PDA

View Full Version : My 3 round mock

acehole
03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
I figure DT tackle allthough a huge need will be more of a rotation and less important that a rookie will be relied upon
So I went with O-line first

And yes it is possible...with the buzz on qb's...

#8 OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia

Pros:Amazing pass blocker, great hands, very quick, reacts well against the blitz. Very athletic for an OT, good feet, can get to outside rushers, good extension.
Cons:Could add some weight, might need to bulk up to be as effective as possible, needs to fine tune run blocking.

#42. Buff Bills OG Charles Spencer, Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh

After get the # 1 tackle they get the # 1 Guard.

Pros:Versatile player with good size and wingspan. He converted from defensive line to play tackle and guard for the Panthers. Expected to be drafted at guard but may be able to move as needed.
Cons:Needs much more experience and refinement. Gets by on physical attributes and hard work.

==
70. Buff Bills ~ Jesse Mahelona DT

lost out on the other somoan Dt

<TABLE cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><CENTER></CENTER>
Defensive Tackle - Tennessee <CENTER> </CENTER></TD><TR height=5><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Height: 6'2"
Weight: 300
http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/images/Profiles/jessemahelona.jpg The man just makes plays, he has great instincts and a nose for the ball. Does not have favorable measurables, but is exceptionally quick for a 300 lbs. tackle. Mahelona can always be found in the opposing team's backfield, he's a fantastic pass rusher and good against the run as well. He is only 6'2", but with his quickness and motor he is still a great tackle prospect. If he has as good a senior year as he had a junior year, I think he could sneak into the first round or be a very nice value pick in the second round. I just love the way he plays the game. A tremendous talent, and a talent that I feel not many people recognize - yet. Strengths:
• Great quickness, acceleration & burst off the line
• Has football instincts, a nose for the ball Weaknesses:
• Is a little short for the position
• Does not over power people
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>
73. Buff Bills ~John McCargo | #90
<CENTER></CENTER>
Defensive Tackle - N.C. State <CENTER></CENTER></TD><TR height=5><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Height: 6'2"
Weight: 295
http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/images/Profiles/johnmccargo.jpg McCargo is a very impressive pass rusher from the DT spot. When you watch him he gains penetration even against constant double teams. He has very good size for a DT and great quickness. He has a great spin move to his arsenal that really allows him to split double teams. McCargo is always moving on the field and rarely gets stuck on a block. With his ability to penetrate the backfield look for McCargo to be a potential 1st round draft pick whenever he comes out, he has that kind of potential. He has the ability to be the 1st DT selected and that is saying something considering the other players at that position. However, his success might be partially due to the fact that he is surrounded by two great DE’s in Lawson and Williams, yet one must take into consideration McCargo is the one out of those three that is consistently double teamed.
Strengths:
• Ability to slit the double team
• Is a great pass rusher from DT position
• Stays low and gets a solid push on the OL consistently Weaknesses:
• Is not in ideal physical condition
• Needs to gain more toughness at the point of attack

Slim
03-26-2006, 06:40 PM
I'd love to get brick and spencer.

SquishDaFish
03-26-2006, 06:41 PM
If we can get those 1st two picks ID die lol

Marvelous
03-26-2006, 06:41 PM
I love reading mocks by Bills fans. Props on the work & time bro.. BUT! These picks are to "needy" We need a NT and a guard or a tackle. What about SS,FS,#3 CB, QB,backup RB,TE,LE.. I'm just saying the problems are not solved with these players. So lets not attempt to force it.. I don't think i'm wording this right.. 21 hours w no sleep:( .. I think LG is a huge need outside the 1st round like you predict. LT with Gandy will be ok for now until we can upgrade or switch Peters etc. And We can get any rookie NT to compete with Tim Anderson who did step up a lil bit towards the last 5-6 games lastyear.. I know we need a NT but not at #8 and if it's not a great selection anywhere day 1, then i don't wanna see it forced...

Tatonka
03-26-2006, 06:44 PM
i dont see that happening, but i would be as happy as phil in the Jills locker room if it did.

:up:

YardRat
03-26-2006, 06:47 PM
I'd be shocked if Brick fell to us at eight.

acehole
03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post1415281 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>Safties are easier to find in the draft as alot of tweener LB get a shot there.... cb is a concern but Nate is still here....if he goes we got a high pick...We might get the DB from .....boston
http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Profiles/willblackmon.shtml

in the 4th that would be good to groom if Nate stays....

I think we need to start thinking LB depth more...but those can be had late in the draft as well

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar3211_1.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=3211)

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1415281>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left><!-- icon and title -->

Re: My 3 round mock
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I love reading mocks by Bills fans. Props on the work & time bro.. BUT! These picks are to "needy" We need a NT and a guard or a tackle. What about SS,FS,#3 CB, QB,backup RB,TE,LE.. I'm just saying the problems are not solved with these players. So lets not attempt to force it.. I don't think i'm wording this right.. 21 hours w no sleep:( .. I think LG is a huge need outside the 1st round like you predict. LT with Gandy will be ok for now until we can upgrade or switch Peters etc. And We can get any rookie NT to compete with Tim Anderson who did step up a lil bit towards the last 5-6 games lastyear.. I know we need a NT but not at #8 and if it's not a great selection anywhere day 1, then i don't wanna see it forced...

ICE74129
03-26-2006, 07:33 PM
What? Spend 4 straight picks to shore up the OL and DL? WTF are you thinking? don't you know it's QB or TE? (sarcasm off)

patmoran2006
03-26-2006, 07:55 PM
What? Spend 4 straight picks to shore up the OL and DL? WTF are you thinking? don't you know it's QB or TE? (sarcasm off)

You're not even worth a comment, because by next week you'll change your mind.. again

2 weeks ago it was "we suck= no fans after last years crap"
1 week ago it was "in marv we trust"
today its line line line.. when Vernon Davis or michael huff does get drafted, you'll probably wait til 20 comments are in before you post, and then AFTER everyone is on board with it.. so will you be as well.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-26-2006, 07:57 PM
INSANITY I SAY! INSANITY!

Great homework to delve into this so well. I dont see D'brick falling to 8 but man if your mock holds up we would have a good draft...

and you could put Mel Kiper out of business. :)

patmoran2006
03-26-2006, 07:57 PM
i dont see that happening, but i would be as happy as phil in the Jills locker room if it did.

:up:

That is an understatement my friend.

That would be the greatest draft of all-time, but none of those are going to happen.

There's a better chance Marv will throw on the pads and play QB himself than Brick lasting til the 8th pick..

Spencer is the ONLY one with an outside shot to last to #42.

Stanley and McCargo are both second rounders, they won't last to round three. theyll go in the first half of round two as well.

Great idea though.. Man, that would be one unbelievable draft.!

thejetfan
03-26-2006, 08:02 PM
D'Brick is not falling to the Bills at 8. NO, Tennessee, the Jets (unfortunately), and SF are all suitors and I guarantee one of them will scoop him up.

Tatonka
03-26-2006, 08:18 PM
san fran just paid almost 40 million for jennings last season.. no way they draft another left tackle and spend another 40 million on a second left tackle.

McBFLO
03-26-2006, 08:36 PM
not gonna happen... brick aint falling to 8

DraftBoy
03-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Brick wont be there at 8, Spencer is a good pick in round 2. We have no need to take two DT's in round 3. McCargo I like but not nearly as much as players like Wroten and Harris, or Stanley in later rounds. As for Mahelona he does not at all fit our scheme as he is a two gap DT and we are going with a one gap scheme. Overall its about a C-, without knowing who you had going to other teams.

DraftBoy
03-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Threads merged!

Oaklandraider
03-26-2006, 09:52 PM
brick falling to eight wouldnt make it past NOla, raiders, niners

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-26-2006, 10:29 PM
I love those first two picks, I would also look at Max Jean-Gilles if Spencer isnt there in the second because he is just a mauler, but like everyone else I can't see Ferguson going that far down. Dont know too much about the two DT's.

SABURZFAN
03-27-2006, 01:11 AM
if new orleans doesn't get d'brick,tennessee will.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-27-2006, 05:41 AM
if new orleans doesn't get d'brick,tennessee will.

SAB, Tenn takes a QB no matter who is there at their pick :)