Poor Throws 76, 39.2% of incomplete passes, 16.9% of overall attempts
Intercepted 16, 8.2% of incomplete passes, 3.6% of overall attempts

Another stat for the Drewlers/JP bashers

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Tell me which way you want to go and I'll argue with you. :D

Yasgur's Farm
03-26-2006, 09:14 AM
LOL... I guess that's my point... Not much difference between Losman's 2005 stats vs Drewlers 2004 stats... EXCEPT 12 YEARS!!!

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes there is something JP has that Drew doesn't. THey're called LEGS.

Italian Stallion
03-26-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm not defending Drew, but he played all 16 games....JP played 8. Enough said as to why the numbers look off.

Bill Brasky
03-26-2006, 09:26 AM
JP played in half the # of games that Bledsoe did, therefore, this argument is not valid.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Plus, you're comparing a guy with 12 years starting experience and a practical rookie with 8 games under his belt.

I went on a job interview couple months ago, with my 10 years experience, and learned that they were also interviewing some kid fresh out of college. Needless to say they went cheap and hired the kid. Why they interviewed both of us is a myth.

My point is, comparing the two is apples to oranges. Makes no sense.

YardRat
03-26-2006, 10:32 AM
I'd like to know who compiled the stats and determined what qualified as a 'poor throw'.

Yasgur's Farm
03-26-2006, 11:04 AM
I'd like to know who compiled the stats and determined what qualified as a 'poor throw'.snap.stats.com
A fairly reliable source.

Yasgur's Farm
03-26-2006, 11:05 AM
JP played in half the # of games that Bledsoe did, therefore, this argument is not valid.That's the nice thing about percentages... They allow a nice comparison without having to have the same number of games played.

I'll be happy to tutor you in math if you like.

YardRat
03-26-2006, 11:10 AM
All I get when click on the link is sewing machine sales, and fantasy football products.

How about looking up Holcomb and Nall and posting their stats for us, also?

Yasgur's Farm
03-26-2006, 02:34 PM
All I get when click on the link is sewing machine sales, and fantasy football products.

How about looking up Holcomb and Nall and posting their stats for us, also?
Here you go... in alphabetical order.
Bledsoe (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=2359&Submit=Go)
Holcomb (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=3873&Submit=Go)
Losman (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=6781&Submit=Go)
Nall (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=6050&Submit=Go)

Mitchy moo
03-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Plus, you're comparing a guy with 12 years starting experience and a practical rookie with 8 games under his belt.

I went on a job interview couple months ago, with my 10 years experience, and learned that they were also interviewing some kid fresh out of college. Needless to say they went cheap and hired the kid. Why they interviewed both of us is a myth.

My point is, comparing the two is apples to oranges. Makes no sense.

When the interview ended & they said your not getting the job, did you tell them too wax off?

Kenny
03-26-2006, 06:15 PM
That's the nice thing about percentages... They allow a nice comparison without having to have the same number of games played.

Yes, but percentages can easily be skewed if the samples arent the same.

Who's to say that personA starts off slowly in the season and then finishes off hot, or vice versa?
Or if personB gets better the more he throws the ball?
Also, one quarterback had the backing of a #2 defense, while the other one had the backing of a #30 defense. Meaning he (possibly) didnt have to worry about making as many mistakes as the person who had the crappy defense?

Simply put, you cant just pick a couple of of numbers and make a percentage... it doesnt work that way.

Yasgur's Farm
03-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Just to make things clear... I'm a JP supporter and this thread was to draw attention to the fact that JP had a similar year in 2005 to Drewlers 2004. Even though the Drewler was a 12 year vet.

Jan Reimers
03-27-2006, 12:08 PM
That's the nice thing about percentages... They allow a nice comparison without having to have the same number of games played.

Good answer. We cranky old guys need to stick together.

Buckets
03-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Yes, but percentages can easily be skewed if the samples arent the same.

Who's to say that personA starts off slowly in the season and then finishes off hot, or vice versa?
Or if personB gets better the more he throws the ball?
Also, one quarterback had the backing of a #2 defense, while the other one had the backing of a #30 defense. Meaning he (possibly) didnt have to worry about making as many mistakes as the person who had the crappy defense?

Simply put, you cant just pick a couple of of numbers and make a percentage... it doesnt work that way.

What if's and shoulda, coulda, woulda's don't count. Only the numbers