JP Trade Talks again, and THIS one is credible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

JP Trade Talks again, and THIS one is credible.

JP Losman is indeed on the trading block and the Bills are very interested in drafting Jay Cutler.

This is according to Fox Sports Radio's Chris Landry on his show from Chicago. Not to say he's god, but he's not some geek who knows nothing about football either. He's been a scout with Cleveland and Tennessee and he used to run the scouting combine. He also runs his own scout consulting business and works with a lot of NFL and college teams. He's Fox Sports Radio's NFL analyst.

While this doesn't make this rumor true, he sure as hell sounds pretty credible to me.

Don't shoot the messenger, I am informing of a rumored news story. I didnt offer up any "opinion"

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Sco11
    The U
    • Jan 2006

Re: JP Trade Talks again, and THIS one is credible.

Damn

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

NOt saying its gonna happen.. Who the hell knows anymore with this team.

all Im saying is Landry is a lot more credible than most.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

full of ****.. speculation.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Not calling you a lair by any means pat, but I really find any trade rumors of trading jp hard to believe. It just doesn't make sense starting over with another young qb, then again, we are practically in rebuilding mode, so there's a slight possibility there's truth to these rumors. Marv must really not like JP's "cockiness", which he keeps insisting is his confidence factor. I would be shocked if they traded jp and really dissapointed for trading in a guy with more physical talent than the other guy.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

If you want to talk cocky, Jim Kelly is second to none.

I doubt Marv has a problem with JP because of his cockiness.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
              • Jun 2003

So Marv is a liar?
              www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Did he discuss how the Bills deal with the cap hit if JP is cut/traded?
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  full of ****.. speculation.
                  '

Could be.. But lets also go over some facts here..

* Only Ice would assume that because we signed a third-string QB from GB who's thrown 33 passes in his NFL career (none last year) and was a 2003 NFLE MVP, that we would be done looking at Quarterbacks.

* By releasing Adams and Milloy, they didnt fit Ferrel's "system.".. who's to say that JP Losman fits Fairchild's? Mark Bulger isn't exactly Steve Young back there for the Rams.

* Marv is signing these young guys.. Basically, he's gutting the team, starting over and rebuilding... Many people have suspected, including myself that maybe JP isnt his guy at QB. I dont know this.. Maybe he's not Jauron's QB either.. If you're rebuilding, I dont care if your QB has 8 starts or 80, you want YOUR quarterback for YOUR system.

* It does seem ridiculous to trade someone after less than a year as a starter, but refer to last point. Maybe they dont like JP as the quarterback here. While he hasnt had a chance to shine, it's fair to assume that maybe they "seen enought to know they seen enough."

* Lets say hypothetically, Landry is right and this does happen.. Just because the Bills would take a QB at 1 doesnt mean they won't address the OL and DL.. Hell, they can use the rest of their draft on both sides of the line. Sometimes we forget number eight isnt our only pick. We'll also get SOME pick for Moulds and if Losman was traded, I'd assume its a first-day pick as well.. There would be PLENTYof draft picks to adress the lines after pick number eight, at least 3-4 quality picks as well.

* Besides Brick who will be gone anyway before 8, Is there really an OL out there who is good enough to step right in and be worthy of a #8 pick? Winston Justice is the ONLY one I can think of, and that's a maybe.

I dont know what to think anymore.. I understand the JP hasnt had a real chance stance.. and I understand this is Marv's team and he's going to build it HIS way stance. Maybe they dont see JP as a future great quarterback, It's definitely possible.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Lets ALL think of this way, whether we LOVE or HATE JP..

If Marv Levy isn't SOLD on JP Losman, and he wants to BUILD a winner.. How is he going to do that with a QB that he's not SOLD on..

I been saying it for weeks and its old and boring.. But again, Marv wants his "Jim Kelly", I'm telling you now.. now MAYBE JP Losman is his "Jim Kelly" or maybe his Jim Kelly is Cutler..Or maybe he's seen something in YOung already too that we dont know about..

For me, you or ANYONE to speculate on how Marv feels about JP Losman is idiotic because the truth is, nobody knows that for sure. I certainly dont see Nall coming in as a ringing endorsement though.

If Young or Cutler are on the board and pass, then we'll know that JP is his guy. Until then, who knows.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                      Not calling you a lair by any means pat, but I really find any trade rumors of trading jp hard to believe. It just doesn't make sense starting over with another young qb, then again, we are practically in rebuilding mode, so there's a slight possibility there's truth to these rumors. Marv must really not like JP's "cockiness", which he keeps insisting is his confidence factor. I would be shocked if they traded jp and really dissapointed for trading in a guy with more physical talent than the other guy.
                      KNow your not calling me a liar. but in case anybody is.
                      This crap is spreading.. It's also been on Sirius radio now and It's also on the Buffalo Bills message board.

(I hate endorsing that crap board- but Once I heard this I started searching EVERYWHERE)

$20 says by tommorow or Monday there is a JP story on NFL Network, fox or ESPN.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

No way we're drafting Cutler. No way.

Maybe Marv is playing that Bellichick/Saban game, intentionally releasing false info prior to the draft, to maybe induce teams to trade up with us.

You're right though Pat. Who knows.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

I dont see marv drafting Young.. I DEFINITELY see him drafting Cutler in a SECOND though.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

First off we aren't drafting a QB. Ralph and Marv won't wait that long. If JP is gone its because of the same reasons. They aren't willing to wait on him to develop. Marv also doesn't like answering JP questions 24/7. No one player is going to be bigger than this TEAM.

Comment

• Kerr
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              '

* By releasing Adams and Milloy, they didnt fit Ferrel's "system.".. who's to say that JP Losman fits Fairchild's? Mark Bulger isn't exactly Steve Young back there for the Rams.

Pat,
                              Jp Losman played in a pass happy offense at tulane-run and shoot.
                              I've said it many times. Jp is a good fit for the offense. Fairchild learned under Martz. Martz' offense is a form of run and shoot, but not exactly. As you can see, jp thrives in pass happy offense where he can make plays. This is the problem I saw with TD and Mularkey. They ben rotheolisbegered him by holding his talents back. They limited him to a power running game offense.The guy was said to be the best physical talent out of all the qb's in that year's draft class. The fact that Bulger did well in Martz offense hardly means anything. Martz offense is said to be a qb friendly offense, so the least talented guy can put up big numbers(ie. Fitzpatrick, martin). But if you have a guy like jp who brings the whole talent to the table, the offense becomes that much more dangerous.
                              Therefore, it would be a mistake for levy to trade losman. The guy has more talent than nall and holcomb put together.

Comment

Working...
                              X