PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Think There's a Chance..

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 05:27 PM
That maybe, just maybe Sam Adams was cut because of his salary cap number, hasnt signed with another team ( to his surprise i'm sure) and the Bills will end up bringing him back at a salary more to the team's liking?

With the exception of Mularkey as far as I know this guy never had a problem with anybody in this organization. And that punk ex-head coach sat him in favor of young players when Adams wanted to play.

I know that's a reach, and since I posted this, I bet he'll end up signing with an AFC team in the next 24 hours.

But damn, I love the idea of him playing next to Tripplett. That coulda been nasty... and bringing him back would officially end my horrible FA offseason rant.

That should make u want him back on that alone. But seriously, if nobody is paying him big money, I'd LOVE to bring him back.

Mr. Pink
03-24-2006, 05:32 PM
That maybe, just maybe Sam Adams was cut because of his salary cap number, hasnt signed with another team ( to his surprise i'm sure) and the Bills will end up bringing him back at a salary more to the team's liking?

With the exception of Mularkey as far as I know this guy never had a problem with anybody in this organization. And that punk ex-head coach sat him in favor of young players when Adams wanted to play.

I know that's a reach, and since I posted this, I bet he'll end up signing with an AFC team in the next 24 hours.

But damn, I love the idea of him playing next to Tripplett. That coulda been nasty... and bringing him back would officially end my horrible FA offseason rant.

That should make u want him back on that alone. But seriously, if nobody is paying him big money, I'd LOVE to bring him back.

Damn straight on this one. If no one is willing to pay him big dollars and he's not completely soured against the organization, there is no indication he is, bring him back at a more effecient salary. He's shown that when next to someone of talent on the line he can be effective and more. Tripplett obviously has talent. Bringing him back would bring back legitimacy and being able to stop the run. Which is one of the keys of football.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 05:37 PM
IN a million years I dont expect this to happen.. But i'd be ESTATIC to get him back cheaper than what we were going to pay him..

Yep, him and Triplett you aint running up the middle end of story.

Saratoga Slim
03-24-2006, 05:45 PM
it's sure not impossible. I would be all in favor. then forget about Ngata at #8, maybe grab Claude Wroten/Gabe Watson or etc. in the 2nd-3rd for depth/development. If we had a little more depth at DT and could work more of a leigitmate rotation (like Indy or Seattle) then Big Sam would be rock solid. he just can't be on the field every down.

I likewise am not putting any money on this, but would be pleased if it happened

G. Host
03-24-2006, 05:47 PM
As long as he has clauses in his contract that he get absolutely no bonuses if he is not willing to play the position as he is assigned. Sam Adams was not the saint being attacked by disbelievers here.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Wouldnt it have been easier to ask him to take a paycut?? Nothing is impossible, but I cant see Marv releasing Sam just to sign him back cheaper, makes no sence at all.. If Marv really wanted Sam in a Bills uniform seems like he would have been asked to take a cut before getting cut..

IMO, it would be great to see Adams and Tripplet stuffing the middle..

justasportsfan
03-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Sams got too much pride. I doubt he'll come back.

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Sams got too much pride. I doubt he'll come back.
Sounds like Moulds and his agent. :down:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-24-2006, 09:38 PM
IN a million years I dont expect this to happen.. But i'd be ESTATIC to get him back cheaper than what we were going to pay him..

Yep, him and Triplett you aint running up the middle end of story.

Pat, can you imagine the guys attitude if he was brought back at a lower pay? Seems to me that it would just be asking for trouble.

That having been said, if you could make him see the light and play hard every down, then what the heck, bring him back at a lower $

justasportsfan
03-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Sounds like Moulds and his agent. :down:He'll be back. Just like beebee said even after he retired, he considers himself a bill even though he got a ring w/ greenbay.

patmoran2006
03-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Pat, can you imagine the guys attitude if he was brought back at a lower pay? Seems to me that it would just be asking for trouble.

That having been said, if you could make him see the light and play hard every down, then what the heck, bring him back at a lower $

I agree. I was just saying hypothetically if he's not getting any contract offers out there, he'll take what he can get.. I dont see him retiring..

It's really weird he hasnt been signed. I keep hearing Cinci, but im thinking maybe cause they're trying land Arrington first?

John Doe
03-25-2006, 07:00 AM
You can't have a new head coach and Sam Adams on the same team. Adams is a cancer on the practice field and in the locker room. That is why he was cut, IMO.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 07:36 AM
I have heard absolutely NOTHING to suggest Adams was a cancer of any kind of way to Buffalo...... HE had a run-in with Mularkey as did about a dozen players.

It's a moot point Im sure because like Just said its a matter of pride, but there are vets out there who get cut and then return to their teams. He's running out of teams to get a good deal from.. No way he makes as much or more money than he made last year with Buffalo.

ICE74129
03-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Sam Was cut for attitude issues and he doesn't fit here. BTW anyone notice no one is knocking down the guys door to sign him? Didn't some say he would be picked up in 3 days tops or something like that?