PDA

View Full Version : Should OJ be allowed to go to HOF induction ceremony

northernbillfan
02-03-2003, 03:58 AM
In August when Joe DeLamielleure is inducted to the HOF, should OJ be allowed to go to the induction ceremony?

DeLamielleure, was instrumental in OJ's success, but is OJ's past too tainted?

IMHO, Tha HOF is too sacred for his presence.

shelby
02-03-2003, 04:19 AM
He's a :angry:er....he shouldn't go.

The_Philster
02-03-2003, 04:54 AM
It would likely be too dangerous for him to go. There'd be too much of an uproar if he went and if it was announced that he was going, the crowds would be sparse.

don137
02-03-2003, 05:15 AM
I don't know if the league could say no if he wanted to go but I don't think he would be well received if he went. I would hope Joe D would know better than to invite him. He was once my childhood hero and today I can not stand the sight of the guy.

mush69
02-03-2003, 05:50 AM
I don't see where it would be a problem for OJ or any other well wisher for Joe D to be at the HOF induction ceremony. Let's face it OJ will bring himself attention wherever he shows up these days. If OJ minds his P's & Q's and takes a seat to honor a football legend getting inducted to the HOF then so be it. On the other hand if OJ goes to knowingly take the attention away from Joe D. or if he feels like it maybe a distraction then he shouldn't be present. He may not be a welcomed visitor by some people then again Joe D. just might not want him there anyway. It wouldn't bother me one bit if he was there or not.

Jack In Syracuse
02-03-2003, 07:33 AM
It shouldn't be much of an issue. The Hall is celebrating their 40th anniversary this year, so for the ceremony, they are inviting back all the inductees. OJ is in the Hall, so if he wants to be there, he can go.

Cntrygal
02-03-2003, 07:47 AM
I agree with Mush and Jack. He went into the HOF for his football accomplishments. If they were to withhold his right to be there.... then they may as well not induct anyone until they are dead. That way they can make sure that the candidate ended up as a decent human being.

German
02-03-2003, 07:49 AM
He was found not guilty. End of story.

Yes, he should be there.

Pride
02-03-2003, 10:13 AM
Found "Not guilty", isn't the same as found "innocent"

Billz_fan
02-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
In August when Joe DeLamielleure is inducted to the HOF, should OJ be allowed to go to the induction ceremony?

DeLamielleure, was instrumental in OJ's success, but is OJ's past too tainted?

IMHO, Tha HOF is too sacred for his presence.

Legally, sure he gets to go. Im sure the Hall of Fame will allow it also, I would if I was the guy at the hall deciding. I don't want my cerimony tainted by not allowing or trying not to allow OJ who was found "not guilty" by jury trial into the ceremony. You really got no legs to stand on by trying to keep him out.

My personal opinion is he shouldn't be walking the street much less the induction ceremony :D

SoCalBillsFan
02-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Found "Not guilty", isn't the same as found "innocent"

actually legally it is. In this country if you are found not guilty you have the exact same rights andf priveleges as anyone else.

From a legal standpoint, there is nothing they can do to keep OJ from going.

The_Philster
02-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Legally yes, he can go. But he would be a distraction and would be better off not going. I believed he was possibly innocent until the civil trial in which he lied under oath about hitting Nicole. If he lied about that, he probably lied about killing her.

PA Season Ticket Holder
02-03-2003, 09:28 PM
I don't care if he goes or not. He's not showing up at Nicole Simpson's parents wedding aniversary. He shouldn't go because of the attention it would cause, but if him on Joe D. wants him there, then that's their choice.

The Big Daddy
02-04-2003, 08:08 AM
The only thing his first trial proved was if you have an incompetent judge and prosecutors, good lawyers and plenty of money, combined with a racially biased jury you can get away with a double murder.
His civil trial didn't go so well as he was found to be financilly responsible for the deaths of two people.
He doesn't belong anywhere but in jail and that includes aHOF ceromony.

TedMock
02-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Whether or not he committed those murders at this point is irrelevent. We all have our opinions of him but none of us know all of the details, only what we were showed on television. I don't know if it would be wise for him to show up but because he was found "not guilty" he has just as much a right to be there as any of us. (By irrelevent, I was talking about this particular point, obviously murders are very relevent)

clumping platelets
02-04-2003, 08:30 AM
Yes, he should. He was found "not guilty" by a jury of his peers.

I've waivered on his guilt/innocence since it happened, but until it's proven "without a shadow of a doubt", he should be allowed to live his life

Dozerdog
02-04-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by German
He was found not guilty. End of story.

Yes, he should be there.

But he was found liabel in a civil court

That notwithstanding- OJ has every right to go. H's a member of the hall.

From listening to Joe D as he hit the sradio ports talk show circuit at the super bowl, OJ will not be his focus. I doubt Joe D would have invited him

OJ is not dumb. He does not seek the press out. They seek him out. He knows it would be a feeding frenzy if he showed up. He won't

WG
02-04-2003, 10:42 AM
His criminal court was travesty of our justice system. There was plenty of evidence that he did it and he did. Civil court was simply a formal indication that he did. If he hadn't, then he would have won the civil case as well. Only someone's who's blind or misinformed for one reason or another would consider that he did not do it.

Ergo, the question becomes does the HoF ceremony want a murderer in their midst "on stage" to whatever degree that occurs.

Frankly, if I were OJ, I'd be ashamed to be seen anywhere at all where there are cameras. Then again, I wouldn't kill someone brutally like that either.

His going isn't going to add anything positive. His refraining won't add anything negative.

Personally, I don't care whether he goes or not.

Earthquake Enyart
02-04-2003, 10:47 AM
If OJ is not dumb, and is camera shy, why did he show up at USC practice before the Orange Bowl?

He is dumb enough to go to Canton.

lordofgun
02-04-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by The Big Daddy
The only thing his first trial proved was if you have an incompetent judge and prosecutors, good lawyers and plenty of money, combined with a racially biased jury you can get away with a double murder.
His civil trial didn't go so well as he was found to be financilly responsible for the deaths of two people.
He doesn't belong anywhere but in jail and that includes aHOF ceromony.

Welcome Big Daddy. :beers:

WG
02-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
If OJ is not dumb, and is camera shy, why did he show up at USC practice before the Orange Bowl?

He is dumb enough to go to Canton.

I don't think anyone truly believes that he is gonna win any awards for superior intellect.

Earthquake Enyart
02-04-2003, 05:01 PM
He probably thinks that Joe D will ask him to present him.

The Big Daddy
02-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Welcome Big Daddy. :beers:

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to know my fellow posters in the very near future.

Cntrygal
02-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Welcome BigD! :)

:cheers: