PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear about GB making us an offer for moulds?

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Saw this somewhere else, thought I would post it.

G.B. is offering us Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and our 3rd round pick (77), and our 4th round pick in 2007.

Kerr
03-26-2006, 12:04 AM
I'd f'n take it!
I hope that rumor comes true.

Dozerdog
03-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Link please

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Link please No link. As I said I saw it on another board, wanted to see if anyone else heard it.

PUCKER
03-26-2006, 12:31 AM
That sounds like a good deal! They should do it.

ZacGriffi~82
03-26-2006, 12:32 AM
I've seen it on two boards. Said it was reported by ESPN Radio.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Moulds and our 3rd this year and 4th next year for Walker and their 5th is a bit steep, especially considering Walker has a blown knee.

Change it to Moulds and our 4th (and no next year pick) and we'll have a deal.

BILLS#1
03-26-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm drooling over the notion of that deal coming to fruition.

Historian
03-26-2006, 04:24 AM
I wouldn't touch that deal with a ten foot pole.

We need those picks. Your team is built in the third and fourth round, and we have way too many holes.

I would give them Moulds and either this year's or next year's fifth.

YardRat
03-26-2006, 04:33 AM
Switch the picks around and I'd take it.

AndreReed83
03-26-2006, 05:52 AM
I think that's a terrible deal for Buffalo.

clumping platelets
03-26-2006, 05:52 AM
I wouldn't give up any picks.......Moulds for Walker

Walker coming off serious injury and will want a new contract

I'm actually not inclined to even entertain this deal anyhoo....

jamze132
03-26-2006, 05:53 AM
I don't like giving up picks for bum knee.

oldno711
03-26-2006, 07:45 AM
I would take the deal in a second. I would prefer not to give up a third this year, but walker and evans would make a helluva 1-2 punch.

Is everyone forgetting we spent 2 first rounders on "bum knees," and they've seem to work out pretty well...

acehole
03-26-2006, 08:01 AM
We will get a better deal then that....

If the rumor is true....

I say no.

Typ0
03-26-2006, 08:06 AM
that looks like we would be paying them to take EM off our hands...no deal!

acehole
03-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Does anybody know the reason he wants out?

If we do think this is a good more are we trading a old malcontent for a yong one?

Is it contract related?

It is a good swap bringing farve a vet for a good young guy...on a team that want to get yonger....this draft is to deep to give that much up.

I say do it even trade and give them a conditional pick if he meets certain criteria....

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Does anybody know the reason he wants out?

If we do think this is a good more are we trading a old malcontent for a yong one?

Is it contract related?

It is a good swap bringing farve a vet for a good young guy...on a team that want to get yonger....this draft is to deep to give that much up.

I say do it even trade and give them a conditional pick if he meets certain criteria....
It started out as contract related. He's still in his rookie contract even though he's been the #1 guy on his team for almost 2 years. He started *****ing about it last off season and his QB Favre came out and said to the media he basically needed to shut up about it, and that the team could win without him anyway.

With your QB publicly denouncing you, you'd want out too.

acehole
03-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Thank you Mr Miagi...

I say no thanks....

or Give him a preformance based deal.

with a conditional pick for GB.

Gunzlingr
03-26-2006, 08:24 AM
I would like to see Walker in a Bills uni, but this price seems a bit steep.

Dozerdog
03-26-2006, 08:41 AM
More message board rumor garbage

Marvelous
03-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Forget Walker! He wan't to get PAID! All last off season on Sirius radio i heard his agent & him complain and they talked about it forever. The kid is a pain in the arse. Esp now that his knee is flawed. I'll pass... What other players out there are unhappy with their teams and are becoming a headache?

patmoran2006
03-26-2006, 10:13 AM
What is the status of Walker's knee? Is it 100% yet or close to it? If not, is he expected to be 100% by the summer?

Even If the answer to this question is yes, then my answer to that trade still would be no.. He's a top 10 talent in the league at this position... Evans/Walker is Price and Moulds from four years ago.

dont worry though, marv is NOT making this trade.. He wants to rid himself of a headache, not acquire another one..

Javon's been *****ing about money playing in GB and with Favre, dont even know how'd he act coming to Buffalo.

Walker would be a great upgrade SHORT TERM, but he puts up 90 catches in 2006 he'll want the farm by next season, and we already got plenty to deal with when it comes to guys like that (Nate)

Scumbag College
03-26-2006, 03:01 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

"Packers | J. Walker selling his house; preparing to move on
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:39:51 -0800

Ron Borges, of the Boston Globe, reports the Green Bay Packers opened their offseason workout program without unhappy WR Javon Walker, who put his house up for sale in Green Bay the day after the workouts began and enlisted the help of his parents to clean it out. Walker claims he'd rather retire than play a fifth season for the Packers. Green Bay is insisting it will not trade him."

I think Moulds for Walker straight up is the way to go. No way should the Bills give up a draft pick for this guy in addition to Moulds. Plus, it sounds like a similiar situation with Moulds and the Bills in that Walker looks pretty serious about leaving as well, which might not give GB much leverage in negotiations.

Iehoshua
03-26-2006, 03:35 PM
More message board rumor garbage
What do you think makes up the majority of the posts on message boards?
:rofl:

Tatonka
03-26-2006, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't touch that deal with a ten foot pole.

We need those picks. Your team is built in the third and fourth round, and we have way too many holes.

I would give them Moulds and either this year's or next year's fifth.

yeah.. guys like ron edwards, bannan, edwards, preston, wire, ect... they really put us over the top.

i would take a chance on not having one of those superstars for a proven stud at wr like walker.

likelyhood is that we are not going to be missing out on the next terrance mcgee..

Tatonka
03-26-2006, 04:19 PM
by the way.. i think this "rumor" is total crap.. but i wouldnt mind it.

i have no concerns about walkers knee.. like someone else said.. much less severe than willis.. he will be fine.

Slim
03-26-2006, 06:36 PM
by the way.. i think this "rumor" is total crap.. but i wouldnt mind it.

i have no concerns about walkers knee.. like someone else said.. much less severe than willis.. he will be fine.

I agree, i would take the trade.

Bill Brasky
03-26-2006, 07:40 PM
I would trade these 2 straight up. They are similar players, but Walker had a pretty serious knee injury if I remember correctly.

I might consider Moulds and a 4th for Walker and a 5th, but I wouldn't give them two picks. I'd rather trade both guys straight up. Mould might be slightly older, but Walker has the injury history.

lordofgun
03-26-2006, 07:44 PM
I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Bert102176
03-26-2006, 10:14 PM
no way would I give up picks who knows how that knee is gonna hold up of Walkers I would make him do some workouts with the team 1st, before any trade for him to see how he can run, cut, and just move.

ParanoidAndroid
03-26-2006, 10:27 PM
I'd take away the 5th and offer them the 4th and Walker for Moulds and no picks. Cutting Moulds loose and gaining Walker for a 4th rounder is worth it IMO. Given Walker's condition, he might have to take an incentive laden contract. The potential reward far outweighs the risk. Of course he would have to pass a team physical before a trade is finalized.

DraftBoy
03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Kid was coming into his own and becoming a top 15 season before his knee gave out last season. I think the price is a little high. Id do EM, 4th 06 for Walker, and a 5th 06. but not a 3rd this year and a 4th next. Close but not quite there yet. Hope the rumor is true. Our QB (whomever he may be) is gonna need a good #1 WR and Walker has all the motivation in the world to do great things next year.

SABURZFAN
03-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Saw this somewhere else, thought I would post it.

G.B. is offering us Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and our 3rd round pick (77), and our 4th round pick in 2007.

i don't like it.we need our draft picks.

Historian
03-27-2006, 05:52 AM
yeah.. guys like ron edwards, bannan, edwards, preston, wire, ect... they really put us over the top.

i would take a chance on not having one of those superstars for a proven stud at wr like walker.

The core of your team is built in the 3rd and 4th round...it's a fact.

It's not Marv's fault Donahoe flubbed those picks....but it is his responsibility to see that they're not flubbed in the future.

Jersey1031
03-27-2006, 08:09 AM
I'd take away the 5th and offer them the 4th and Walker for Moulds and no picks. Cutting Moulds loose and gaining Walker for a 4th rounder is worth it IMO. Given Walker's condition, he might have to take an incentive laden contract. The potential reward far outweighs the risk. Of course he would have to pass a team physical before a trade is finalized.

Trades are always pending until there are physicals, so we wouldn't be surprised by any setback knee injury he still has...And the trade would then be dead.

Meathead
03-27-2006, 08:13 AM
why would george bush want to buy moulds, is condi retiring?

BillsNick
03-27-2006, 08:31 AM
I take the deal, Walker can only make this team better, but I don't include a next year pick.