• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

A HUGE Reason to Hope Young Is There At Eight

NFL Network is reporting, among others that the Minnesota Vikings are now VERY interesting in moving up in the draft to take either Jay Cutler or Vince Young.

It makes total sense as they already had a good team to begin with and got more stacked through FA. Brad Johnson is getting old and Mike McMahon is nothing more than than a backup. They dont have a glaring "need" in the draft.

I would seriously HOPE that Vince Young is on the board at number eight as a Bills fan; as Minnesota will SURELY try to get into that spot.

Would you move down to 17 from 8 for the right price?

Vikes own two picks in the second round, 48 and 51st picks. And they'll also own a pair of thirds once they dont match Burleson's offer.

If the Vikes offered 17 and both their seconds, I really think you have to look strongly at the proposal.. We'd slide down to the bottom half of round one (losing out on Ngata or Bunkley) but we'd have THREE second rounders (42, 48 and 51) and we already own a pair of thirds.

That would be SIX picks in day one of the draft. For a team that did very little in Free agency, six day-one picks would be awesome.

In that scenario, you could take probably Eric Winston (OT) in the first and go guard, defensive tackle and defensive end in round two.. Round three I'd take another guard to take over Villarriall in 2007 and the BPA.

It would suck to lose out on a top ten pick, but if (since) we are building through the draft, I dont see how they could turn this down. That would probably three new starters in one draft.

Might even be able to get a little bit more too. It costs a lot to move 9 spots up from 17 to 8 in the draft.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 03-25-2006, 08:15 AM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

Re: A HUGE Reason to Hope Young Is There At Eight

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    NFL Network is reporting, among others that the Minnesota Vikings are now VERY interesting in moving up in the draft to take either Jay Cutler or Vince Young.

It makes total sense as they already had a good team to begin with and got more stacked through FA. Brad Johnson is getting old and Mike McMahon is nothing more than than a backup. They dont have a glaring "need" in the draft.

I would seriously HOPE that Vince Young is on the board at number as a Bills fan as Minnesota will SURELY try to get into that spot.

Would you move down to 17 from 8 for the right price?

Vikes own two picks in the second round, 48 and 51st picks. And they'll also own a pair of thirds once they dont match Burleson's offer.

If the Vikes offered 17 and both their seconds, I really think you have to look strongly at the proposal.. We'd slide down to the bottom half of round one (losing out on Ngata or Bunkley) but we'd have THREE second rounders (42, 48 and 51) and we already own a pair of thirds.

That would be SIX picks in day one of the draft. For a team that did very little in Free agency, six day-one picks would be awesome.

In that scenario, you could take probably Eric Winston (OT) in the first and go guard, defensive tackle and defensive end in round two.. Round three I'd take another guard to take over Villarriall in 2007 and the BPA.

It would suck to lose out on a top ten pick, but if (since) we are building through the draft, I dont see how they could turn this down. That would probably three new starters in one draft.

Might even be able to get a little bit more too. It costs a lot to move 9 spots up from 17 to 8 in the draft.

Thoughts?
    Now this is good stuff! Very interesting scenario indeed. If it panned out this way it would mean having a good solid core to work with and develop for the long haul. It is tempting to say the least. So many variables to consider in all of this. Good thought provoking post.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Hummm, I think your onto something here. 6 picks could = 3-4 people that might start because they are early draft picks. What does everyone else think?

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I kinda doubt they would give up their first and two seconds to move up to 8. That sure would be a good deal for us though we'd have much better odds of getting a good player with that pick.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I wouldnt doubt it..
          They'd still have a pair of thirds.

And I cant think of many specifics off the top of my head, except for N.O. giving up most their draft to get Ricky Williams.. But I know teams give up a lot to move up into the top 10.

But for a team that's stacked like Minny who wants a QB, I see it being very possible.

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

Good post pat...

One of the reasons I have been following the Moulds situation is this very reason.

This draft is very deep...and very rich at positions we are needing.

We have alot of hole fill at the very lease building block for a run in 2007 2008.

With that trade or other scenario we may pick up 3 -4 starters.

I would rather trade with ravens or Arizona...as arizonas pick still gives us good starting DT.

This team is ripe for trade down.

Denver is the most intriging with 2 # 1's....one being at 15...still give us good value.....we could even force some desparate teams hand and throw in Moulds for a late rounder to close the deal.

Love this time of year....

mouse****2fh.gif
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by acehole
              Good post pat...

One of the reasons I have been following the Moulds situation is this very reason.

We have alot of hole fill at the very lease building block for a run in 2007 2008.

I would rather trade with ravens or Arizona...as arizonas pick still gives us good starting DT.

Denver is the most intriging with 2 # 1's....one being at 15...still give us good value.....we could even force some desparate teams hand and throw in Moulds for a late rounder to close the deal.

[ATTACH]10592[/ATTACH]
              Good post, and I agree with you, although I get a headache everytime I read your comments.

I would rather have Denver's two first rounders if possible if they wanted the 8th.. And Yer right, throwing in Moulds for a late rounder would probably see the deal for sure. Can get a starting offensive and defensive tackle at those two spots and grab a guard in round two.

I'd also take a look at Chad Jackson at 15, because I absolutely hate our WR corp outside of Evans.. This guy is going to get double and triple teamed to death with Josh Reed starting next to him.. Reed is better suited for a #3 in the slot as he's a decent route runner. Could probably get jackson at 15 and winston/mcniel at 15, but that leaves us with a guard/DT quandry in round two, so Jackson will probably be passed on, though I do think he's a BPA ANd a need at the same time. Damn, I wish we didnt cut Sam Adams.

Arizona is def another option as Im sure they want a QB for Warner to groom.

I dont care either way, as long as they TRADE DOWN.. this is the first year I've ever ROOTED for a trade down.. They are building through the draft, they need all the extra draft picks they can get. If they traded down with Arizona they could still get bunkley or ngata AND a high second (tackle) and their own second (guard). That is actually the BEST scenario I could come up with.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Their first, one of their 2nd and PAt Williams for our first .
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by acehole
                  Good post pat...

Attachment 10592

Pat Moron said,

Good post, and I agree with you, although I get a headache everytime I read your comments.

<<<

Why? Because of the intentional mis spelled words.....or my excitement and positive outlook?

or the fact that I dis agreed with your assecement that Moulds isnt worth a first day pick?

Pat I like you.....

but psst...you not the smartest guy in the room.

Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

No.. its the 30, 1 sentence paragraphs.

and I agreed with what you said, especially about Moulds..

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Minnesotta is are most likely trade down option those of you thinking Denver is gonna fork over two 1st rounders to move up 7 spots are high. Even to get Minnesotta to move a 1st and 2 2nds we would need to include another pick. More likely would probably be; Minnesotta sends us a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for #8 and 6th rounder. Thats a deal Id probably take depending on the comp pick and what we fetch for Moulds.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X