PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban's FA strategy

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Just glancing at some of the rumors of FAs signings and teams interested, seems like the Dolphins are always interested in whoever is out there, even with the little cap room they have. Joey Harrington, Eric Moulds, LaVar Arrington, Tommy Maddox, Sam Adams, Ty Law, the list goes on and on. They're even bringing in Vince Young for a workout. Yeah, like they have a chance to draft him, nor will they need him with Culpepper just signed.

So why are they interested in everyone? My theory is that Nick Saban is sending out his dogs to look at every player, whether they're really interested or not, just to throw off the rest of the league, so no one knows what they really want to do. If you thought Bill Bellichick is tricky with his misinformation tactics, Nick Saban is 100 times worse. So until they actually sign anyone (ala Culpepper), don't believe a damn thing you hear.

Saban = DOUCHE BAG

:monkeyp::squish:

Mski
03-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Saban = DOUCHE BAG

but they make winning coaches

justasportsfan
03-24-2006, 08:42 PM
He hates media so he tries to confuse them.

Al13
03-24-2006, 08:45 PM
saban rockz :rockout:

i didn´t even know that we have VY for a workout , but we do need another WR

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2006, 08:46 PM
but they make winning coaches
You can be a winning coach without being a douche bag.

Cowher, Gruden, Parcells, Vermeil, even Marv.

I don't think they make an effort to be douche bags because they win games that way. I don't think they can help being it.

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2006, 08:47 PM
saban rockz :rockout:

i didn´t even know that we have VY for a workout , but we do need another WR
I just heard that on NFL Radio.

J TES
03-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Just glancing at some of the rumors of FAs signings and teams interested, seems like the Dolphins are always interested in whoever is out there, even with the little cap room they have. Joey Harrington, Eric Moulds, LaVar Arrington, Tommy Maddox, Sam Adams, Ty Law, the list goes on and on. They're even bringing in Vince Young for a workout. Yeah, like they have a chance to draft him, nor will they need him with Culpepper just signed.

So why are they interested in everyone? My theory is that Nick Saban is sending out his dogs to look at every player, whether they're really interested or not, just to throw off the rest of the league, so no one knows what they really want to do. If you thought Bill Bellichick is tricky with his misinformation tactics, Nick Saban is 100 times worse. So until they actually sign anyone (ala Culpepper), don't believe a damn thing you hear.

Saban = DOUCHE BAG
So Saban is adouch bag why exactly? Because he has brough some guys in for vistits and didnt end up signing them? Do you realize that of all the guys you listed they only brought two of them in for visits, and one of them (Arrington), they are still trying to negotiate a contract for? Your post makes little to NO sense. Are you seriously a Mod??

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2006, 10:45 PM
:::

!Papacrunk!
03-24-2006, 11:49 PM
I guess you can get your homer icon ready, but what makes him a douche? Trying to employ some sort of strategy so no one sees the cards he's holding? So he should hand the press a press release of all the exact FAs he wants, the amount of salary that he can give them, and also a bonus of the exact players he wants to draft? Yeah, that's the way to run a franchise, lol. I assume it's a combination being well prepared and a bit of a smoke screen.

Nublar7
03-24-2006, 11:51 PM

Saban = DOUCHE BAG

:monkeyp::squish:It is better to be interested in everyone out there(and sign a few of them), then just sit on your ass and sign top notch players such as Nall. :lol:

Dick Jauron + Marv Levy = Another year in the cellar for the Bills. :D

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 12:06 AM
It is better to be interested in everyone out there(and sign a few of them), then just sit on your ass and sign top notch players such as Nall. :lol:

Dick Jauron + Marv Levy = Another year in the cellar for the Bills. :D
Nall was brought in to be a backup, with the possibility of being a diamond in the rough, whereas Culpepper is nothing without Randy Moss, as last season proved it, especially now with a bum knee. You'll be lucky to see him on the field by 2007.

Nonetheless, even if Dick and Marv ruin the Bills, it still doesn't make Saban any less of a pretentious self-absorbed Bellichick wannabe douche bag.

Crisis
03-25-2006, 12:13 AM
We can't all sign the top-notch FAs like Tillman and Buckley.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, it really sucks when a coach is interested in good players to make his team better. WTH?

Nublar7
03-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Nall was brought in to be a backup, with the possibility of being a diamond in the rough, whereas Culpepper is nothing without Randy Moss, as last season proved it, especially now with a bum knee. You'll be lucky to see him on the field by 2007.

Nonetheless, even if Dick and Marv ruin the Bills, it still doesn't make Saban any less of a pretentious self-absorbed Bellichick wannabe douche bag.Mr. Miyagi ----> :cry:

You would die of happiness if the Bills would have got Saban to be their coach. Of course Ralph is too cheap to sign a coach of Saban's caliber(just look how he screwed up with the whole Jim Bates thing). You just sound very jealous of what Saban and the Fins are doing. Why else create a thread just to try and make Saban's excellent FA skills look bad. lol. Pathetic.

Crisis
03-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Who really cares what Saban does? *****ing because Dolphin fans think they're coach is the 2nd coming of Jesus will just bring more dumbass Dolphin fans in here.

Between the ICE and Patmoran repetitive BS, and then Dolphin fans turning every thread into a OMG COMPARE ROSTERS @!2@@@@!@@@!!!! debate this place is boring.

Crisis
03-25-2006, 12:20 AM
The way Dolphin fans talk about Saban you'd think he was the cross between Tedy Bruschi and Chuck Norris.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 12:22 AM
The way Dolphin fans talk about Saban you'd think he was the cross between Tedy Bruschi and Chuck Norris.
:rofl:

!Papacrunk!
03-25-2006, 06:38 AM

this thread is just way too funny, great entertaining gems!
+1

Meathead
03-25-2006, 07:04 AM
if i could snap my fingers and put cpep on the roster for a second round pick id do that in a sec

but free spending in free agency has been shown most often to be a losing strategy. so if miami wants to spend the money required to entertain all those guys and then sign a bunch of them, awesome

and regarding saban, you have to be impressed with what he did last season. now he appears to have more tools and anything less than the playoffs should be considered underachievement for the fish

ICE74129
03-25-2006, 07:47 AM
The dolphins are going the 'Tom Donahoe' route. They are signing names, Not worried if these guys are ever going to perform up to billing. They just want to fill the seats. When everything goes tits up, 'Oh well we tried'. They can always say they got the guys the fans wanted, and spent a ton of money like the fans wanted.

!Papacrunk!
03-25-2006, 07:54 AM
As far as a quick review of our FA moves, besides Culpepper and Beasley, the other players really haven't been that flashy--who are these "names" you're talking about? No offense, and whether they'd admit it or not, but it seems like there are some people that are dissapointed the Bills haven't brought in "the names." As mentioned above, outside of Culpepper and Beasley, we haven't signed anyone that are huge names by a longshot. If they can become successful and turn into "names" then great, but all we've signed is strictly need and depth--that's what FA is all about.

As far as another potential "name," I guess there have been talks w/ Arrington, but I'm sure he'll want Peterson money, which would be a lot more than we can provide. If it happens fine, but I won't cry if he signs elsewhere.

jmb1099
03-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Chuck Norris cannot be crossed with anybody. Tedy Bruschi did not have a stroke. The truth is he heard Chuck Norris was pissed at him and popped a blood vessel in shear fear.
Nick Saban cannot help being a douchbag, he has been ordered to be one by Chuck Norris.

J TES
03-25-2006, 08:42 AM
We can't all sign the top-notch FAs like Tillman and Buckley.
Or Royal, Fowler, Bowen,Triplett, Nall. HAHAHAHAHA

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 08:52 AM
Chuck Norris cannot be crossed with anybody. Tedy Bruschi did not have a stroke. The truth is he heard Chuck Norris was pissed at him and popped a blood vessel in shear fear.
Nick Saban cannot help being a douchbag, he has been ordered to be one by Chuck Norris.

that's really weird.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 08:55 AM
The dolphins are going the 'Tom Donahoe' route. They are signing names, Not worried if these guys are ever going to perform up to billing. They just want to fill the seats. When everything goes tits up, 'Oh well we tried'. They can always say they got the guys the fans wanted, and spent a ton of money like the fans wanted.

I will say this..

If the Bills went the Tom Donahoe route, and had Nick Saban as coach instead of Greg Williams and Mamaluke Mularkey, they are EASILY a playoff team at least two of the last three years.

Saban may be a duesch, but he's one of the best coaches in the NFL.

!Papacrunk!
03-25-2006, 09:11 AM
It's way, way too early to call him one of the best in the NFL, but I'm glad we have him as our coach.

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 09:17 AM
if i could snap my fingers and put cpep on the roster for a second round pick id do that in a sec

but free spending in free agency has been shown most often to be a losing strategy. so if miami wants to spend the money required to entertain all those guys and then sign a bunch of them, awesome

and regarding saban, you have to be impressed with what he did last season. now he appears to have more tools and anything less than the playoffs should be considered underachievement for the fish I think Saban will be one hell of a coach but last season was nothing to be impressed about. He almost got owned twice. Would've been swept if Moolarkey knew how to coach inthe 2nd half.

feelthepain
03-25-2006, 09:49 AM
I think Saban will be one hell of a coach but last season was nothing to be impressed about. He almost got owned twice. Would've been swept if Moolarkey knew how to coach inthe 2nd half.

Your D lost the second half of the game last year, but you keep blaming MM. Do you understand the game at all? Saban made adjustments in the second half of that game he gets the credit for winning the game not MM losing the game. If you understood the game and weren't such a homer you'd be able to figure that out.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Your D lost the second half of the game last year, but you keep blaming MM. Do you understand the game at all? Saban made adjustments in the second half of that game he gets the credit for winning the game not MM losing the game. If you understood the game and weren't such a homer you'd be able to figure that out.

Our offense went into "run the clock out" mode the entire second half and wasnt aggressive in play calling...........Since I'm assuming JP Losman wasnt calling the plays and that Mularkey took over play calling from Clements, I will put the blame on him for that one.

yes, our defense did suck in the second half, but it shouldnt have mattered.

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Your D lost the second half of the game last year, but you keep blaming MM. Do you understand the game at all? Saban made adjustments in the second half of that game he gets the credit for winning the game not MM losing the game. If you understood the game and weren't such a homer you'd be able to figure that out. Haha! Funny how Saban made adjustments and then Mularkey had no answer. You just gave credit to Saban and blasted Mularkey and you didn't even know it. I agree though :lol:

Every team made 2nd half adjustments and Mularkey had no answer in the 2nd half. The bills had one of the worst O's in the 2nd half in the entire NFL. Check it out. It's a fact.

Mularkeys O couldn't play 4 qtrs. That's a fact. Blame goes to him. Sabans team plays 4 qtrs. HEllloooo!!!!!

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Our offense went into "run the clock out" mode the entire second half and wasnt aggressive in play calling...........Since I'm assuming JP Losman wasnt calling the plays and that Mularkey took over play calling from Clements, I will put the blame on him for that one.

yes, our defense did suck in the second half, but it shouldnt have mattered.All mularkey had to do was pound Willis in the goal line and we would've had more points that the fins couldn't catch up. Instead he callls for his rookie to pass and the result was an INT. we lost momentum and 7 pts. Even a fg would been enough for us to win.

Don't even bother. The guy thinks Lucas would be a good QB in Brady's place and Culp would've won those 3 sb's as well in Brady's place :rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 10:01 AM
I will say this..

If the Bills went the Tom Donahoe route, and had Nick Saban as coach instead of Greg Williams and Mamaluke Mularkey, they are EASILY a playoff team at least two of the last three years.

Saban may be a duesch, but he's one of the best coaches in the NFL.
Suddenly he's one of the best coaches in the league, based on one season???

Yeah, Mularkey took us 9-7 in his first season too. I'm sure you think HE's one of the best too, right?

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 10:04 AM
If you had watched some of our games last year, you'd agree that MM did lose the games for us.

Take the second Miami game, we were up 3 TDs and he kept calling pass plays. Fricking genius, huh?

justasportsfan
Suddenly he's one of the best coaches in the league, based on one season???

Yeah, Mularkey took us 9-7 in his first season too. I'm sure you think HE's one of the best too, right?
that's the problem, people want to talk like he's the next BB. Although this will change , Wanny is more proven than Saban at this point in time :lol:

patmoran2006
Saban being one of the best coaches in the league has NOTHING to do with a 9-7 record last year.. And that miami team he took over was CRAP compared to what Mularkey took over.. Mularkey took over a team with a proven vet QB and one of the top two defenses in the NFL.

dont know if a person on this board can say with all honesty they wouldn't want Saban as the Bills head coach if he was available.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 10:05 AM
that's the problem, people want to talk like he's the next BB. Although this will change , Wanny is more proven than Saban at this point in time :lol:
I'm beginning to think that Pat Moran is a closet phish fan. :scratch:

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 10:06 AM
If you had watched some of our games last year, you'd agree that MM did lose the games for us.

Take the second Miami game, we were up 3 TDs and he kept calling pass plays. Fricking genius, huh?
I always stated this last year, I don't like MM's nice guy approach. It was weak. You step on their throats till they die. He knew how to make the team score in the first drive of the game and then disappear in the 2nd half.

He's watched the game , with Rose tealglasses glasses. He rewatched the games of the bills but this time he wore his teal and orange glasses and see's Moolarkey as a genius OC all of a sudden.

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Saban being one of the best coaches in the league has NOTHING to do with a 9-7 record last year.. And that miami team he took over was CRAP compared to what Mularkey took over.. Mularkey took over a team with a proven vet QB and one of the top two defenses in the NFL.

dont know if a person on this board can say with all honesty they wouldn't want Saban as the Bills head coach if he was available.
I would've wanted him here , but I'm not gonna talk like he's the next BB.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 10:10 AM
There is only BB, and that even includes Parcells.

He is one of the best.. Ok lemme rephrase, one of the most up and coming coaches in the league.. I'd love to have him. In fact when he was rumored to be coming to the NFL there were TWO coaches I was dying to get our hands on; Saban and Charlie Weiss.

And we could have HAD Weiss too, he said he'd have taken the job.

F'n donahoe.

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 10:12 AM
And we could have HAD Weiss too, he said he'd have taken the job.

F'n donahoe.He is the one I wanted over any other coaches including Saban. The Nazzi wouldn't have that.

LtFinFan66
03-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Being active in FA makes you a douche?? I think it makes you a good coach trying to fill needs on your team? :wtf:

feelthepain
03-25-2006, 10:37 AM

yes, our defense did suck in the second half, but it shouldnt have mattered.

Chambers lit the Bills up with Sage Rosenfels throwing him the ball, I'd say thats why the Bills lost that game. Miami's D turned it up in the second half aswell. We beat some very good teams last year thanks to our D. Try giving Miami credit for winning the game and not MM losing the game.
I'll promise you we wouldn't have won that game under DW, and you Bill fans would be singing a different tune.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Chambers lit the Bills up with Sage Rosenfels throwing him the ball, I'd say thats why the Bills lost that game. Miami's D turned it up in the second half aswell. We beat some very good teams last year thanks to our D. Try giving Miami credit for winning the game and not MM losing the game.
I'll promise you we wouldn't have won that game under DW, and you Bill fans would be singing a different tune.

Firstly, there aint a person on this board who will mistake me for a homer..

SEcond, I said on this thread that Saban is one of the best coaches in the league, for which I'm sure I'll get **** for .

Lastly, Rosenfal had the ball MOST of the second half because our playcalling went into a shell and we sat on a lead the entire second half.
Yes, our D was horrible in the second half but the point I'm trying to make is that in that game, it shouldnt have mattered because MM pulled the plug on the offense, an offense that you couldn't stop.

Lee Evans should have had FIVE touchdowns on that sorry secondary of yours, before halftime.

feelthepain
03-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Haha! Funny how Saban made adjustments and then Mularkey had no answer. You just gave credit to Saban and blasted Mularkey and you didn't even know it. I agree though :lol:

Every team made 2nd half adjustments and Mularkey had no answer in the 2nd half. The bills had one of the worst O's in the 2nd half in the entire NFL. Check it out. It's a fact.

Mularkeys O couldn't play 4 qtrs. That's a fact. Blame goes to him. Sabans team plays 4 qtrs. HEllloooo!!!!!

Did your team have a D last year or did your team just participate in the O plays every game "only"?? How about your Oline?? Where they in pro bowl form?? Who's fault would that be?? How about your QB's where they pro bowlers?? Who brought them to the team?? You so badly want to blame everything on MM, but where was that blame at the beginning of last season?? It didn't exist, so spear us the blame the whole season on MM crap. I don't see you ever trashing TD or RW or the talent in place, nope it's all MM. You are so bias and you never post wthout using bias.

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Did your team have a D last year or did your team just participate in the O plays every game "only"?? How about your Oline?? Where they in pro bowl form?? Who's fault would that be?? How about your QB's where they pro bowlers?? Who brought them to the team?? You so badly want to blame everything on MM, but where was that blame at the beginning of last season?? It didn't exist, so spear us the blame the whole season on MM crap. I don't see you ever trashing TD or RW or the talent in place, nope it's all MM. You are so bias and you never post wthout using bias.read PAt's last reply before this. If MM made the right calls offensively, the game wouldn't have had to be decided by our D who was horrible last year.

IF Mularkey didn't make JP throw in the endzone, we would've at least scored a FG and we would've won the game. DUHH!!!!!!!

I've blasted TD so many times. You're the one who refuses to see it because you don't have anything else to point.

Seriuosly, don't go telling me I don't know football when you say LUCAS . :roflmao:

feelthepain
03-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Firstly, there aint a person on this board who will mistake me for a homer..

SEcond, I said on this thread that Saban is one of the best coaches in the league, for which I'm sure I'll get **** for .

Lastly, Rosenfal had the ball MOST of the second half because our playcalling went into a shell and we sat on a lead the entire second half.
Yes, our D was horrible in the second half but the point I'm trying to make is that in that game, it shouldnt have mattered because MM pulled the plug on the offense, an offense that you couldn't stop.

Lee Evans should have had FIVE touchdowns on that sorry secondary of yours, before halftime.

I never said you were a homer, believe me Justa does enough of that to cover the entire country of Bill fans. I think it's sad you'd get trashed for talking football, just because you give credit to another teams coach is a sad reason to trash a fellow member/Bill fan. Sage had the ball because Gus was pulled for his poor play/injury. I think the reason Miami was down by three TD's in the first half is because Miami would go into some games thinking they were better then they were and it took Saban getting into thier heads and telling them what a long weak of practice lie ahead if they didn't get their act together the second half. I'm also sure MM didn't think we were gonna come back and win the game, so I agree he has some responsability to the loss just not all the responsibility.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 11:00 AM
1- Mularkey
2- Moulds
3- Mularkey again
4- Clements was dispicible that game.

feelthepain
03-25-2006, 11:03 AM
read PAt's last reply before this. If MM made the right calls offensively, the game wouldn't have had to be decided by our D who was horrible last year.

I've blasted TD so many times. You're the one who refuses to see it because you don't have anything else to point.

Seriuosly, don't go telling me I don't know football when you say LUCAS . :roflmao:

Sure Justa, whatever. The same crap everyday from you, MM sucks we get it. By the fact that "YOU" think MM sucks, I'm completely convinced and comfortable he's a great fit for the fins. If you think he sucks, it's guaranteed he will be great for us!!!! There is no fan I know that knows less or understands the game of football less then you.

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Sure Justa, whatever. The same crap everyday from you, MM sucks we get it. By the fact that "YOU" think MM sucks, I'm completely convinced and comfortable he's a great fit for the fins. If you think he sucks, it's guaranteed he will be great for us!!!! There is no fan I know that knows less or understands the game of football less then you.

There you go again, when you have no answer you start changing the subject about me.

Yeah I don't understand the Game like you do. Thank God. LUCAS, LUCAS, LUCAS!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Your fellow finfans were laughing at you for that. Like ALWAYS! No wonder why they don't want you speaking on their behalf. You don't know squat.

dplus47
03-25-2006, 01:20 PM

i don't expect you to know everything about the bills AND the phins, but where is this coming from? of course, a coach who says something in a press conference like "the score doesn't matter, the record doesn't matter..." is just trying to fill seats and please fans.

the fans in miami weren't screaming for will allen, andre goodman, l.j. shelton, etc. those are just guys signed to fill certain need areas on the roster. what "names" the team pursues are in positions where an impact player is needed, e.g. quarterback, linebacker (peterson/arrington). part of the donahoe route that was actually successful was this very thing: bledsoe, spikes. bledsoe had a blistering start, and nobody started complaining until later. that move had mixed results, but few argued with it at the time. it was a move that was worth the risk. i don't see a lot of people complaining about spikes, and with good reason.

having a good poker face can cause people to get mad and call you a douche, but it doesn't make you a douche. it makes you a good poker player. being a douche makes you a douche.

dolfan25
03-25-2006, 03:04 PM
This thread is stupid. Trying to gain an advantage by misinformation now makes you a "douche bag". Get off your high horse. Do you think if you called Marv right now and asked who he was going to draft he'd give you an honest answer. Would that make him a douche bag if he lied.

The other problem with this stupid theory is that a lot of the specualtion about FA's is caused by the media and the fans(like myself) who eat up any NFL info.

If the Bills and Dolphins were vying for the same free agent and Saban's fake interest for the player made the Bills pay more money for him than he's worth than I would consider that a good job by Saban.

Lot of crying over nothing if you ask me.

As for Bills fans complaining about Dolphins fans comparing Saban to Jesus, they should be ones to talk. I'm pretty sure there was Kelly is God sign when Jimbo came into town 20 years ago

feelthepain
03-25-2006, 03:05 PM
There you go again, when you have no answer you start changing the subject about me.

Yeah I don't understand the Game like you do. Thank God. LUCAS, LUCAS, LUCAS!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Your fellow finfans were laughing at you for that. Like ALWAYS! No wonder why they don't want you speaking on their behalf. You don't know squat.

You are the only Bill fan that shouldn't speak or write. You have nothing of value to offer this site other then hate and bias, at least the other Bill fans here are reasonable from time to time, you do nothing but smack talk 24/7 give it a rest and for god sake GROW UP!!

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 05:01 PM
You are the only Bill fan that shouldn't speak or write. You have nothing of value to offer this site other then hate and bias, at least the other Bill fans here are reasonable from time to time, you do nothing but smack talk 24/7 give it a rest and for god sake GROW UP!! If growing up means having a brain like yours, I'd rather stay young.

This is your brain:

LUCAS would've done well in Brady's place :roflmao:

Culpepper would've won those 3 sb's in Brady's place. :roflmao:

Drew would've done just as well in Brady's place :roflmao:

Anyone who seriously thinks any of the above would've happened has no right to talk football. So shut up KID.

BTW, if you actually read the part where I said Saban would be a good coach and that I would've wanted him to be our coach means I'm biased, you need to go back to school and take some reading and comprehension lessons.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 05:12 PM
This thread is stupid. Trying to gain an advantage by misinformation now makes you a "douche bag". Get off your high horse. Do you think if you called Marv right now and asked who he was going to draft he'd give you an honest answer. Would that make him a douche bag if he lied.

The other problem with this stupid theory is that a lot of the specualtion about FA's is caused by the media and the fans(like myself) who eat up any NFL info.

If the Bills and Dolphins were vying for the same free agent and Saban's fake interest for the player made the Bills pay more money for him than he's worth than I would consider that a good job by Saban.

Lot of crying over nothing if you ask me.

As for Bills fans complaining about Dolphins fans comparing Saban to Jesus, they should be ones to talk. I'm pretty sure there was Kelly is God sign when Jimbo came into town 20 years ago
You know something? You're 100% exactly right.

If I were a Dolphin fan, I would've defended Saban just like you are doing.
If Saban was a Bills coach, I would've rooted for him and his FA tactics as well.
If Marv was the GM for the Dolphins, I would've called him an senile old fart too.

But the fact is that Saban is a Phish and I'm a Bills fan, so Saban is a douche bag. :snicker:

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 05:15 PM

If Saban was a Bills coach, I would've rooted for him and his FA tactics as well.
If Marv was the GM for the Dolphins, I would've called him an senile old fart too.

But the fact is that Saban is a Phish and I'm a Bills fan, so Saban is a douche bag. :snicker:
NIce comeback :snicker:

feelthepain
03-25-2006, 06:10 PM

I can respect that.

feelthepain
03-25-2006, 06:11 PM
If growing up means having a brain like yours, I'd rather stay young.

This is your brain:

LUCAS would've done well in Brady's place :roflmao:

Culpepper would've won those 3 sb's in Brady's place. :roflmao:

Drew would've done just as well in Brady's place :roflmao:

Anyone who seriously thinks any of the above would've happened has no right to talk football. So shut up KID.

BTW, if you actually read the part where I said Saban would be a good coach and that I would've wanted him to be our coach means I'm biased, you need to go back to school and take some reading and comprehension lessons.

Justawasteaspace!!!!

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 06:14 PM
I can respect that.:kissa:

dolfan25
03-25-2006, 06:28 PM

So by that line of thought I could say that Marv is 2 times the douche bag Nick is since he already was coach and now is GM. Marv seems like a classy nice old guy but he's a douche bag.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 06:36 PM
I can respect that.
Damn right. It's all about phish-hatin'. Nothing personal. :up:

So by that line of thought I could say that Marv is 2 times the douche bag Nick is since he already was coach and now is GM. Marv seems like a classy nice old guy but he's a douche bag.
Yes you can, but I'll defend Marv and call you a douche bag for calling Marv one.

There's nothing better than team rivalry baby!!

feelthepain
03-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Damn right. It's all about phish-hatin'. Nothing personal. :up:

Exactly!

DBetters83
03-25-2006, 11:30 PM

Saban = DOUCHE BAG

In what way is Nick Saban a douche bag? Just because some is smart and clever doesn't make them a douche. Its good to have a good poker face in this league, of course he doesn't want everyone knowing what he's doing......but so far the guy has done a great job, you gotta hand it to him.....put all your Barfalo bias aside and just look at what he's doing down on South Beach.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Tell me, what has he done so good down on South Beach? The only thing you can base off of is the one season of 9-7. Wow, what a fricking genius he is.

DBetters83
03-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Tell me, what has he done so good down on South Beach? The only thing you can base off of is the one season of 9-7. Wow, what a fricking genius he is.

Yeah, he has done a good job.....all you can do is ***** and moan about it, while you say things like "one season of 9-7 wow." Statements such as this make you look extremely ignorant and misinformed. First of all the reason why people made such a big deal about Saban's first year was because it was his first NFL season as a head coach and he coaxed nine wins from the same team that went 4-12 the year before and was expected to win maybe six games in 2005. Regarding your Culpepper comments, you express your ignorance again by saying he was "nothing without Randy Moss, last year showed that." Did you watch any football last year? Daunte was hurt early in the season, had no offensive line, played a new offensive system that forced him to throw the ball nearly 70% of the time without any effective running game & no defense. Saban made the right choice by choosing Culpepper, he has experience in Scott Linehan's offense, has a lot more tools to work with on offense and a superior coaching staff.

Buffalo on the other hand, hired A FRIGGIN' LOSER AS A HEAD COACH who is worse than Dave Wannstedt was and no I am not kidding just look at their career statistics. Good luck in the Jauron/Old Coot......woops I mean Levy era, I'm sure the magic of JP Losman and Dick Jauron will make people at the Ralph harken back to the early 90s :lol: :lol:

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 01:01 AM
First of all the reason why people made such a big deal about Saban's first year was because it was his first NFL season as a head coach and he coaxed nine wins from the same team that went 4-12 the year before and was expected to win maybe six games in 2005.
Mike Mularkey as a new HC turned us from 6-10 to 9-7. He must be a genius too, right? That's why the Dolphins hired him?

And regarding Culpepper, yeah I saw almost every game he played in Minnesota. I live in Packer/Viking country so that's all I hear about on the local news. And yes, what I said about him is exactly what most people around feel too. He showed that he was a fraud without Randy Moss last year. And he blew out his knee in game 7 last year, not "early in the season", and at that time he was going 6 td - 12 int. His OL was practically unchanged from the previous season when he went 39 td - 11 int. Running game lost the Whizzinator but gained back a healthy Michael Bennett. And had a revamped defense featuring Pat Williams, Fred Smoot, Sam Cowart, Darren Sharper, and Eramus James.

So if you don't know what you're talking about, please just don't talk.

jmb1099
03-26-2006, 05:39 AM
Yeah, he has done a good job.....all you can do is ***** and moan about it, while you say things like "one season of 9-7 wow." Statements such as this make you look extremely ignorant and misinformed. First of all the reason why people made such a big deal about Saban's first year was because it was his first NFL season as a head coach and he coaxed nine wins from the same team that went 4-12 the year before and was expected to win maybe six games in 2005. Regarding your Culpepper comments, you express your ignorance again by saying he was "nothing without Randy Moss, last year showed that." Did you watch any football last year? Daunte was hurt early in the season, had no offensive line, played a new offensive system that forced him to throw the ball nearly 70% of the time without any effective running game & no defense. Saban made the right choice by choosing Culpepper, he has experience in Scott Linehan's offense, has a lot more tools to work with on offense and a superior coaching staff.

Buffalo on the other hand, hired A FRIGGIN' LOSER AS A HEAD COACH who is worse than Dave Wannstedt was and no I am not kidding just look at their career statistics. Good luck in the Jauron/Old Coot......woops I mean Levy era, I'm sure the magic of JP Losman and Dick Jauron will make people at the Ralph harken back to the early 90s :lol: :lol:
Dude you really out to read the whole thread before attacking one of the few guys who is actually giving Saban some credit.

!Papacrunk!
03-26-2006, 06:09 AM
And regarding Culpepper, yeah I saw almost every game he played in Minnesota. I live in Packer/Viking country so that's all I hear about on the local news. And yes, what I said about him is exactly what most people around feel too.
Well, after joining a Vikes message board, with a lot of members and activity, I saw there were some peeps that talked about Culpepper's negative attributes, but there was a very large fan base ("most" of the people,) that is sorry to see him go and still defends Culpepper and his play. For me, I'll take their opinion, positive and negative, about Culpepper, as opposed to what I read on a divisional rivals board on a QB the Dolphins acquired. In regards to anything Bills related, I'll go off of what I read here to get the dirt on any Bills happenings. Thanks for your opinion though, it's duly noted :)

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Well, after joining a Vikes message board, with a lot of members and activity, I saw there were some peeps that talked about Culpepper's negative attributes, but there was a very large fan base ("most" of the people,) that is sorry to see him go and still defends Culpepper and his play. For me, I'll take their opinion, positive and negative, about Culpepper, as opposed to what I read on a divisional rivals board on a QB the Dolphins acquired. In regards to anything Bills related, I'll go off of what I read here to get the dirt on any Bills happenings. Thanks for your opinion though, it's duly noted :)
Hey I'm all about unbiased reporting...:couch:

J TES
03-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Why don't you tell us? You are the one so concerned and threatened that you had to make a thread calling the guy a douche.

justasportsfan
03-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Well, after joining a Vikes message board, with a lot of members and activity, I saw there were some peeps that talked about Culpepper's negative attributes, but there was a very large fan base ("most" of the people,) that is sorry to see him go and still defends Culpepper and his play. For me, I'll take their opinion, positive and negative, about Culpepper, as opposed to what I read on a divisional rivals board on a QB the Dolphins acquired. In regards to anything Bills related, I'll go off of what I read here to get the dirt on any Bills happenings. Thanks for your opinion though, it's duly noted :)JUst like Drew Bledoe and Pats fans the day he was traded to the bills.

Don't get me wrong, Culp was a good hire for you guys considering that you had Gus.

Hopefully Culp won't be ready right away. That'll give our D time to pick up the new system. and then Culp can throw the dice.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Why don't you tell us? You are the one so concerned and threatened that you had to make a thread calling the guy a douche.
I'm not worried about Culpepper. Our D will eat him up. Small hands, fumbles a lot.

YardRat
03-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Nick Saban is a Dolphin.

Why does anybody need any more evidence other than that to understand he's a douche??

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Nick Saban is a Dolphin.

Why does anybody need any more evidence other than that to understand he's a douche??
:hammer: Case Closed!

J TES
03-26-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm not worried about Culpepper. Our D will eat him up. Small hands, fumbles a lot.
What the hell does Culpepper have to do with Saban??? You make less sense everytime you post.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Chill out Mr. Anger Management.