View Full Version : Draft looking more more more

acehole
03-26-2006, 05:41 PM
From

http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/GJH_Mock.cfm

ROUND ONE
==
01. Hou Texans ~ RB Reggie Bush, USC
Elite prospect in the mold of Tony Dorsett, but a much better receiver, and you folks down in Texas know what that entails.
==
02. N.O. Saints ~ DE Mario Williams, NC State
If Julius Peppers went #2 Overall at approximately 280 Pounds, and he did, don't think Super Mario isn't worthy of this pick at 295. But the Saints may try to trade down.
==
03. Tenn Titans ~ QB Matt Leinart, USC
Tough call. Could be Cutler and could be Leinart. When push comes to shove I'm betting Norm Chow lobbies for his former pupil and wins.
==
04. N.Y. Jets ~ QB Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt
Pat Ramsey changes nothing in regards to a long term solution, and Chad remains a risky proposition. Cutler is a pocket passer with a big arm who translates well to the next level. If the first two picks fall Bush and Mario as projected, I think the Jets will sit tight, let the Titans choose between Leinart and Cutler, then gladly take the other guy.
==
05. G.B. Packers ~ TE Vernon Davis, Maryland
At nearly 6' 4"/265 and running in the 4.3's, and also a spectacular player, Duke Davis is arguably the best tight-end prospect to come down the pike since Kellen Winslow Sr.
==
06. S.F. 49ers ~ OLB AJ Hawk, Ohio State
The need is to overwhelming at linebacker to pass on Hawk in this spot. Arguably the Greatest linebacker in Buckeyes history, and that's saying a ton.
==
07. Oak Raiders ~ QB Vince Young, Texas
If there's anything Al Davis loves more than super athletes it's proving the wise guys wrong. Here he gets a chance to do both, draft an incredible athlete and hope the Titans and Jets will rue this day.
==
08. Buff Bills ~ OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia
The Bills never planned on Brick falling to 8, but Marv Levy is old school and he won't let the value of a probable franchise left tackle fall to 9.

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh hell I wish!

EDS
03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
I can't see it happening but certaintly wouldn't complain if it did.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-26-2006, 06:06 PM
http://media.scout.com/media/image/26/260881.jpg

TAMBA HALI

Kenny
03-26-2006, 06:07 PM
02. N.O. Saints ~ DE Mario Williams, NC State
If Julius Peppers went #2 Overall at approximately 280 Pounds, and he did, don't think Super Mario isn't worthy of this pick at 295. But the Saints may try to trade down.
==

Though I'd love for the Bills to get Brick, The Saints need him more than Mario Williams (they already have 2 very good pass rushers).

Plus I really dont like the comparison to Julius Peppers. Sure he has the same measureables, but I dont get why people arent asking themselves why 'Super' Mario didnt dominate games like Julius did?
Im not doubting that this kid isnt worthy of a top10 pick, or possibly a top5 pick, but to go #2 overall based solely on physical stats is nuts.

Night Train
03-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Draftdaddy.com ?

Didn't they used to be Blesto scouting ? :rolleyes:

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 06:15 PM
http://media.scout.com/media/image/26/260881.jpg

TAMBA HALI

He sucked up his pro day. Scouts are saying he wont' even be a round 1 pick now.

Tatonka
03-26-2006, 06:16 PM
funny thing is, i guarentee that there isnt a mock draft out there right now.. anywhere, that has exactly how those top 10 picks will go down.. the draft is so unpredictable.. all it takes is one trade, and everything goes crazy.. or a team not getting their draft card in on time.. lol.

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Though I'd love for the Bills to get Brick, The Saints need him more than Mario Williams (they already have 2 very good pass rushers).

Plus I really dont like the comparison to Julius Peppers. Sure he has the same measureables, but I dont get why people arent asking themselves why 'Super' Mario didnt dominate games like Julius did?
Im not doubting that this kid isnt worthy of a top10 pick, or possibly a top5 pick, but to go #2 overall based solely on physical stats is nuts.

Ok so Mario falls to us at #8. That would be outstanding.

Scumbag College
03-26-2006, 06:18 PM
That's a great three round mock for the Bills with the exception of the Fasano pick. I'd rather have Stovall, Eslinger, or O'Callaghan if they're all there with the second 3rd round pick. McCargo is a quick type of DT that might do well in the cover 2. Also part of a DLine at NC State that was really effective.

Meathead
03-26-2006, 06:36 PM
or the jets screwing up yet another high pick

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 06:38 PM
or the jets screwing up yet another high pick

LMAO yeah they have cut all but one of a 4 pick first round draft from a few years back.

Kerr
03-26-2006, 09:39 PM
I really would be happy getting John McCargo.

Turf
03-26-2006, 09:42 PM
NO WAY GB takes a TE at #5. Just aint gonna happen.

Oaklandraider
03-26-2006, 09:45 PM
yeah right us picking vice young over d-brick LOL we wont even pick vince anymore we have three able qbs smart guy. the niners taking a LB i no they lost peterson but they just resignd there other LBs and they have no offense period second of all they would take d-brick if he fell. the raiders would take d-brick, mario, huff, vernon or aj woever falls to them thats not a qb.

patmoran2006
03-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Brick isnt lasting til FOUR let alone falling to eight.. Either is Mario Williams.

There are only two marqee franchise players that may slip to Buffalo at eight.. Hawk or Davis, and thats ONLY if Vince Young goes in the top seven.

Oaklandraider
03-26-2006, 09:53 PM
we will grab hawk or vernon beofre the jills do hawk first though and you can take vernon

capitolneal
03-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Brick isnt lasting til FOUR let alone falling to eight.. Either is Mario Williams.

There are only two marqee franchise players that may slip to Buffalo at eight.. Hawk or Davis, and thats ONLY if Vince Young goes in the top seven.

I'll take either of those guys I know we have glaring needs but.....

patmoran2006
03-26-2006, 10:05 PM
we will grab hawk or vernon beofre the jills do hawk first though and you can take vernon

Yer preaching to the choir.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Seriously this draftdaddy guy must be a Bills fan LOL.

vicmantak
03-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Just my opinion but I would love to see Vernon Davis on blue, red and white...

clumping platelets
03-27-2006, 03:04 AM
If SF or Oak do not want him....I'm sure another team is likely to trade up and grab him......Da brick will not last until #8

Oaklandraider
03-27-2006, 03:13 AM
i think the raiders will take mike huff in the 1st and thomas howard or d quell jackson in the 2nd.

Captain gameboy
03-27-2006, 04:04 AM

There's some favorable history to that logic as well.

The Saint's Director of College scouting is Rick Reiprish, who drafted Tony Biselli as the number one pick ever of the Jaguars.

Scouts were here in town this past week for UVA's Pro timing day, which is like a little NFL combine for UVA hopefuls.

Reiprish was all over him. Talked quite a bit about his character etc.

Brick has been working out in Orlando since the Senior Bowl.

Showed up at 305. Ran back to back 5.09 40's.

SABURZFAN
03-27-2006, 04:33 AM
it would be nice.i don't see it happening though.