PDA

View Full Version : Walker for Moulds?

Kerr
03-25-2006, 01:16 AM
From an espn chat:

Brad (NM): Hey Jeremy TOTALLY APPRECIATE YA HANGING EXTRA LONG DUDE!...why not trade Moulds for Javon Walker?

<!-- displayed mode -->http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Jeremy Green: (5:33 PM ET ) It makes a lot of sense. Two guys that want out and though Favre does not want to lose Walker he would be recpetive if they at least get something in return.

Think a deal like that could go down? I'm sure the pack would love to have moulds. A proven receiver to go along with driver and ferguson. Bet moulds would love to play with a future hall of fame qb. The pack would use it as bait to convince farve to come back. Walker just want to get the hell out of town. Walker and Evans. Need I say more? If Marv could pull off something like this, he would make our offense the most dangerous in the afc east.

Buffalogic
03-25-2006, 03:47 AM
It would be terrific if that happened although, very unlikely in my opinion.

At this point with Moulds how could you say no to that trade?

It would also keep the youth movement in full swing.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-25-2006, 05:22 AM
Packers would probably want a draft pick thrown in for the age difference..

BADTHINGSMAN
03-25-2006, 05:23 AM
From an espn chat:

Brad (NM): Hey Jeremy TOTALLY APPRECIATE YA HANGING EXTRA LONG DUDE!...why not trade Moulds for Javon Walker?

<!-- displayed mode -->http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Jeremy Green: (5:33 PM ET ) It makes a lot of sense. Two guys that want out and though Favre does not want to lose Walker he would be recpetive if they at least get something in return.

Think a deal like that could go down? I'm sure the pack would love to have moulds. A proven receiver to go along with driver and ferguson. Bet moulds would love to play with a future hall of fame qb. The pack would use it as bait to convince farve to come back. Walker just want to get the hell out of town. Walker and Evans. Need I say more? If Marv could pull off something like this, he would make our offense the most dangerous in the afc east.

Even with Walker the offense will struggle a bit, still need that O-line and a decent QB..

ICE74129
03-25-2006, 06:39 AM
From an espn chat:

And Walker is already used to catching passes from Nall...

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 07:33 AM
There is no way Green Bay is trading Walker straight up for Moulds..

It would probably cost us at least a third round draft pick as well.

I WOULD do it though.

Kerr
03-25-2006, 08:14 AM

:rofl: What a guy.
I doubt nall would make a difference in any decision.

J TES
03-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Really? When? Certainly not in a game. Unless you mean on the sideline playing catch. Yeah maybe thats it, Nall probably does toss around a football with the REAL football players trying to keep them loss. Moulds for Walker? Keep dreaming. The best the Bills are going to get for a guy who every other team in the league knows hates being in Buffalo, and is eventually going to end up cut is a 5th, and you'll be extremely lucky to get that. Walker for Moulds, thats funny, you guys are funny, thats why I come on here.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Really? When? Certainly not in a game. Unless you mean on the sideline playing catch. Yeah maybe thats it, Nall probably does toss around a football with the REAL football players trying to keep them loss. Moulds for Walker? Keep dreaming. The best the Bills are going to get for a guy who every other team in the league knows hates being in Buffalo, and is eventually going to end up cut is a 5th, and you'll be extremely lucky to get that. Walker for Moulds, thats funny, you guys are funny, thats why I come on here.

I think that's a very ignorant way to get your point across.

But I also agree with you on both your Nall and Moulds points.

capitolneal
03-25-2006, 09:22 AM
I think that's a very ignorant way to get your point across.

But I also agree with you on both your Nall and Moulds points.

I agree we will be lucky to get a 5th for him I don't like it but teams are really stingent with picks As for Walker just another Florida reciever to me

capitolneal
03-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Florida state that is

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 09:31 AM
You were right the first time, He's from Florida... and I would take Walker in a minute if something could be worked out.

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 09:38 AM
haha! That would be funny. Moulds goes to GB and Farve decides to retire and Moulds is stuck with Rogers. He'll beg the GB GM to trade for JP :lol:

ICE74129
03-25-2006, 09:39 AM
haha! That would be funny. Moulds goes to GB and Farve decides to retire and Moulds is stuck with Rogers. He'll beg the GB GM to trade for JP :lol:

It would be great if that happened.

finsrclowns
03-25-2006, 10:29 AM

Favre is coming back. Book it. I doubt he was ever really considering retirement. I think he just enjoys the "Brett please come back we need you" so much that he's dragging out the final announcement.

justasportsfan
03-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Favre is coming back. Book it. I doubt he was ever really considering retirement. I think he just enjoys the "Brett please come back we need you" so much that he's dragging out the final announcement.I know that , but I still think he's gone after this year.

finsrclowns
03-25-2006, 10:38 AM
I know that , but I still think he's gone after this year.

Yeah, because if has another year like last year there won't be any more begging.

ParanoidAndroid
03-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm sure Moulds would be eager to get to Green Bay since they are so close to being a SB caliber team...(sarcasm).

Dozerdog
03-25-2006, 11:49 AM
This would be the dumbest trade in the world if you are Green Bay.

Think about it- Moulds is due to receive $7 million- if they gave that to Jevon Walker they wouldn't be in this mess.

So why trade a guy 7 years younger for a guy making that kind of money???

ICE74129
03-25-2006, 11:51 AM
This would be the dumbest trade in the world if you are Green Bay.

Think about it- Moulds is due to receive $7 million- if they gave that to Jevon Walker they wouldn't be in this mess.

So why trade a guy 7 years younger for a guy making that kind of money???

I agree with you except one thing...the contract. When a team trades for moulds they can cut him immediately or tear up the contract and take NO cap hit. They just get the base pay contract.

Whomever he is traded to will have a new contract in place before the trade or quickly thereafter.

Dozerdog
03-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I agree with you except one thing...the contract. When a team trades for moulds they can cut him immediately or tear up the contract and take NO cap hit. They just get the base pay contract.

Whomever he is traded to will have a new contract in place before the trade or quickly thereafter.So Trade a pro bowl WR in Walker for Moulds- then cut him? WTF logic is that??

Moulds isn't going to GB for a paycut.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Trust me from experience, Doz..

Don't bother

Mr. Pink
03-25-2006, 12:58 PM
So Trade a pro bowl WR in Walker for Moulds- then cut him? WTF logic is that??

It's ICE logic and he is smart. Don't worry give it a couple of weeks he MAY change his mind and say the complete opposite. :lmao:

Slim
03-25-2006, 01:00 PM

:wtf:... Im as lost as you doz.

camelcowboy
03-25-2006, 01:03 PM

Whomever he is traded to will have a new contract in place before the trade or quickly thereafter.

There will be no trade unless a contract is worked out.

DraftBoy
03-25-2006, 01:23 PM
GB wont trade for Moulds just to cut him, and for any deal to take place I would have to think both GB would want Moulds to agree to a new deal and Rosenass and Walker would want a new long term deal with Buffalo for the big bucks. Walker wants to get traded to get a bigger contract not just because he doesnt like GB and Favre. That being said if an acceptable offer is;

Moulds, 3rd for Walker...Id jump all over it.

Gunzlingr
03-25-2006, 01:33 PM
I thought Walker didn't want to play there any more than Eric wants to play here. If you swapped them, they would both be in a new place. Not that it would happen, but it would make some sense since both teams would get something.

Dozerdog
03-25-2006, 01:38 PM
I thought Walker didn't want to play there any more than Eric wants to play here. If you swapped them, they would both be in a new place. Not that it would happen, but it would make some sense since both teams would get something.Walker doesn't want to play there anymore because he wants to make Eric Moulds money. He's on a rookie contract and wants to be paid.

Eric Moulds doesn't want to play for cheap. Buffalo wants to cut his pay. If Green Bay had any interest in paying someone EM money- they would have just given it to Walker. Why give EM money to EM when you have a younger, better upside WR in your possession???

Other than them both being disgruntled WRs, this deal does nothing for the two teeams or players involved. Both teams will still have the same headaches once the trade is done.

ICE74129
03-25-2006, 01:38 PM

Read what I wrote. You can trade moulds to anyone and then cut him for all that team cares. You guys act like moulds isn't tradeable because of his contract, that is completely wrong. Moulds wont' have that contract at all when he hits a new team. If they have one in place before the trade they keep his current one, what? An hour?

It was the whole Idea that his contract means NOTHING in regards to a trade.

DraftBoy
03-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Food for thought is from ESPN Insider who report the Packers will be fortunate to get even a mid-late round pick for Walker bc he is damaged goods. Take it for what its worth. Personally if GB has no interest in Moulds, I still make a move for Walker this season and then move Moulds elsewhere to another team who may need him like Denver. The two dont have to be the same deal but it is a interesting idea for us to get Walker to replace Moulds, even if its not a swap of the two for each other.

camelcowboy
03-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Walkers young, Eric's is old. Make the trade if it is available. I don't see it happening but it would be nice.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Trading for Walker isn't going to help us THIS year though. He won't be 100% until probably 2007.

jimbohastle51
03-25-2006, 09:34 PM
does anyone even know what the bills want for compensation for moulds? 3rd or 4th round pick?

DraftBoy
03-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Trading for Walker isn't going to help us THIS year though. He won't be 100% until probably 2007.

An 80% Walker is better than Parrish or Davis being our number 2 bc Lee Evans is our number 1. And aside from that we are nowhere near ready for the postseason for atleast another two seasons so I dont see how that can be a bad thing anyways.

Dozerdog
03-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Read what I wrote. You can trade moulds to anyone and then cut him for all that team cares. You guys act like moulds isn't tradeable because of his contract, that is completely wrong. Moulds wont' have that contract at all when he hits a new team. If they have one in place before the trade they keep his current one, what? An hour?

It was the whole Idea that his contract means NOTHING in regards to a trade.

Clueless.

The only thing Green Bay or any team ( for that matter) does not inherit when trading for a player is any deferred bonus paid out.

EM has 2 years left on a backloaded contract. The Packers (or anyone else) would be trading for that.

Mr. Cynical
03-25-2006, 10:37 PM
I'd do it in a NY minute but GB is not that stupid. Walker is younger, faster and better. Won't happen.