PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carruci pisses me OFF.....

bigbub2352
03-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Vic Mr. so called expert got were he is today by covering the Bills for like 20 some odd years , I hear him every Friday on the radio and also On Sports Channel 7 every Sunday and he does nothing but bad mouth everything and anything the Bills try to do, Now I Have to admit I am not a huge fan of this offseason but in MY OPINION, we are better off with the players we got then the players we cut, with one exception Josh Reed.
He absoultley hated JP before he even played a game and constantly rips every move the Bills do, now i know what u r saying we suck so he must be right, but He should be a little bit grateful and remember that his recognition in the NFL came when we covered the Super Bowl Teams here, PLus I am not questioning his Intelligence but whenever he talks about the Bills He is very negative and quick to change topic to a more popular topic like talking about Duante Culpepper or T.O.(sell out) So I guess what I am saying overall is Vic stop taking the money that these stations shell out and go cover another team!! Wondering if I am a minority on this one?

Historian
03-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Carucci knows his stuff.

And he knows it because he does his homework.

I kind of wish he were still a Bills beat reporter....then again, I wish Jim Kelly were still our QB, with Hull snapping him the ball, lol.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Vic Carruci is one of the most unbiased writers out there... Vic Carruci is telling it like it is right now, even if some bills fans dont want to hear it.

Now if you were talking about Jerry Sullivan, who I know for a FACT pretty much relishes in the Bills misery.... Then i'd agree with you a lot more.

bigbub2352
03-24-2006, 01:36 PM
I am not questioning his intelligence at all as a matter of fact i was a huge fan of his It just seems to me that he really doesn't know what is going on here anymore and doesn't care, he didn't even know who the Bills had signed and was getting there names wrong and didn't know much about then he said Melvin Tucker, and didnt know Matt Bowen's name also said that he thinks the Bills offered contracts to the RA Free Agents to shut the fans up. i know it sounds like I am knit picking but it is a trend that I have noticed for a year now, I Definetly agree with about Jerry Sullivan though he is usually against the Bills, Sabres, Bandits even the Buffalo Rapids ha ha

Bufftp
03-24-2006, 01:46 PM
He works out of his him home in the Buffalo area. I met Vic when I was flying to N.Y.C. My first flight in the morning was cancelled, so I got bumped up to first class on the second. Vic sat next me, he was on his way to new york for an interview with a "web based company" the NFL website. We had a great a talk on the flight down-he is a great guy. Knows his football and the Bills.
Right now he is more positive with this Offseason than I am.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 01:46 PM
I am not questioning his intelligence at all as a matter of fact i was a huge fan of his It just seems to me that he really doesn't know what is going on here anymore and doesn't care, he didn't even know who the Bills had signed and was getting there names wrong and didn't know much about then he said Melvin Tucker, and didnt know Matt Bowen's name also said that he thinks the Bills offered contracts to the RA Free Agents to shut the fans up. i know it sounds like I am knit picking but it is a trend that I have noticed for a year now, I Definetly agree with about Jerry Sullivan though he is usually against the Bills, Sabres, Bandits even the Buffalo Rapids ha ha

Carruci still lives here and is around all the time he knows exactly what's going on.

Sullivan gets off on being the "bad guy" as its his job to be the Buffalo News version of a "Woody Paige" or Skip Bayless.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Did you watch Carruci on Murph's show last Sunday? He absolutely blasted into Wilson for being cheap and not addressing the offensive line efficiently through free agency.

This is what he said and I agree with him one million percent..
That if our Offensive line was up to speed with the rest of the league, this is a down year in the division and if we addressed only the offensive line via free agency and the defensive tackle and side through the draft with the vets we have there now (Fletch, Vincent, TKO) that this team could have competed for a playoff spot right now. he said its going to be yet another rebuilding project.

How could you NOT agree with that? We had over $14 million in cap space and that DOESNT INCLUDE Eric Moulds, Bennie Anderson and Coy Wire.

Sign a pair of stud linemen for offense, take Ngata and a safety for defense and this team in a **** division was INSTANTLY in contention.

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Vic and the rest dont get readers by being positive. Don't you watch the news? Stay the course and quit reading that crap.

bigbub2352
03-24-2006, 02:01 PM
AGAIN I am not questioning his intelligence maybe he is just a frustrated fan like us and he gets the real scoop and that is why he is so negative, I guess i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, But it is annoying to listen too because he used to be my only ray of hope. can u feel the tears...

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 02:02 PM
BUB.. I hear ya.. It sucks reading that crap, but right now unfortunately,it's the truth.

don137
03-24-2006, 03:48 PM
I can't disagree with what he says...Until JP does anything why should Carucci be criticle of him? I am a JP fan but the critics will lay into him until he proves them wrong. Carucci is dead on in critcizing the lack of effort addressing the line. Going after a restricted free agent that the Bills never got and signing a backup center is no way to fix the weakest part of the team. You can't expect a rookie(s) to go in there and make everything alright.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 03:51 PM
I can't disagree with what he says...Until JP does anything why should Carucci be criticle of him? I am a JP fan but the critics will lay into him until he proves them wrong. Carucci is dead on in critcizing the lack of effort addressing the line. Going after a restricted free agent that the Bills never got and signing a backup center is no way to fix the weakest part of the team. You can't expect a rookie(s) to go in there and make everything alright.

Well said.

tat2dmike77
03-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Vic Carruci is one of the most unbiased writers out there... Vic Carruci is telling it like it is right now, even if some bills fans dont want to hear it.

Now if you were talking about Jerry Sullivan, who I know for a FACT pretty much relishes in the Bills misery.... Then i'd agree with you a lot more.

Jerry Sullivan is a tard

Your right though Vic is just telling it like it is but i can other points if he is on Channel 7 or whatever he should be talking about the bills. When the subject gets changed to the rest of the NFl fine. But then again i'm just going by what i have read about Vic i've always enjoyed his articles

Sullivan on the other hand i'd like to ***** slap him

LtBillsFan66
03-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Vic Mr. so called expert got were he is today by covering the Bills for like 20 some odd years , I hear him every Friday on the radio and also On Sports Channel 7 every Sunday and he does nothing but bad mouth everything and anything the Bills try to do, Now I Have to admit I am not a huge fan of this offseason but in MY OPINION, we are better off with the players we got then the players we cut, with one exception Josh Reed.
He absoultley hated JP before he even played a game and constantly rips every move the Bills do, now i know what u r saying we suck so he must be right, but He should be a little bit grateful and remember that his recognition in the NFL came when we covered the Super Bowl Teams here, PLus I am not questioning his Intelligence but whenever he talks about the Bills He is very negative and quick to change topic to a more popular topic like talking about Duante Culpepper or T.O.(sell out) So I guess what I am saying overall is Vic stop taking the money that these stations shell out and go cover another team!! Wondering if I am a minority on this one?
How the hell are we better with the playes we picked up vs the ones we lost?

I know it's still early, but on paper, we are a lot worse than we were last year.

HAMMER
03-24-2006, 04:01 PM
BUB.. I hear ya.. It sucks reading that crap, but right now unfortunately,it's the truth.

Not as much as reading yours!

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Not as much as reading yours!
LoL

bigbub2352
03-24-2006, 04:38 PM
You tell me what badass Mark Campbell and Monster Sam Adams And head Hunter Lawyer Milloy, and dont forget Future HOF 4th pick overall Mike Fat Williams did on this team in there ten year here that helped us do anything they had one year if that remember how bad we sucked with those guys on the team Fowler is not a backup center he was a starter, Back to Vic again I am not questioning his intelligence at all, it is how he has been lately I have watched the Bills My whole life followed them to a tee like all of us have, I played football my whole life in HS and in college and semi pro which means nothing but the fact that i do no alittle about the game, I have met Vic also while working security and he is a great guy, what I am saying is he was criticizing JP before he ever took a snap, Don't tell me the national media doesn't bash the Bills they only report on them when we suck I can name many times Inside the NFL didn't even have a Highlight when we won, or watching Primetime and they show one play from our game, but when the Bucs, NE, PHI, play it is 20 minutes on each and since Vic has become NFL.com guy I have noticed a turn against the Bills in MY OPINION! I read all the articles and the papers, I am just saying as of late he sucks How come we were the but of a joke for the Burger King Commercial if we are not portrayed as a joke to everyone else I am just saying he made a career here it would be nice if he supported us a little better lately that is it... plus they never talk about the bills on NFL LIve ever unless it is negative, I am also a season ticket holder like alot of you and i go to a different away game every year for the last ten years and seen how other fans act when you talk about the bills All i am saying is it would be nice to have someone in our corner for a change someone who built his career here !!

jt3631
03-24-2006, 04:55 PM
:curtsey:I respect Carucci about as much as I respected the "Coach"...that moron that had an ax to grind because he was justifible fired by the Bills....where is the coach right now...feeding whales somewhere????:dj:

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 06:32 PM
You tell me what badass Mark Campbell and Monster Sam Adams And head Hunter Lawyer Milloy, and dont forget Future HOF 4th pick overall Mike Fat Williams did on this team in there ten year here that helped us do anything they had one year if that remember how bad we sucked with those guys on the team Fowler is not a backup center he was a starter, Back to Vic again I am not questioning his intelligence at all, it is how he has been lately I have watched the Bills My whole life followed them to a tee like all of us have, I played football my whole life in HS and in college and semi pro which means nothing but the fact that i do no alittle about the game, I have met Vic also while working security and he is a great guy, what I am saying is he was criticizing JP before he ever took a snap, Don't tell me the national media doesn't bash the Bills they only report on them when we suck I can name many times Inside the NFL didn't even have a Highlight when we won, or watching Primetime and they show one play from our game, but when the Bucs, NE, PHI, play it is 20 minutes on each and since Vic has become NFL.com guy I have noticed a turn against the Bills in MY OPINION! I read all the articles and the papers, I am just saying as of late he sucks How come we were the but of a joke for the Burger King Commercial if we are not portrayed as a joke to everyone else I am just saying he made a career here it would be nice if he supported us a little better lately that is it... plus they never talk about the bills on NFL LIve ever unless it is negative, I am also a season ticket holder like alot of you and i go to a different away game every year for the last ten years and seen how other fans act when you talk about the bills All i am saying is it would be nice to have someone in our corner for a change someone who built his career here !!

I agree with you AND I disagree at the same time.

YOu're right about some things.. The national media has always treated Buffalo like a joke.. It all started with that scumbag from NYC in Mike Lupica.. We became a running joke because of the Super Bowl flops and he was the leader of that ****. years later, REAL football fans know how great those Bills teams were, even Lupica does now. We do get shut out of the national spotlight alot, such as HBO, ESPN, etc. I think in part its for two reasons
1) Lets be honest, for the better part of a decade we haven't been very good.
2) A lack of Marqee names. TKO gets us some national ink, Flutie did, Bledsoe for a short while. But after that we havent had many of the "characters" that the national media is really interested in.
(This is one of several reasons why I think Vince Young would be a good pick for us, but that's TOTALLY off the subject).

But to me, Carucci has always been fair. If you follow NFL.com he's one of the FEW who gets Buffalo any ink when things are going good.. compared to others I'd almost call him a "homer"

On the otherhand you have PLENTY of other local media who almost THRIVE on Bills failure

* I know firsthand that Sullivan doesn't root for the Bills to win.. I"ll give you an example too
(In 2002, Drew's first game with Buffalo, I covered the Bills/Jets home opener.. In the press box I was seated right next to him... I dont know if you remember that game, but our special teams was AWFUL! Chad Morton ran a kick back and they had several more good returns. That game went to OT and the jets won the toss. We kicked off and Morton returned the kick for a TD and we lost. I thought he was going to jump out of his seat he was so happy, as it gave him a great "column angle".. To me, thats **** when you cover a local team.) In his defense, its part of his job duty, to be "that guy." You cuss him out , hate him, and the next day you put 50 cents onthe counter and read his column again.

* The Coach was a total joke he's not worth getting into
(But just for fun, my buddies used to call him up and PURPOSELY say stupid things to set him off for fun.. such as "its time to bench Thurman and start Kenny Davis- Jim Kelly is a choke artist, etc).. Coach was a tool

* Mike Schoop I dont think roots against the bills but he's EXTREMELY hard on them when things are bad. I think the motto at WGR is Fighting on air with fans = ratings.

* Howard Simon isnt as harsh as SChoop but he's a little over the top as well.

Compared to those guys, Carucci wears a Bills jersey at the game. I really like him a lot, but that's just my opinion.

Turf
03-24-2006, 07:23 PM

How do you expect anyone to read this ****.

Philagape
03-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Carucci is one of the most knowledgeable and classy writers out there. He's not a prima donna like so many who just want to sound cool or something. And unlike some national writers, he actually knows what he's talking about when writing about the Bills.

I chatted with him once at TC, he was really nice.

I also copy edited some of his stuff when I interned at the News. I caught a minor error and he was cool about it.

Dozerdog
03-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Carrucci is great.

I had the pleasure of being one of his first callers on his "Press Coverage" NFL show on Sirius satelite. it was 8:30 AM on a Sunday morning in the offseason.

One of the Best in the business

bigbub2352
03-24-2006, 09:25 PM
I agree with alot of the points you make pat... Just given my opinion on how i thought he has been as of late

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Carucci is one of the most knowledgeable and classy writers out there. He's not a prima donna like so many who just want to sound cool or something. And unlike some national writers, he actually knows what he's talking about when writing about the Bills.

I chatted with him once at TC, he was really nice.

I also copy edited some of his stuff when I interned at the News. I caught a minor error and he was cool about it.

When did you intern at the news?

Philagape
03-24-2006, 11:11 PM
When did you intern at the news?

Summer of 93

feelthepain
03-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Vics giving the Fins mad love right now, but he bashed them like crazy when Wanny was the coach for nearly every move he made. I think he respects the Fins coaching.....now. I try not to live and die by what I read, but if you're reading bad reports from most of the media be it local or national then that should tell you the Bills have a lot to prove and their not helping their cause by being non participants in FA.