PDA

View Full Version : Manning rips vanderjagt

SoCalBillsFan
02-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Peyton Manning just lit into kicker mike vanderjagt in response to the kicker's comments about manning and coach tony dungy. He referred to him as an "idiot kicker" who got wasted and "ran his mouth." He said he would deal with it when he got back "if he is still a teammate."

Wow! so much for being candid peyton!

The_Philster
02-02-2003, 05:34 PM
:eek: I wonder if he knows something

Dozerdog
02-02-2003, 05:41 PM
You left out "Idiot Kicker who got drunk and ran his mouth off"

He said Idiot Kicker 4-5 times.

Dozerdog
02-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Oh, wait- you did say that...My bad:D

StillLurkin
02-02-2003, 05:49 PM
i was laughing my butt off listening to that. idiot kickers lmao!

Tatonka
02-02-2003, 05:57 PM
funny thing is.. the media forum that payton just used is a little bit bigger than the canadian paper that vandersac ran his mouth too..

i would love to see vandersac's "idiot" face as he was watching manning ... rofl.. i love it.

kgun12
02-02-2003, 06:34 PM
Did Vandy strike a nerve Payton? Me thinks he did!

Doc
02-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Manning probably knows that Vanderjagt is a stoner like John Hall, and I believe he's also a FA. He's gone as a Colt.

ublinkwescore
02-02-2003, 07:30 PM
We don't need him - stick with what works for us, and Hollis works for us.

We don't need a locker room cancer - especially at that position.

Akhippo
02-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Locker room cancer. When is speaking the truth cancerous. Could Dungy get over the hump in TB. Has Manning ever won any big game college or pros. How could you have Manning, Harrison, and James and not at least win in the first round. Its funny how there just kickers until they win the big game for you. Yeah Manning can talk big because its the kicker and he was embarrassed, but would he of said that if it was another player. He should just live with the fact that he was called out by the kicker.

Bufftp
02-02-2003, 09:29 PM
I don't care what position you play, you don't publicly call out another player, inside the locker room another matter.

Doc
02-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Must be something with former CFL players and acting like an idiot with the canadian media.

WG
02-03-2003, 12:29 AM
I think it's more a reflection of Dungy being there and the impact he's had on the Colts. They're goin' nowhere fast w/ Dungy there. Is it any coincidence that with a very similar team, Gruden took them to and won the SB. I don't think so. Dungy's an idiot IMO. VDJ may just have been one of several or many who feel that way just had the "courage" or "foolishness", depending upon how you look at it, to speak out. Who knows.

W/ Dungy there, it's too bad Indy's out of our division. Lucky for them they are in a division w/ Jax and Houston. Even Tennessee wasn't strong all season.

Vanderjagt won't be unemployed, that's for sure.

justasportsfan
02-03-2003, 07:11 AM
Was Vanderjagt drinking with Griese when he got drunk?

Earthquake Enyart
02-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Boy, you sure look like a fat pansy if you get called out by a kicker. I don't care who you are.

Rude American
02-03-2003, 07:48 AM
"Idiot kicker."

Brilliant. Take your shots back but don't call the guy an idiot. That's just stupid and childish.

So, my question to the NFL and it's fans is, if kickers are "just" kickers and aren't really football players, then why have the position? Why have field goals? There are no half points in any other sport. You either score or you don't. It should be either get the ball in the endzone or don't, and that's worth 1 point. Whoever gets it across the goal line more wins, plain and simple. Get rid of these "kickers."

TigerJ
02-03-2003, 08:22 AM
I think Vanderjact discovered Manning's passion. I'm just glad this is happening in the Colts organization and not the Bills.

JefftheBillsfan
02-03-2003, 03:06 PM
I never thought I would hear words like that come out of Manning's mouth....

JefftheBillsfan
02-03-2003, 03:07 PM
I never thought I would hear words like that come out of Manning's mouth....i think it was rather immature...yet deserved.

Mr.Reality
02-03-2003, 07:22 PM
The worst part about it is, the kicker was probably right. haha