PDA

View Full Version : True Bills fans....

OpIv37
03-24-2006, 02:08 PM
According to ICE, I'm not a true fan because I said something negative about the team.

I apologize. I guess I'm supposed to be satisfied with 5-11. I guess I'm supposed to be satisfied with one new starter on the worst O-line in the NFL. I guess I'm supposed to be satisfied with having only one starting-caliber DT. I guess I'm supposed to be satisfied watching two division opponents upgrade while we remain virtually unchanged from a horrid season.

After all, true Bills fans only accept mediocrity or worse.

Meathead
03-24-2006, 02:19 PM
youre forgiven

now get me a beer and some chips

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 02:22 PM
According to ICE, I'm not a true fan because I said something negative about the team.

I apologize. I guess I'm supposed to be satisfied with 5-11. I guess I'm supposed to be satisfied with one new starter on the worst O-line in the NFL. I guess I'm supposed to be satisfied with having only one starting-caliber DT. I guess I'm supposed to be satisfied watching two division opponents upgrade while we remain virtually unchanged from a horrid season.

True Bills fans stay fans regardless. They support the TEAM regardless of moves we like or dislike.

True fans understand football. they understand Marv levy has NOTHING To do with the TD Era. They are willing to allow marv and Tom M do thier thing and see how it goes. They see Willis McGahee excited about this new staff and the system he will be playing in. So much he is here instead of in Miami training.

REAL Fans realize our record is 0-0.

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 02:22 PM
youre forgiven

now get me a beer and some chips

And yo! Make me a sandwich on the way out!

LtBillsFan66
03-24-2006, 02:23 PM

I'm with you man!

OpIv37
03-24-2006, 02:28 PM
True Bills fans stay fans regardless. They support the TEAM regardless of moves we like or dislike.

but does that mean true fans aren't allowed to question moves we dislike? I fail to see how disagreeing with certain moves means someone isn't supporting the team. I'm not going to go back and read all your old posts, but I bet I can find at least one example of you commenting on something the Bills did that you didn't like.

I'm not going anywhere. I still read the news about the Bills. I still wear my Bills clothes. I'm still going to order my Sunday Ticket and watch every game, and I'm still going to go to 1-2 games (which is a lot considering I live well over 400 miles away). If that's not supporting the team, I don't know what is.

There's a huge difference between disagreeing and/or being disappointed with the team, and not supporting the team.

northernbillfan
03-24-2006, 02:28 PM
This one has a much better tone.

OpIv37
03-24-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm with you man!
:up:

justasportsfan
03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Phil and Op are opposites but both billsfans.

Pride on the other hand is no longer a bills fan but he will always be a BZ fan.

Iehoshua
03-24-2006, 02:33 PM
but does that mean true fans aren't allowed to question moves we dislike? I fail to see how disagreeing with certain moves means someone isn't supporting the team. I'm not going to go back and read all your old posts, but I bet I can find at least one example of you commenting on something the Bills did that you didn't like.

I'm not going anywhere. I still read the news about the Bills. I still wear my Bills clothes. I'm still going to order my Sunday Ticket and watch every game, and I'm still going to go to 1-2 games (which is a lot considering I live well over 400 miles away). If that's not supporting the team, I don't know what is.

There's a huge difference between disagreeing and/or being disappointed with the team, and not supporting the team.
Excellent post.

I don't see any problem voicing concern, only its the ones who feel the need to beat their concerns through the skulls of everyone else that are a bit overboard. Nothing new, every team has the "Sky is falling!" fans, the "We're going all the way regardless!" fans, then the ones in between. In my opinion, the ones who are constant "Sky is falling" come off more annoying, but that's just personal taste. :D

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 02:33 PM
This one has a much better tone.

Only because it was started by someone besides me.

Mitchy moo
03-24-2006, 02:38 PM
And yo! Make me a sandwich on the way out!

& a quickie while your at it.

BAM
03-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Op, you're entitled to your opinion brother! Who gives a S what anyone else says. F 'em.

tat2dmike77
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Have a bills tattoo

top that one and yes i do have one

OpIv37
03-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Have a bills tattoo

top that one and yes i do have one

I always said that if the Bills win the SB I'm going to get one with the Bills logo and the Lombardi trophy... but that's a big IF.

tat2dmike77
03-24-2006, 03:06 PM
I always said that if the Bills win the SB I'm going to get one with the Bills logo and the Lombardi trophy... but that's a big IF.

Have faith my friend have faith.

If the bucs can win a superbowl then so can the bills.

BlackMetalNinja
03-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah OP... didn't you know you're supposed to toe the line and keep on those rose colored glasses at all times?

Drive 4 Five
03-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Since when does OpIv give a damn what anyone else thinks? My man, how many times have we been through this? Forget about it.

tat2dmike77
03-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Just remember one thing guys

Atleast your not a jets fan

Drive 4 Five
03-24-2006, 03:37 PM
As for the moves we have/or have not made this offseason, you have to consider that we are installing an entire new offense and defense. Don't you think that one season is going to be spent evaluating the talent we have and how they fit into our system? It does not make any sense to go off on some BIG ASS spending spree when you haven't had enough time to properly evaluate the personnel and how they fit into your system.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Just remember one thing guys

Atleast your not a jets fan

The Jets aint staying bad for long with their new coach, believe that.

tat2dmike77
03-24-2006, 03:43 PM
The Jets aint staying bad for long with their new coach, believe that.

I'll believe it when i see it

SquishDaFish
03-24-2006, 03:43 PM
We are all true Bills fans dammit. Even LTFinfan66

SABURZFAN
03-25-2006, 06:13 AM

:roflmao:

Meathead
03-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Who gives a S what anyone else says. F 'em.
:stfu:

gr8slayer
03-25-2006, 08:18 AM
According to him your not a "real Bills fan" if you disagree with him.

mybills
03-25-2006, 08:22 AM
:rofl:

The last buffalo fan
03-25-2006, 12:45 PM

:up: I'm with you man, right there. :peace:

OpIv37
03-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Since when does OpIv give a damn what anyone else thinks? My man, how many times have we been through this? Forget about it.

it irritates me that no one here can say something negative about the team without having to endure accusations about being a "quitter" and "not being a true fan". It hurts the overall quality of discussion when people can't speak their minds without being subject to McCarthy-esque name-calling and accusations.

OpIv37
03-25-2006, 01:39 PM
As for the moves we have/or have not made this offseason, you have to consider that we are installing an entire new offense and defense. Don't you think that one season is going to be spent evaluating the talent we have and how they fit into our system? It does not make any sense to go off on some BIG ASS spending spree when you haven't had enough time to properly evaluate the personnel and how they fit into your system.

There were some players on our team last year who CLEARLY lacked talent. No system is going to make Bennie Anderson good- he stunk in Baltimore and he stunk here.

As far as evaluating talent, this is the NFL. Every snap these guys have ever taken is on film somewhere, and the Bills have access to all of it. These coaches have been running their systems for ages- I think they should have a good idea what type of players fit their systems without putting them on the field and losing games.

mybills
03-25-2006, 03:34 PM
These coaches have been running their systems for ages- I think they should have a good idea what type of players fit their systems without putting them on the field and losing games.

Unless thier name is Greg Williams, or Mike Mularkey. :snicker:

OpIv37
03-25-2006, 05:50 PM
These coaches have been running their systems for ages- I think they should have a good idea what type of players fit their systems without putting them on the field and losing games.

true- those coaches never had systems.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 05:55 PM

I think Mularkey is a bum as a HC , but I think Gregg Williams could have been a good coach had Donahoe put the kind of team around him he wanted.

When you're a defense-first coach, and your talent on offense dictates you pass the ball a million times a game, you're not going in the right direction.

And one thing I always LOVED about the Greg Williams teams despite their horrid record, is his teams played every game like their life depended on it.

It wasnt until his last year as coach that he started to get the defensive talent he needed around him: Spikes, Adams, Posey and Milloy.. They didnt gel as a team and lost a lot of close games: 4 of the first six games they lost after the midpoint of the season was by a total of 11 points.. and at the end of the year Donahoe made the worst decision he made as Buffalo Bills GM: He passed over charlie weiss for Mike Mularkey.