PDA

View Full Version : 8 teams looking at Moulds now.

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Bills | Eight teams interested in Moulds
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:41:52 -0800
Frank Schwab, of the Colorado Springs Gazette, reports eight teams have shown interest in free agent WR Eric Moulds (http://www.kffl.com/player/224/nfl) (Bills). However, Greg Johnson, Moulds' personal adviser, said working out a trade will be difficult because both the Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) and Moulds' new team would have to agree on draft pick compensation. The team would likely want to work out a new contract before trading for him as well.

I will say this, Moulds agent and personal advisor are going to screw this up. Moulds market value is no where near where they think it is (*). The Bills are going to want solid compensation (we got a 3rd for Henry and a first for price...).

I just feel moulds crew is trying to poison the whole process in an attempt to get marv to cut him so moulds can be a Free agent. I say if they can't broker a deal, moulds stays. If he sits, they fine him, suspend then deactivate him. Then he is a year older, hasn't played and can sit from now till retirement.

acehole
03-24-2006, 02:26 PM
We must have posted at the same time...sorry about the repeat.

I actually am encoraged.

I think something will get done.

Nobody benifits if it doesn't.

Not Eric
Not the new team.
Not the Bills.

The only thing possibly that I see...is the new team has had a chat with him...saying if you hold out we won't have to give them a pick..if your cut.

But that may start a bidding war....for the interested team and they don't want that. Unless he has a handshake deal in place and honors it thus screwing the bills.

However...a new team might be ok with the final two years a nd take a chance as his signing bonus (From us doent count against the new teams cap....

There is that danger for eric thus stopping him from picking his team.

I just want to get behind it before it gets ugly.

Vin

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I just want it over with. He is done here. I feel his agent is going to try and force the bills into cutting instead of trading him.

Iehoshua
03-24-2006, 02:46 PM
I'd say screw it, if he doesn't work out a trade, he suits up and plays, or he gets no pay. Win-win for us.

Mitchy moo
03-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Bills | Eight teams interested in Moulds
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:41:52 -0800
Frank Schwab, of the Colorado Springs Gazette, reports eight teams have shown interest in free agent WR Eric Moulds (http://www.kffl.com/player/224/nfl) (Bills). However, Greg Johnson, Moulds' personal adviser, said working out a trade will be difficult because both the Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) and Moulds' new team would have to agree on draft pick compensation. The team would likely want to work out a new contract before trading for him as well.

I will say this, Moulds agent and personal advisor are going to screw this up. Moulds market value is no where near where they think it is (*). The Bills are going to want solid compensation (we got a 3rd for Henry and a first for price...).

I just feel moulds crew is trying to poison the whole process in an attempt to get marv to cut him so moulds can be a Free agent. I say if they can't broker a deal, moulds stays. If he sits, they fine him, suspend then deactivate him. Then he is a year older, hasn't played and can sit from now till retirement.

You are being a little spiteful here, aren't you?

ICE74129
03-24-2006, 03:01 PM
You are being a little spiteful here, aren't you?

No. My intrest is in the Bills and players that want to be here to better the Bills. Screw moulds. I say it's a trade or the Bills make his arse sit with no pay and deactivate his arse. Let the SOB spend the last 3-4 good years of his career working at mcdonalds while we own his contract.

tat2dmike77
03-24-2006, 03:05 PM
If moulds has to work at McDonalds then he has pissed his money away.

He will get traded if not he doesn't play then he can fire his agents.

Honestly i could care less what happens i'll be happy when it's resolved. This is getting old.

Mitchy moo
03-24-2006, 03:07 PM
If moulds has to work at McDonalds then he has pissed his money away.

He will get traded if not he doesn't play then he can fire his agents.

Honestly i could care less what happens i'll be happy when it's resolved. This is getting old.

Exactly, you don't want to show the rest of the league and the players that after your usefulness is done we throw you out in the cold, we just gently roll you into the freezer.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I have a feeling that the compensation to the Bills will be the sticky point, not Eric's contract.

Think about it. Should Eric become a FA, he'd want a contract with a sizable signing bonus. Look at what TO got and look at what Keyshawn got, you get a pretty good idea. The contract may be something like 4 years but realistically, you are looking for his service for a couple of years. The years are for spreading out the signing bonus. The key is take home-money this year for Eric which would be around $5 million.

If a team trades for Eric, there is no signing bonus but a salary of $5 - 6 million for 2006. If the team has cap room, they'd be happy to have it this way. If the team does not have the the cap room, they could easily convert part of the salary to signing bonus and Eric will be happy to comply - who would refuse to take all that money now?

For the Bills, there is nothing better than to generate a bidding war. And realistically, only those teams need that final push for playoff or superbowl will be serious suitors. I can see Denver, Phily, Pats, Giants, Bears, Chargers, Falcons. Seattle, Pittsburgh could use him, too. If Favre returns, I can see them get Eric as well.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 03:31 PM
No. My intrest is in the Bills and players that want to be here to better the Bills. Screw moulds. I say it's a trade or the Bills make his arse sit with no pay and deactivate his arse. Let the SOB spend the last 3-4 good years of his career working at mcdonalds while we own his contract.

He owns a $850,000 home in Hamburg, I hardly envision him working at McDonalds.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 03:32 PM
I have a feeling that the compensation to the Bills will be the sticky point, not Eric's contract.

Think about it. Should Eric become a FA, he'd want a contract with a sizable signing bonus. Look at what TO got and look at what Keyshawn got, you get a pretty good idea. The contract may be something like 4 years but realistically, you are looking for his service for a couple of years. The years are for spreading out the signing bonus. The key is take home-money this year for Eric which would be around $5 million.

If a team trades for Eric, there is no signing bonus but a salary of $5 - 6 million for 2006. If the team has cap room, they'd be happy to have it this way. If the team does not have the the cap room, they could easily convert part of the salary to signing bonus and Eric will be happy to comply - who would refuse to take all that money now?

For the Bills, there is nothing better than to generate a bidding war. And realistically, only those teams need that final push for playoff or superbowl will be serious suitors. I can see Denver, Phily, Pats, Giants, Bears, Chargers, Falcons. Seattle, Pittsburgh could use him, too. If Favre returns, I can see them get Eric as well.

yer right.

Drive 4 Five
03-24-2006, 03:43 PM
No way we force this guy to be here when he clearly does not want to be. Like we really need any more distractions. Call me a fool but I have been holding out hope that he would be in a Bill's uniform for the remainder of his career but there is no way that happens. Money is not the issue anymore, now it has become personal and the sooner we wash our hands of this mess the better. Take the best offer on the table and be done with it.

DraftBoy
03-24-2006, 03:52 PM

I believe it is now illegal for team to deactivate players via the Keyshawn rule which was brokered in the new CBA. Somebody know for sure? So either way we gotta pay him. I think, Clump where are you?

acehole
03-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Not if he sits out....
<TABLE class=tborder id=post1413416 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175></TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1413416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left><!-- icon and title -->Re: 8 teams looking at Moulds now.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by ICE74129
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

I believe it is now illegal for team to deactivate players via the Keyshawn rule which was brokered in the new CBA. Somebody know for sure? So either way we gotta pay him. I think, Clump where are you?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
I just wasted 1000 zonebucks.

jt3631
03-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Moulds is under contract for two more years....if he cant work out a deal that he definently will not be worth...suspend him and let his behind sit...or trade him to the Vikings, with his track record with women he would fit well on the next boat trip!!!!:help!::help!:

Mski
03-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Moulds is under contract for two more years....if he cant work out a deal that he definently will not be worth...suspend him and let his behind sit...or trade him to the Vikings, with his track record with women he would fit well on the next boat trip!!!!:help!::help!:

YES give him the PECA treatment!

:roflmao:

Bill Cody
03-24-2006, 05:23 PM

We can't do that. If he's on the roster he gets paid, even if we keep him on the list of 8 guys that don't dress, he gets paid. No, if someone wants to pony up a draft pick we shouldn't waste any time on this. Get 'er done Marv!