has us backed into a corner @safety. Maybe he thinks Vincent will be OK. I don't. Bowens is not Coy Wire form what i've heard from a Skins fan. Bowens or Baker can play SS. So as big a need that Safey is because Vincent blows and this is def his last year here, and SS is a "?", I could see us tending it day 1. My point is i just domn't think we are locked in on those positions like you mantioned....Atleast i hope not...

I got DT, G, OT and S in that order as our first day draft picks. THey are all needs.. And these are my predictions anyway on what Levy does.

If it was up to me, everybody knows I'm taking Vernon Davis if he's on the board, with Young or Cutler as my second choice.. But thats my opinion, not prediction. Its also of my opinion that Bunkley is better than Ngata, but Marv will take the fatter guy.. I also think thats 100% of the reason he cut Adams, knowing Ngata is there.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 12:22 PM

LOL dude I get blasted left and right for my VErnon Davis campaign, so trust me I wouldnt draft first round based on need.. I take potential franchise player over need every time in round one.

I was sticking to the posters thread; predictions.

Marvelous
03-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Why draft on our current nees with the first 4-5 picks? Their not gonna be that effective as rookies, Atleast not all of em, and not gonna beat out others to start..

Yeah we need a guard and S, but there's always FA next season too. We're not making a run this year anyways so o-line or d-line with the 1st and bpa the rest of the way.. I can justify almost every position. Flecth is a FA next year, and he's aging. Clements might be gone, QB's suck-@ss. We have no TE.. Willis needs a good backup. BPA!

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 12:59 PM
IF its BPA , then its Vernon Davis, hands down. LOL my man you dont gotta sell me on this. Sell everyone else.

Marvelous
03-24-2006, 01:22 PM
I was really high on V.Davis because i though about what player/position would help us the most this season. But TE in the 1st is more for teams who have solid rosters unlike us.. JP needs a solid TE,RB,FB who is a recieving/dumpoff threat. WM & Shelton aren't it! I'd prefer V.Davis if it's a trade down. But i woudn't mind the selection either.. IMO DT,TE,Guard,C,FS aren't top 10 position picks.