PDA

View Full Version : JP Trade Talks again, and THIS one is credible.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 11:04 PM
JP Losman is indeed on the trading block and the Bills are very interested in drafting Jay Cutler.

This is according to Fox Sports Radio's Chris Landry on his show from Chicago. Not to say he's god, but he's not some geek who knows nothing about football either. He's been a scout with Cleveland and Tennessee and he used to run the scouting combine. He also runs his own scout consulting business and works with a lot of NFL and college teams. He's Fox Sports Radio's NFL analyst.

While this doesn't make this rumor true, he sure as hell sounds pretty credible to me.

Don't shoot the messenger, I am informing of a rumored news story. I didnt offer up any "opinion"

Sco11
03-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Damn

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 11:12 PM
NOt saying its gonna happen.. Who the hell knows anymore with this team.

all Im saying is Landry is a lot more credible than most.

Tatonka
03-25-2006, 11:15 PM
full of ****.. speculation.

Kerr
03-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Not calling you a lair by any means pat, but I really find any trade rumors of trading jp hard to believe. It just doesn't make sense starting over with another young qb, then again, we are practically in rebuilding mode, so there's a slight possibility there's truth to these rumors. Marv must really not like JP's "cockiness", which he keeps insisting is his confidence factor. I would be shocked if they traded jp and really dissapointed for trading in a guy with more physical talent than the other guy.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 11:23 PM
If you want to talk cocky, Jim Kelly is second to none.

I doubt Marv has a problem with JP because of his cockiness.

ZacGriffi~82
03-25-2006, 11:26 PM
So Marv is a liar?

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Did he discuss how the Bills deal with the cap hit if JP is cut/traded?

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 11:31 PM
full of ****.. speculation.'

Could be.. But lets also go over some facts here..

* Only Ice would assume that because we signed a third-string QB from GB who's thrown 33 passes in his NFL career (none last year) and was a 2003 NFLE MVP, that we would be done looking at Quarterbacks.

* By releasing Adams and Milloy, they didnt fit Ferrel's "system.".. who's to say that JP Losman fits Fairchild's? Mark Bulger isn't exactly Steve Young back there for the Rams.

* Marv is signing these young guys.. Basically, he's gutting the team, starting over and rebuilding... Many people have suspected, including myself that maybe JP isnt his guy at QB. I dont know this.. Maybe he's not Jauron's QB either.. If you're rebuilding, I dont care if your QB has 8 starts or 80, you want YOUR quarterback for YOUR system.

* It does seem ridiculous to trade someone after less than a year as a starter, but refer to last point. Maybe they dont like JP as the quarterback here. While he hasnt had a chance to shine, it's fair to assume that maybe they "seen enought to know they seen enough."

* Lets say hypothetically, Landry is right and this does happen.. Just because the Bills would take a QB at 1 doesnt mean they won't address the OL and DL.. Hell, they can use the rest of their draft on both sides of the line. Sometimes we forget number eight isnt our only pick. We'll also get SOME pick for Moulds and if Losman was traded, I'd assume its a first-day pick as well.. There would be PLENTYof draft picks to adress the lines after pick number eight, at least 3-4 quality picks as well.

* Besides Brick who will be gone anyway before 8, Is there really an OL out there who is good enough to step right in and be worthy of a #8 pick? Winston Justice is the ONLY one I can think of, and that's a maybe.

I dont know what to think anymore.. I understand the JP hasnt had a real chance stance.. and I understand this is Marv's team and he's going to build it HIS way stance. Maybe they dont see JP as a future great quarterback, It's definitely possible.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Lets ALL think of this way, whether we LOVE or HATE JP..

If Marv Levy isn't SOLD on JP Losman, and he wants to BUILD a winner.. How is he going to do that with a QB that he's not SOLD on..

I been saying it for weeks and its old and boring.. But again, Marv wants his "Jim Kelly", I'm telling you now.. now MAYBE JP Losman is his "Jim Kelly" or maybe his Jim Kelly is Cutler..Or maybe he's seen something in YOung already too that we dont know about..

For me, you or ANYONE to speculate on how Marv feels about JP Losman is idiotic because the truth is, nobody knows that for sure. I certainly dont see Nall coming in as a ringing endorsement though.

If Young or Cutler are on the board and pass, then we'll know that JP is his guy. Until then, who knows.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Not calling you a lair by any means pat, but I really find any trade rumors of trading jp hard to believe. It just doesn't make sense starting over with another young qb, then again, we are practically in rebuilding mode, so there's a slight possibility there's truth to these rumors. Marv must really not like JP's "cockiness", which he keeps insisting is his confidence factor. I would be shocked if they traded jp and really dissapointed for trading in a guy with more physical talent than the other guy.

KNow your not calling me a liar. but in case anybody is.
This crap is spreading.. It's also been on Sirius radio now and It's also on the Buffalo Bills message board.
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124414
(I hate endorsing that crap board- but Once I heard this I started searching EVERYWHERE)

$20 says by tommorow or Monday there is a JP story on NFL Network, fox or ESPN.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2006, 11:43 PM
No way we're drafting Cutler. No way.

Maybe Marv is playing that Bellichick/Saban game, intentionally releasing false info prior to the draft, to maybe induce teams to trade up with us.

You're right though Pat. Who knows.

patmoran2006
03-25-2006, 11:48 PM
I dont see marv drafting Young.. I DEFINITELY see him drafting Cutler in a SECOND though.

ICE74129
03-25-2006, 11:52 PM
First off we aren't drafting a QB. Ralph and Marv won't wait that long. If JP is gone its because of the same reasons. They aren't willing to wait on him to develop. Marv also doesn't like answering JP questions 24/7. No one player is going to be bigger than this TEAM.

Kerr
03-26-2006, 12:01 AM
'

* By releasing Adams and Milloy, they didnt fit Ferrel's "system.".. who's to say that JP Losman fits Fairchild's? Mark Bulger isn't exactly Steve Young back there for the Rams.

Pat,
Jp Losman played in a pass happy offense at tulane-run and shoot.
I've said it many times. Jp is a good fit for the offense. Fairchild learned under Martz. Martz' offense is a form of run and shoot, but not exactly. As you can see, jp thrives in pass happy offense where he can make plays. This is the problem I saw with TD and Mularkey. They ben rotheolisbegered him by holding his talents back. They limited him to a power running game offense.The guy was said to be the best physical talent out of all the qb's in that year's draft class. The fact that Bulger did well in Martz offense hardly means anything. Martz offense is said to be a qb friendly offense, so the least talented guy can put up big numbers(ie. Fitzpatrick, martin). But if you have a guy like jp who brings the whole talent to the table, the offense becomes that much more dangerous.
Therefore, it would be a mistake for levy to trade losman. The guy has more talent than nall and holcomb put together.

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Pat,
I've said it many times. Jp is a good fit for the offense. Fairchild learned under Martz. Martz' offense is a form of run and shoot, but not exactly. As you can see, jp thrives in pass happy offense where he can make plays. This is the problem I saw with TD and Mularkey. They ben rotheolisbegered him by holding his talents back. They limited him to a power running game offense.The guy was said to be the best physical talent out of all the qb's in that year's draft class. The fact that Bulger did well in Martz offense hardly means anything. Martz offense is said to be a qb friendly offense, so the least talented guy can put up big numbers(ie. Fitzpatrick, martin). But if you have a guy like jp who brings the whole talent to the table, the offense becomes that much more dangerous.
Therefore, it would be a mistake for levy to trade losman. The guy has more talent than nall and holcomb put together.
I don't know what it is, but there has been something bugging me about marv when he talks about JP. Too much 'PC/ media speak'. Something just isn't clicking there.

Hell I remember that video they put up last year showing the process of getting JP. It didn't seem to me Modrak was too thrilled about it. Maybe Modrak told Marv he was against the move and doesn't feel he is a good fit here.

Remember, Modrak has been witness to ALL of the goings on during the TD era. I will say this though, I am well past hearing about it, talking about it etc. Pick one friggin guy and stick with him. This is way old crap now. I am also to the point, cut/Trade JP, Holcomb and start over fresh, but again PICK ONE GUY!

patmoran2006
03-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Pat,

good point, Im not suggesting that we SHOULD trade him, Im just informing of a rumor going on..

I can see both sides of the fence is what i'm saying. Its easy to make a case against him being traded or staying and starting, depending on your point of view.

FA signings show me they're not building to win in 2006.. SO if thats the case, then a trade of the QB for one of his choosing isnt unrealistic either, IF levy feels the Cutler (or Young, who the hell knows anymore) will be better for the team for the next 7 years.

Dozerdog
03-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Wouldn't trade rumors have to involve...say......a second team?????

Mski
03-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Wouldn't trade rumors have to involve...say......a second team?????

yes pat seeing as you've seen this in numerous spots, what are teh other teams mentioned, im not against taking cutler at eight, i think he is a solid choice however, i am strangly agianst taking young. i would like to know who is interested in JP because aside from us most teams with a ? at QB adressed that issue in FA

Mr. Cynical
03-26-2006, 02:27 AM
Someone explain to me what team is going to trade anything more than a cheese sandwich for JP after we effectively would be labelling him a bust? JP has a big question mark on him and until he gets an honest chance to play I doubt any other team is going to bite.

We drafted him and we have his contract so it makes sense for US to take the chance. But I just don't see another team giving up anything valuable if the team who drafted him is trying to dump him to pick up another starting QB. It's not like he has shown anything in the NFL yet so it would be a huge leap of faith to trade for him at this point.

This JP trade stuff is really BS, IMO.

YardRat
03-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Kirwan used to work in the front office of the NY Jets before landing a job as a media whore...it doesn't make the innuendo they spew any more reliable than anybody else's.

As a matter of fact, if they knew more about the game than their counterparts wouldn't they still be employed in the league somewhere?

jmb1099
03-26-2006, 05:36 AM
At this point the only credible source for iinformation like this is Levy himself. A lot of these guys get bored this time of year and just speculate the crap out of everything. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just won't believe it until Marv spaeks it into existence.

FlyingDutchman
03-26-2006, 05:42 AM
what makes this guy credible?

BrunnyJ
03-26-2006, 05:57 AM
If we are going to trade Losman the time is now! Kick his butt out of here and Draft a QB, not sure Cutler is the answer

clumping platelets
03-26-2006, 06:04 AM
:movie:

dolphinssuck
03-26-2006, 06:10 AM
If they trade JP then IMO it would be completely ridiculous. We have a young competent QB who was screwed outta his chance to lead the team and gain some much needed exp. If hes traded Ill lose some faith I have in this team and its management although some of the decisions made in the past has already done this. Ill be a Bills fan 4 ever BUT come on dont be stupid.

jmb1099
03-26-2006, 06:12 AM
If we are going to trade Losman the time is now! Kick his butt out of here and Draft a QB, not sure Cutler is the answer
Not saying we should or shouldn't, but what would getting rid of Losman really benfit us? This topic has been beaten to death, but maybe you have a good reason? Post something new...I can read all of the old arguments if need be by using the "beating a dead horse" search option

Night Train
03-26-2006, 06:24 AM
The season of pre-draft misinformation hooks another sucker fish.

Mitchy moo
03-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Has anyone thought that JP & our 8th pick maybe enough to move up a few spots or to have the bronco's trade us 2 1st rounders?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-26-2006, 06:48 AM
guys, I honestly dont see cutler falling to 8 anyway... oakland and TEnn both need qbs and both (cutler and Linhart0... it seems.. would be gone by 8.

at least that is what my crystal ball says :)

slakjaw157
03-26-2006, 06:58 AM
Nothing says Cutler, Leinhart, or Young will amount to anything in the NFL either. Rookie QB's experience a whole different brand of football when they enter the bigs. The team would accomplish nothing by trading JP and drafting another. IMO it is unrealistic to have expexted JP to light it up in his first year (4 games).

Philagape
03-26-2006, 07:25 AM
If Marv isn't "sold" on JP ... How can he or anyone be sold on Cutler or anyone else who's never played a down in the NFL? What makes Cutler any less a risk? And what makes Cutler better for our system than JP? Cutler's a scrambler too.

Dr. Lecter
03-26-2006, 08:43 AM
I'll ask again: Did Kirwan adress the cap hit received by trading Losman?

acehole
03-26-2006, 09:20 AM
The obvious angle is this.......

Ring....

Ring..

Hello?

Yes Jp...yea..

It is Marv.

How ya doin ya old fart..

Good, good listen...your going to be hearing rumors about being traded...

Listen it is true but not why you think...

Sniff sniff...go on...

We are drumming up interest,....because there are 3 to 4 team interested in J Cutler...and we want a trade down as we have many needs. We dont want to go down too far....so this would be a smoke screen...ok?

ok...

Have you gotten rid of That MEANY RECEIVER YET?

no ....no not yet..

K bye...

Bye stupido..

JJamezz
03-26-2006, 09:22 AM
On the cockiness thing... Cutler is JUST as cocky as JP was ever perceived to be, if not moreso... And I have no problem with that, I think its actually a good quality for a QB, provided it doesn't alienate any of their teammates.. But its just amazing how Cutler's cockiness goes unmentioned, or is spun as a positive, when JP was made out to be the spawn of satan coming out of college.

Albany,n.y.
03-26-2006, 09:30 AM
I'll ask again: Did Kirwan adress the cap hit received by trading Losman?

They can't because one look at Clumpy's salary cap page shows how ridiculous the rumor is. JP would cost an extra $2 million on this year's cap in dead space if we trade him. Since Donahoe isn't a GM anywhere, nobody would give the Bills anything for JP that would be worth taking the salary cap hit.

The whole rumor is 100% BS

justasportsfan
03-26-2006, 09:47 AM
PAt, if this isn't true. Just shut it. What happened to the Idonijie for Moulds source? Call it a rumor if you must. But don't go saying this or that guy is credible or whatever. Just call it a rumor.

patmoran2006
03-26-2006, 09:58 AM
What am I supposed to be , Walter Cronkite?
I saw a rumor, LINKED talk the rumor, and that's that..

Dont be so stupid (few select people)
This is a F'n MESSAGE board.. Is that NOT what you do on message boards? did I write an essay on why we SHOULD trade JP Losman?

Typical case of a Bills fan seing something THEY DONT agree with and lashing out.. Why do I need to provide sources and teams that would be interested in him, its NOT MY STORY!! I started a thread with a f'n rumor going around AND I showed a link that the talk was spreading.. NOTHING more and NOTHING less. When ASKED in a response about MY OPINION, then I provided my OPINION..

Just because YOU think trading him is stupid, ATTACK the rumor, DONT ATTACK ME.

And Chris Landry is A LOT more credible than other talk show hosts and writers because has A LOT to do with the scouting business, he runs his own in fact.. So just maybe he knows something about the Bills that nobody else here does...

justasportsfan
03-26-2006, 10:03 AM
What am I supposed to be , Walter Cronkite?
I saw a rumor, LINKED talk the rumor, and that's that..

Dont be so stupid (few select people)
This is a F'n MESSAGE board.. Is that NOT what you do on message boards? did I write an essay on why we SHOULD trade JP Losman?

Typical case of a Bills fan seing something THEY DONT agree with and lashing out.. Why do I need to provide sources and teams that would be interested in him, its NOT MY STORY!! I started a thread with a f'n rumor going around AND I showed a link that the talk was spreading.. NOTHING more and NOTHING less. When ASKED in a response about MY OPINION, then I provided my OPINION..

Just because YOU think trading him is stupid, ATTACK the rumor, DONT ATTACK ME.

And Chris Landry is A LOT more credible than other talk show hosts and writers because has A LOT to do with the scouting business, he runs his own in fact.. So just maybe he knows something about the Bills that nobody else here does...
your thread title sucks. We shall see in time how credible this guy is.

YardRat
03-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Rumors are good and give people something to talk/argue/discuss...

Landry has no more credibility than anyone else involved with the media. Just because he has/does run his own scouting business doesn't mean he has any more info than anybody else when it comes to Levy and the Bills.

Take it for what it's worth....speculation by someone outside the confines of OBD...nothing more, nothing less.

acehole
03-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Also could be a ploy to the jets.......

To push them into thinking if they dont take him the bills will

and huant them with this pick for 10 years......

justasportsfan
03-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Also could be a ploy to the jets.......

To push them into thinking if they dont take him the bills will

and huant them with this pick for 10 years......

10600why you.... :blowup:

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 10:40 AM
We can't outbid the Jets for the #2 spot so Lionart and Cuttler are gone. Young isn't worth taking in the 4th round let alone at #8. So all of this is moot point

acehole
03-26-2006, 11:14 AM
We can't outbid the Jets for the #2 spot so Lionart and Cuttler are gone. Young isn't worth taking in the 4th round let alone at #8. So all of this is moot point<<<

No no...what I am saying is if the jets get wind we are hot for J Cutler...it might make them pause to say....well maybe we should take a look at him.....if our division rivals get him instead of us....we will live to reget it.... (There thinking)

To gode them into taking him.....

Get it?

Pushes better none qb talent down tward us....or creates a stir for sombody to trade up in our spot or above us(If he is still there) to get him.....win win in either case.

that is just speculation...obviously....but good predraft disimformation.

FlyingDutchman
03-26-2006, 02:46 PM
is there such thing as a credible rumor?

bledslow
03-26-2006, 03:29 PM
is there a science-fiction forum on this website. every team must have seen jp play by now in one way or the other,who would want this guy?? the most you could get for this guy is maybe a used aids infected rubber. every GM knows by now that this guy has no football smarts what-so-ever.