I thought it was only about money for the FA's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

I thought it was only about money for the FA's?

"Six years ago ... I was in it to make a lot of money," Runyan said. "I have made my money. I understand where I am in my life and my family is important to me. That weighed a lot on my decision."

John Runyan
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: I thought it was only about money for the FA's?

It would have been nice to find free agents now that in six years would be saying the same thing.

But thats the way the cookie crumbles. The more I think about it, the more I wouldnt want to move Jason Peters to LT. I'd still like to see what Brad Hopkins wants though.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

once in a blue moon a player comes around that realizes "hey i've got all the money i need to get by, now im in it for the game" those players are a rare breed, but then again i believe that fat sam had made similar statements when we signed him originally
      RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

I don't think it's all that rare, to be honest. When a player starts getting up there in years, he realizes that his window of opportunity is short...and wants to get a ring he can show his grandkids one day...and he'll take less money if it means he can get it..happens more often than publicized.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
          I don't think it's all that rare, to be honest. When a player starts getting up there in years, he realizes that his window of opportunity is short...and wants to get a ring he can show his grandkids one day...and he'll take less money if it means he can get it..happens more often than publicized.
          the thing is you see a difference between single and married FA's regardless of age. If they have kids it's even moreso. When they have a family it is much more than just about money.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
            I agree with the getting the ring more than about "going home".. If they get a shot where it's both, then its a nice bonus.. ala Runyan in Philly this year..

I can respect that, plus im glad he didnt go to the jets.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• capitolneal
              • Sep 2003

e moulds do you have yur notebook out ?

Comment

Working...
              X